Wheel balancing under warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That only time one should argue is if they F'd up ur car.. But covering your car underwarranty when you purchase a part from someone in this forum, and the parts fail.... I dont think it should be covered..

like u have an 03 coupe.. U install an 06 headlight on ur 03 coupe. Theres a recall on the 06 headlight.. You expect Infinti to give you brand new 06 lights? Or, should they tell you to install your 03 headlights back on?

Old 01-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by avs007
Like I said, if your software does not allow you to do what is described in the warranty booklet, that is a corporate issue, and it sounds like they would need to fix the software to support it...

I don't care if your computer software doesn't allow you to warranty a Nismo part for example, the warranty terms and conditions are very clear. Computer software is not perfect, but the warranty description, and terms and conditions are crystal clear. So for example, according to the warranty language, a Nismo intake would be covered for the duration of the powertrain warranty as long as it's installed while you are still under warranty, not the 12 month/12,000 miles warranty. It looks like you can take the part off yourself and still get it repaired in the same warranty duration, bceuase it says you need to pay for labor if the dealer didn't install it, but then it continues to say you can bring the part in, and thye can repair/exchange it. It doesn't say that when you remove it, suddenly you are bound to the parts warranty and not the new car warranty. The previous section explicitiy said that the warranty will not expire until the end of the term of the new car warranty.

For example, I bought some parts for a different car by my work a while back... Turns out I didn't need the part, so I returned it at a location near my house, which happens to be in a different state.... There is no sales tax where I bought the part, but there is where I returned it... The software the parts counter was using, did not take that into account, and they tried to refund me sales tax. I caught this error, but the guy could not figure out how to return something without having it refund sales tax, even tho sales tax was not paid. It just wasn't set up that way.

Warranty policies and responsibilies are dictated by the actual warranty document, not by whatever software you happen to be running at the time.

Are you going to tell me that if I own a store, I can print on the back of the receipt that you can return items for a full refund within 21 days of purchase with receipt... But then when the customer comes in 5 days later, tell them they can't return it, becuase the software you run doesn't allow returns after 3 days?

First of all... you are not reading anything I am writing are you...

IF you buy a part from a NISSAN / INFINITI Dealer over the counter OF COURSE it is covered! I AM NOT ARGUING THAT AT ALL! See example B in my post a few above...

IF You buy a part from a friend, it may very well be a factory part but it is off of a DIFFERENT VEHICLE, it will not be covered. UNLESS that part is NATIVE to that vehicle...

EXAMPLE as above... If you put a Z tube on your G, the 16576-CD00A number WILL NOT be covered by INFINITI, BUT, If you bring it to a NISSAN Dealer over the counter, they can do a PARTS WARRANTY IF you have a COPY of the invoice from the original purchase.

If you want to return a part that is another story...

You are comparing the FACTORY OEM EQUIPPED parts warranty to a PARTS COUNTER warranty...

If you buy a set of wheels from a friend, they do not apply to the WARRANTY on the vehicle NOR does it apply to the parts counter warranty since they were not purchased over the parts counter...

Old 01-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by doctorG
That only time one should argue is if they F'd up ur car.. But covering your car underwarranty when you purchase a part from someone in this forum, and the parts fail.... I dont think it should be covered..

like u have an 03 coupe.. U install an 06 headlight on ur 03 coupe. Theres a recall on the 06 headlight.. You expect Infinti to give you brand new 06 lights? Or, should they tell you to install your 03 headlights back on?

That is a perfect example and applies to my example A / B in my previous post...

If you purchase a set of 2006/2007 headlights from Myself or any other INFINITI Dealer it is purchased as a "PARTS COUNTER" purchase and a "REPLACEMENT PARTS LIMITED WARRANTY" applies to that purchase at ANY INFINITI DEALERSHIP across the US.

The PARTS warranty is done over the PARTS COUNTER at your local INFINITI Dealership with a PARTS WARRANTY Form.

If you purchase a set off ebay as a USED set or from a junk yard no warranty through INFINITI will apply...

BUT, IF you have a 2006-2007 G35 and put a set of headlights on your car that you purchased to replace a cracked one or damaged from a car accident the warranty may go through at your local dealer you go to. BUT, if INFINITI can trace your VIN number to an accident where headlights were replaced they may flag that warranty repair and do an investigation with that dealership.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason@Riverside
First of all... you are not reading anything I am writing are you...

