iForged vs. Volk vs. Work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 06:08 PM
DTG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iForged vs. Volk vs. Work

Before I get flamed for not searching, please understand that I have searched and most hits have had to do with looks and fitment which is not the nature of my questions.

If you think this thread is a waste of time, then please don't waste another minute by responding that I should search. Otherwise, if you can help me then I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I'm going with 19x9.5 front and 19x10.5 rear and I specifically want to know about weights and quality of the following three wheels:

1) Volk SF Winning
2) Work VS-XX
3) iForged Seneka

QUESTIONS:
1) Anyone can tell me where I can find weights of these wheels?
2) Which of the three companies has the best reputation for quality in terms of fit and finish (i.e. longivity of paint/polish, tolerance, etc)?
3) How about in terms of durability & strength?

Old 07-24-2007, 08:03 PM
iForged hands down. Volks and Works are so played out. Everyone and their mom has them. iForged has excellent quality, fitment, and maximizes the biggest lips. They are all light in weight. iForged is also extremely strong. I have known friends who have curbed rims at incredible high speeds and no bends. Good Luck with your decision.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
wtf? whats this line for?
+1^^^

Old 07-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^+2

However, I have heard too many bad stories about iforged customer service,

I also suggest CCW. You can check them out at ccwheel.com. They have single piece and multi-piece wheels, lower price than any of the above wheel manufacturers, and good customer service. The only thing is that they don't have as many model wheels as some other manufacturers.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:59 PM
CCW wheels are garbage. I have heard many horror stories about their bad fitments and impossible to clean wheels. I have also heard issues with their customer service as well. Plus, they produce a relatively small lip for a car such as the G35 Coupe which can produce a massive lip.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:17 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
I would go with work IMO the price is up with the reast they are not so over played like volk and the iforged I had a friend that had nothing but problems after problewms with them

Old 07-25-2007, 01:48 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
volk and work are played out. iforged FTW!

Old 07-25-2007, 11:24 AM
DTG
Great replies, but I'm still missing some specific experience from owners of these wheels...

How does the finish hold up after cleaning?

Does anyone know the actual weights?

Actual customer service experiences?

That sort of stuff...

Thanks.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
G35driver Addict
don't forget about DPE and HRE.
i think finish longevity depends on if you get them painted, clear coated, anodized, hi polished. as long as you take care of them and use soap and water and not harsh chemicals all the rims you listed will hold up fine.
weight isn't goin to matter a whole lot if you're not tracking your car. As long as you get forged wheels, you are good. If you get cast, that is when you have to worry about weight.
you can do a search for customer service experience. there was a long thread about bad customer service from iforged. it also depends on the vendor and how long you're willing to wait for wheels.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:27 PM
i like the winnings and VS-XX

Old 07-26-2007, 12:49 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i have had iforged wheels and volks and i prefer volk wheels. my iforged wheels constantly had to be polished to make them shiny again and that got old quick. i like the volks so much i have had a few sets over the years...

good luck to ya!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by apt2189
iForged hands down. Volks and Works are so played out. Everyone and their mom has them.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by DTG
Great replies, but I'm still missing some specific experience from owners of these wheels...

How does the finish hold up after cleaning?

Does anyone know the actual weights?

Actual customer service experiences?

That sort of stuff...

Thanks.
i've got work (vs-xx) and have noticed the lips are rather soft (easily scratched). and i just recently found out that they are just about impossible to repair perfectly (stupid anodized lips!)

Old 07-26-2007, 01:39 AM
I have had iForged for many years and they are incredible in every way and very easy to clean. They are also very strong a light. I also had Volks and got rid of them because their styles were boring and they became so played out. Same goes for Works.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:01 PM
DTG
I think it's because the iForged wheels do not come standard with clear coat and so it's basically an exposed metal that is prone to tarnish unless you keep polishing it. guess you can pay extra for clear coat. Do the Volk wheels come with clear coat standard?

Originally Posted by wayneside
i have had iforged wheels and volks and i prefer volk wheels. my iforged wheels constantly had to be polished to make them shiny again and that got old quick. i like the volks so much i have had a few sets over the years...

good luck to ya!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iForged vs. Volk vs. Work