Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by wes g
LMFAO

its a fox
I hit a coyote in my wifes Ford Motherfocus on the interstate. Little bastage came from the tall weeds in the median and ran into the front bumper/wheel full speed. I had to deflate the tire and pop the bead to get the coyote fur out of it.

I hate dumb little, suicidal, furry mammals. I mean, if you want to die, just wear a set of antlers on the first day of open season around here.... no need to take it out on a car. *mad*

Old 09-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aite thanks guys

Old 09-10-2007, 05:05 PM
I've got stillen rear camber kit and nothing in the front...My alignment guys have it within spec!!!!!!

Originally Posted by abunai
you dont have any camber kits? man my car was way out without the camber kit... i have the tein basics too

Old 09-10-2007, 07:50 PM
I have had my G for about 7 months now and most of the time take the same free way exit back home. It's a long sweeping corner turning left and going up. Coming from my front wheel drive experience I used to brake into the corner as much as possible and jump on the throttle near the apex. If I get to aggressive on the corner, VDC used to kick in and I thought the setup was a little to conservative. I could not feel the car slide but now I think it is due to the shift in weight and also the quick change from braking to power.

After driving the G for a while and getting more used to the car and the rare wheel drive, I noticed that you can take the turn faster if you carry enough speed into the corner, brake less and get on the power before the apex and let the rear end to it's job in straightening the corner. Takes a little getting used to but it's pretty neat and the overall speed is much more.

I read this on the forum before and I think it's true. The G is not a sports car but a car that happens to be sporty. With a good driver and a knowledge of the corner you can have some fun. The rest of the time all of us can enjoy all the bumps on the road thanks to the G's stiff suspension.

By the way I have a stock car and don't plan to do any modification.

Drive carefully guys.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:57 AM
US Marine Corps Reserve
Originally Posted by sliq
its not that i cant push it wit stock parts, its jus that im testing out the feel for my car and getting use to its levels but thought i would have thought the handling would be better. need to go random driving tonight and get a feel for it more
There's an old Car&Driver cliche'. With the majority of sports cars these days , it's been said that around a corner "the driver loses their nerve well before the car does."

Work your way up to speed on that corner. Try it at 20.. then 25.. then 30.. see how it's going in your butt meter.

If you're not hearing tire squeel, then you haven't scratched the surface of the cars limits yet.

First things first, though-- Have you seen your friend take that turn in his Scion at 40?

Last edited by ChandlerL; 09-11-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
When an on or off ramp says 25 mph... I take to 40 or 45 if there aren't anybody in front of me. Maybe I'll see if I can do 50mph when I get a chance.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:22 AM
the handling on the G is superb..i have just tein drop springs and nothing more for suspension..Badboy holds every turn i push it through..whether 20 or 75..it sticks and the VDC doesnt kick in anymore..used to scare me when i did tho..dang.

be safe!

Old 09-11-2007, 01:28 AM
brb getting cut
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont know but after moving from a 96 civic to this beauty i feel like the G handles on rails already! i do have the sport suspension, but i guess i really havent had a chance to test the limits. Feels like a champ though!

Old 09-11-2007, 01:35 AM
Banned
i have RAS and took a big azz curve entering the freeway at 45mph with no problem. tires didn't even squeal. imagine how better it would be if I has a front strutbar.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:40 AM
i hit the on ramps and offramps here in hawaii at aleast 50+. if no one is around i push it..but never to the limit. 75 is good for me with pretty muich stock. but damn the roads are crappy here..potoles everywhere. and if i see an evo or sti i get up on them in the turns. they try to pull away but still see my headlights right on their ****. they never llike race..cries even on empty backroads.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i very much disagree

stock i thought it handled really well. you had to be going really fast (for being on the street) to exceed the limit, it felt like.

but then i did hks rs, sways/bushing, 255/275 ps2 tires. now i feel like the car's limits are well beyond what i would feel safe doing on the street.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by G-girl
When an on or off ramp says 25 mph... I take to 40 or 45 if there aren't anybody in front of me. Maybe I'll see if I can do 50mph when I get a chance.
HOW DARE U!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:37 PM
You don't think you can take 40mph corners? I take corners faster than that daily and it sticks to the asphalt like glue.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:12 AM
i love my G!

Old 09-12-2007, 03:21 AM
I took a ramp at 65 today.. a REALLY curvy onramp. i had to brake last minute and my tires skid about 2 feet. almost hit the sidewall.. scared the **** out of me.. never doing that agian.. thats with a decent suspension setup also. tokico shocks, hotchkiss sways, eibach prokit....

its not about what your car can handle or how well the driver can drive. its about know which line to take when you enter the corner and at what speed =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35's Handling