IF you buy a part from a NISSAN / INFINITI Dealer over the counter OF COURSE it is covered! I AM NOT ARGUING THAT AT ALL! See example B in my post a few above...
In part B, you implied the part would only have a 12 month 12,000 miles warranty. That's the part I was disagreeing with.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:55 PM
If you purchase a set of 2006/2007 headlights from Myself or any other INFINITI Dealer it is purchased as a "PARTS COUNTER" purchase and a "REPLACEMENT PARTS LIMITED WARRANTY" applies to that purchase at ANY INFINITI DEALERSHIP across the US.

The PARTS warranty is done over the PARTS COUNTER at your local INFINITI Dealership with a PARTS WARRANTY Form.
This section of the warranty booklet disagrees with you:

this
warranty is for 12 months or 12,000 miles from the
date of installation or purchase, whichever is
earlier. However, the warranty on Genuine Nissan
replacement parts, Genuine NISMO S-tune parts,
and Genuine Nissan accessories installed in a
Nissan or Infiniti vehicle while the vehicle is covered
by a Nissan warranty, which would have covered
the part had it been installed in the vehicle at
manufacture will not end before the end of that
warranty.
No Nismo S-Tune parts would ever show up on a VIN search as having been installed by the manufacturer, so the fact that the light came on the car or not is irrelevant. The only relevant part, is that the part is used as intended, and is a genuine Nissan, Infiniti, or Nismo S-Tune part or accessory.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
In part B, you implied the part would only have a 12 month 12,000 miles warranty. That's the part I was disagreeing with.
Because you are COMPARING the FACOTRY NEW CAR WARRANTY to a PARTS COUNTER SALE WARRANTY!

Old 01-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
This section of the warranty booklet disagrees with you:

No Nismo S-Tune parts would ever show up on a VIN search as having been installed by the manufacturer, so the fact that the light came on the car or not is irrelevant. The only relevant part, is that the part is used as intended, and is a genuine Nissan, Infiniti, or Nismo S-Tune part or accessory.
Give a NISMO Part number to any INFINITI Dealer and they can NOT do a warranty on it... NOR is a warranty supported on a INFINITI vehicle since the NISMO parts program is SPECIFIC to NISSAN dealers and supported by NISSAN dealers on the NISSAN vehicles.

NISMO S-Tune suspension for example is only WARRANTIED ON a 350Z. BUT, if you buy it over the counter, the PARTS WARRANTY applies no matter what vehicle you put it on which is 1/12K as a PARTS COUNTER WARRANTY only.

NISMO parts, Factory Accessory Parts, Replacement parts are sold with 1/12K PARTS warranty weither or not INSTALLED or PICKED UP or SHIPPED from a dealership.

with NISMO parts, they have a 3/36K warranty when INSTALLED AT TIME OF PURCHASE. Other than that they are 1/12K warranty.

Factory Accessory or Replacement parts are 1/12K in the same way...

NISSAN dealer can only warranty a NISSAN specific part on a NISSAN Vehicle. NISSAN dealer CAN NOT warranty a INFINITI SPECIFIC part number on a NISSAN VEHICLE and vice versa...

Perfect example is the Z tube as mentioned before,

Old 01-08-2008, 11:22 PM
NOR is a warranty supported on a INFINITI vehicle since the NISMO parts program is SPECIFIC to NISSAN dealers and supported by NISSAN dealers on the NISSAN vehicles.
FALSE. If that was true, why is Nismo mentioned in the Infiniti warranty booklet?

BUT, if you buy it over the counter, the PARTS WARRANTY applies no matter what vehicle you put it on which is 1/12K as a PARTS COUNTER WARRANTY only.
Again, FALSE. There is a SPECIFIC exception noted in the warranty booklet, when it talks about it being installed when you still have new car warranty.

NISMO parts, Factory Accessory Parts, Replacement parts are sold with 1/12K PARTS warranty weither or not INSTALLED or PICKED UP or SHIPPED from a dealership.
Again, FALSE. Did you even read the warranty booklet?

with NISMO parts, they have a 3/36K warranty when INSTALLED AT TIME OF PURCHASE. Other than that they are 1/12K warranty.
Please point out where in the warranty booklet it says that. It even talk about getting the part warrantied when it wasn't installed by Nissan/Infiniti, so obviously it means it doesn't have to be installed right at time of purchase, becuase otherwise it would've been installed by Nissan/Infiniti.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for all the input! although i'm not sure who's more right.... i guess i'll just keep my mouth shut about changing my wheels, and if they say they can't warranty it i'll show them the book?

