G35's Handling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35's Handling

does any of you feel that your G35 cant quite handle as well as you expected? i have a 07 G35 coupe 6spd and i feel like i cant pull corners as hard and fast as i think my car can. my friend has a tC and he said he pulled a corner at 40 and for some reason when i try and pull the corner at 40 i dont think the G can. feels like im gonna lose traction. anyone have any tips or advice on this?

Old 09-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
as you get more used to the car the more you'll find your limits. I dont know exactly how sharp a curve your talking about but the G or any rwd car can handle a good amount of speed through a curve depending on drivers ***** and skills

Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 PM
hm.. now that i think about it.. it might actually be cuz my seat is leaned back haha and i feel like im slipping outta my seat. the turn im talking about is a slightly tight turn. im thinking if my friends scion tC can hit that turn at 40 then i should be able to do it higher than 40 right? considering the obvious face is the G35 has much more superior handling than the tC. i just recently bought my 35 so it might be that i dont know my limits yet.

but how good is our handling? any stories etc

Old 09-05-2007, 01:32 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get some sway bars, strut tower brace, and chassis braces. you'll be good to go. lightweight wheels help also. springs and shocks and coilovers if you got the dough.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
My advice:
You and your friend both go to an Autox and drive the hell out of them. Push the car to its limits and see what it can do. The worst that will happen is a road cone dies. And no one really likes those things anyway, it's like killing mosquitos.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by izmir41500
get some sway bars, strut tower brace, and chassis braces. you'll be good to go. lightweight wheels help also. springs and shocks and coilovers if you got the dough.
ive been wanting to lower my car since i got it, but i dont know a good suspension set up. i need a good one. prefer springs cuz i think coils arent neccessary right now. i heard you have to buy other things and replace a few parts if you want to lower your G. that you cant jus get springs cuz itll wear down other parts hard etc. and i heard you need spacers? know any good suspension set up?

Old 09-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ibelonginprison
My advice:
You and your friend both go to an Autox and drive the hell out of them. Push the car to its limits and see what it can do. The worst that will happen is a road cone dies. And no one really likes those things anyway, it's like killing mosquitos.

I agree. The OP needs to take it to an autox event and learn how to drive. You can't push a car to its limits on public roads (and you shouldnt).

Most people on these forums like drag racing.. but thats for fast cars, autox is for fast drivers.

My G does great on autox tracks, the AWD is fun. I put my car through a fence on a fast corner (****ty tires) and had it completely repainted because of the damage. I havent run since, I need a track only car... but its still fun. (dont worry bout my car, its good as new.. actually the paint is better than factory)

Old 09-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by sliq
hm.. now that i think about it.. it might actually be cuz my seat is leaned back haha and i feel like im slipping outta my seat. the turn im talking about is a slightly tight turn. im thinking if my friends scion tC can hit that turn at 40 then i should be able to do it higher than 40 right? considering the obvious face is the G35 has much more superior handling than the tC. i just recently bought my 35 so it might be that i dont know my limits yet.

but how good is our handling? any stories etc
There's a 90 degree, "20mph", slightly cambered turn by my house. I eyeballed it for two days before there was no traffic and I was able to "give it hell." I breezed through it at 45 and left the car wanting more. VDC never even twitched. I thought it was fun.
Unfortunately the POLICE officer thought differently, but he was impressed with the way the car handled.... he was NOT impressed with my friend who came through after me completely sideways billowing white smoke from behind his 350Z as he drifted through the same turn... then dipped into some neighborhoods and got away when the blue lights came on. (I pulled over because it's by my house, and I drive past the police station twice a day)

But he liked my car, and I got away clean, the only thing I got from him was a smile and a "nice car."

So yes, they corner nicely.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Regardless of whatever you decide upon . . . Please, be careful out there.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by sliq
does any of you feel that your G35 cant quite handle as well as you expected? i have a 07 G35 coupe 6spd and i feel like i cant pull corners as hard and fast as i think my car can. my friend has a tC and he said he pulled a corner at 40 and for some reason when i try and pull the corner at 40 i dont think the G can. feels like im gonna lose traction. anyone have any tips or advice on this?
if the tires are not making any noise u are not taking the corner fast enough, make sure u are in lowest possible gear when u take a corner. For 40mph it would be 2nd gear.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by izmir41500
I think owner of the car is the most important person to decide to go with the suspension upgrades. If he can push the car to the limits with stock suspension, which in this case he obviously can't, then he can decide what kind of upgrades to do.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
I think owner of the car is the most important person to decide to go with the suspension upgrades. If he can push the car to the limits with stock suspension, which in this case he obviously can't, then he can decide what kind of upgrades to do.
its not that i cant push it wit stock parts, its jus that im testing out the feel for my car and getting use to its levels but thought i would have thought the handling would be better. need to go random driving tonight and get a feel for it more

Old 09-05-2007, 02:29 PM
haha I disagree completely.

Although I am curiouse as to whether or not you have RAS (rear active stearing)

I have RAS and Ive takern corners a lot faster than 40 and have had no problems...

Just the other day on TV they rated the g35 one of the best handling cars out there!!

Old 09-05-2007, 02:44 PM
how can i tell if i have RAS? i have an 07 g35c 6spd premium package. i think i do... but havent fully read the manual haha jus wanted to drive her

Old 09-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Rphillips6487

Just the other day on TV they rated the g35 one of the best handling cars out there!!
is there a article on this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35's Handling