Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs

hey i tried to search and got no results. Recently i purchased the Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs and i was wondering if anybody here had problems with alignment after install? The company i bought them from said i wont need any aftermarket camber kits with this kit because it dont lower the car enough. Today i went for alignment and they got my toe perfect but they said they couldnt get my camber right and i would need aftermarket camber kit in the front and back. Did anybody else have this problem? I spoke with a couple g35 tuners and they said if go over 1.5in in the rear i need a camber kit and the pro kit lowers 1.1 and for the front it lowers 1.5in and the front could be adjusted with the stock camber. By the way i have an 05 coupe, manual, with the 19in stock wheels. Any info would be great so i dont go off spending close to 300-350 a tire within the next couple months. Thanks

Old 11-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by lookthatsme
Any info would be great so i dont go off spending close to 300-350 a tire within the next couple months. Thanks
Eibach's DO lower the car enough to need camber kit.
My experience = quite a bit of settling too making the camber adjustment even more important.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same Pro Kit and the alignment guy said that I wouldnt need a camber kit. After a few months, it started to settle and now I definately need one. My tires are getting chewed up on the sides and just recently purchased a F/R SPC kit from THMotorsports.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:57 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've had the Pro Kit on my car for 45,000 miles with no camber kit. Ya the the tires don't wear evenly but I got 25,000 out of the OE Bridgstones and now I have 20,000 on my PS2's and they don't look that bad. You give up a little tire wear for better handling with more negitive camber. I just got my EVO camber arms for the front so I can add more negitive camber on track days. What do you want?? better handling or longer tire life

Old 12-15-2007, 01:09 AM
i had the pro kits when i lowered my car the first time, and all that i needed to do was take it to an alignment shop to get the for tires align. i drove it after that with no camber kits needed and checked my tires often to see if they were balding on one side or another in the back and had no problems at all. my suggestion is that you have to find the 'right' alignment shop that will do the best work for you then you will be safe to go without a camber kit. you only need to get a camber kit if you are going to lower more than 1.5

Old 12-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I needed a camber kit on mine with Eibach Pro-Kit. I believe I was at -1.5 and -2.0 roughly. Got 350evo a-arms and kept the camber aggressive at -1.5 all around.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
So far all these comments seem '05 or later, or 19" or aftermarket A-arm kit. I si the the year, or the 3rd party A-arm mod and/or wheel diam. requiring the camber kit?
Have '03 Coupe 5AT, 18" street set & track set wheels. Installing KONI 8241 series Yellow Sport w/ Eibach Pro-Kit Spring P/N 6365.140. Advertised for 1.0"F/1.1"R drop. Will retain other OEM suspension components for a while.

Have been advised no camber kit will be req'd [yet, I'm always a skeptic] and like in forgoing posts, I've heard both ways (mostly no big deal) or, is the year*a-arm mod*wheel size an infuence on this?

For those with camber issues, what is your; year*a-arm mod*wheel size?
Same info from those who've not really had issues would be helpful as well.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:45 PM
As long as your toe is correct, tire wear should be the same or slightly more than stock. Sports cars are factory set with negative camber. Some BMW's are set at -2.0 but with correct toe, the tires wear almost evenly.

Someone else here said as well; certain perfomance upgrades will create sacrifices in other areas such as tire life, ride quality, etc.

Are you after form or function?

Old 12-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Function!
as, w/ G35 - this is a wonderfully functioning form. All the benefits, none of the guilt I say!
Car goes to track 7-10 times this year, not a daily driver, but doesn't stay in the driveway much. With mods puts 247 RWHP & 239 FT/LB torque to wheels, has Stillen sways. For more visit here: http://www.carolinazclub.net/Members/GHobbs.html

I can accept some additional wear based upon the way it gets driven [WOT anyone?], but all this back & forth as to undue camber alignment wear perplexes me, especially references to "settling"... over time w/ the Eibach Pro Kit springs? Heck, any springs - sh$t!, its not landfill! It ain't a dam cake! Did they install it right? Is there a load of PIG IRON in the trunk?

If they used the Eibach P/N 6365.140, then without undue weight in the car (like, my lard butt), it is only going to drop the designed 1.0/1.1 [+/- the mfg. tolerances - which is likley <1/2% - given their QC programs and certifications]. So what else has been "adjusted" (or not?)
From everyone's experience (including my own) this camber issue on the G35 platform should be pretty much non-existent with the drop of the Eibach Pro Kit spring. As you note, the impact should be minor with drops < 1.25". If it is the SportLine spring, there you could (and should) have issues.

If [undue] wear is an issue with this Pro Kit spring mod at that drop, then something is the wrong aftermarket component, or out of adjustment (alignment), or those doing the adjustment (alignment) need alignment (don't know where you can get that done?), or - as in my case - a diet is in order, or perhaps they should remove that body from the trunk...

Hard to figure out, especially for an old fart like me

Last edited by FastrColor03; 12-31-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:41 PM
I've had the Prokit on my sedan for 25000 without camber kit. I had it aligned by a tech I know and trust. He told me the camber was right at the limit of spec adjusted to max setting. Still, the Yoko AVS100 are showing inside edge wear in all 4 corners so you will not get even wear without a camber kit. The AVS100 suck anyway (loud and squirrely as hell when pushed). Will be glad to get rid of them.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:11 PM
I have '03 coupe owners, 03-04 350z owners and and experienced Eibach installer telling me it is all in the alignment, and on that platform, with that drop, a camber kit should not be necessary [jeez I wanna believe]. I can't comment where the sedan is concerned as I do know that will be a bit different animal. However, I will hate your Yokos with you tho'! I can get there!

The only work I have done at the local Infiniti dealer is alignment. That because they use a Hunter HD Digital Imaging System with the WinAlign software (add on) for ride height modified cars, and they are properly trained in the use of it. There are other high end shops in our area (Charlotte) that use this system, most serving the race community and BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari crowds.... and Infiniti of Charlotte just happened to be the only Nissan family service group in within 50 miles using it. To my surprise, because of the Hunter system technology I was referred back to the Infiniti dealership 20 months ago by a couple of different custom tuner shops. A demo of the base system can be found here: http://www.hunter.com/powerbay/index.htm
and a description of the WinAlign software (as well as lowering cause & effect) can be found here: http://www.hunter.com/pub/product/AL...118T/index.htm

Since I have used this shop for alignment (who, SURPRISE, are generally qualified to work on my car...) and using that Hunter technology I've not had any unusual issues with tire wear. I have had 3 alignments done in last 18 months there ($100 a pop), as in that time period I have 16 (very) full track days on a car with 100K miles on it, plus four different weekend excursions into the mountains of NC/TN - all in the spirit of driving.... Tail of the Dragon anyone? In any event, that all equals to almost 2 sets of track tires, and about half way thru set of street tires. Alignment is the rule, not the exception.

So, I will have this thing aligned after I knock out the Koni Shocks & Eibach spring install (hopefully in next 2-3 weeks) and publish all results and comments here. Will have reasonable before and after, and I'll pass on whatever BS the guys at the Infiniti place have to add.

Meanwhile, I can suggest to anyone who has altered the ride height of their car to seek out a shop that has invested in this technology as training and use is specific to your situation. For me it means "trust" no longer has to be the mitigating factor.