Old 01-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Because you are COMPARING the FACOTRY NEW CAR WARRANTY to a PARTS COUNTER SALE WARRANTY!
That's because the warranty booklet says if you install those parts while you are still covered under new car warranty, the new car warranty supercedes the parts warranty.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
FALSE. If that was true, why is Nismo mentioned in the Infiniti warranty booklet?

Again, FALSE. There is a SPECIFIC exception noted in the warranty booklet, when it talks about it being installed when you still have new car warranty.

Again, FALSE. Did you even read the warranty booklet?

Please point out where in the warranty booklet it says that. It even talk about getting the part warrantied when it wasn't installed by Nissan/Infiniti, so obviously it means it doesn't have to be installed right at time of purchase, becuase otherwise it would've been installed by Nissan/Infiniti.
A INFINITI Dealer can not do a warranty on a NISMO part simply because THEY CAN NOT ORDER ONE from NISSAN!

END OF STORY no matter what it says in your book.

Call up an INFINITI Dealer (not counting ones that do what we do) and give them a NISMO S-Tune suspension part number: 5300S-RSZ30US . They will tell you its a bad part number! They cant order it, cant look it up in their parts system, they cant warranty it... end of story...

Now, the NISMO S-Tune Suspension 5300S-RSZ30US that both you and I both know will install onto a G35 Coupe or Sedan as well as a 350Z is only marketed by CORPORATE NISSAN (NOT INDIVIDUAL DEALERS) as a NISSAN 350Z part. BUT, if you purchase that same suspension as a part over the counter, a PARTS WARRANTY can be performed (doesnt matter what car it is on) and that warranty is 1/12K. Just have to produce a counter ticket showing the parts sale and mileage (which can be referanced by a maintenance record from around the time the part was purchased if needed).

Bottom line... If you have a problem with a part you purchased from a reputable reseller (like I think my self to be), give that person a call and they will do what they can to get it taken care of for you...

But buy a used part from some person other than a NISSAN / INFINITI Dealership and expect that part to be covered under warranty, its hit or miss.

Trust me... ANY dealership would LOVE to do a warranty repair for someone. But if it is something that cant be warrantied it just cant...

Old 01-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
That's because the warranty booklet says if you install those parts while you are still covered under new car warranty, the new car warranty supercedes the parts warranty.
YOU are talking about parts that are NOT SPECIFIC TO THE VEHICLE that the warrantied part is in question...

THERE FOR IT IS NOT APPLIED TO WHAT WARRANTY IS STATED IN THE BOOK!

That part is then only covered under the 1/12K PARTS WARRANTY.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:38 PM
just as a NISSAN dealer can not purchase a SPEICIFIC INFINITI part number (example INFINITI EMBLEM) directly from a NISSAN PDC (parts distribution center).
This isn't true either. There is a Nissan dealer near my house that advertises on TV that they can do warranty work on Infiniti vehicles... The Nissan dealer by my work can order any Infiniti part. They said they can't lookup Infiniti parts, but if you get the part number from Infiniti, they can order it... So that's usually what I do, since they are much closer to me....

Old 01-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
If you buy a Factory Replacement part for that specific vehicle and that part is specific to that vehicles VIN number, then yes it is covered under he factory warranty... I agree with you 1000000% and have from the beginging...

what is NOT covered under the factory warranty are parts that are NOT specific to the vehicles VIN number... this goes for different sized wheels, different color shift **** / newer shift ****, etc etc... those parts will have a 1/12K warranty...

The VEHICLE WARRANTY is specific to the parts that come up on the vehicles VIN number...

Old 01-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
This isn't true either. There is a Nissan dealer near my house that advertises on TV that they can do warranty work on Infiniti vehicles... The Nissan dealer by my work can order any Infiniti part. They said they can't lookup Infiniti parts, but if you get the part number from Infiniti, they can order it... So that's usually what I do, since they are much closer to me....
yeah, they order it from their local infiniti dealer or from me! They just do it as a convience to their customer base to bring in more business!

I cant order a Z tube, but I have customers drive past the NISSAN dealer down the street from me and purchase from me because I offer a different price, keep it instock, and know what they are putting it on their G35 for!

A NISSAN dealer can not do warranty work on an INFINITI... no ifs ands or buts about it...

You are arguing points in a book and comparing them now to a car STEALERSHIP ad!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel balancing under warranty?