Wheel balancing under warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason@Riverside
yeah, they order it from their local infiniti dealer
They are charging less than the local Infiniti dealer.. Sometimes significantly less.

A NISSAN dealer can not do warranty work on an INFINITI... no ifs ands or buts about it...
I thought that was wierd too, but this specific dealer is advertising that they are authorized to do service and warranty repair on Infiniti. Never gone there for service myself, but that's what they're saying...

Old 01-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by avs007
This isn't true either. There is a Nissan dealer near my house that advertises on TV that they can do warranty work on Infiniti vehicles... The Nissan dealer by my work can order any Infiniti part. They said they can't lookup Infiniti parts, but if you get the part number from Infiniti, they can order it... So that's usually what I do, since they are much closer to me....
Here is some inside info...

Below is a screen shot of the NISSAN / INFINITI Parts Net Locator tool... This will show me invintory of part numbers at NISSAN / INFINITI Dealers, Parts Distribution Centers (PDC)...

But, look at the print below under where it says "Please REmember"

It says
"Nissan Dealers can only search for Nissan and Common Parts.
Infiniti Dealers can only search for Infiniti and Common Parts."

For example... I can not search 16576-CD00A since it is specific to NISSAN, They cant search 16576-AL500 since it is specific to INFINITI.

I CAN search 16546-0Z000 since it is specific to BOTH INFINITI and NISSAN dealers....

INFINITI can only order parts specific to INFINITI dealers through their standard PDC.
NISSAN can only order parts specific to NISSAN dealers through their standard PDC.

Warranty applies the same...

If it is a COMMON part (like the 16546-0Z000) then either NISSAN or INFINITI can order from their PDC. THe part can also be covered under warranty by a NISSAN or INFINITI dealer but only a NISSAN dealer can do a warranty on a 350Z and only an INFINITI dealer can do a warranty repair on a G35.

NISSAN and INFINITI dealers buy parts from eachother all the time! Weither they are COMMON parts or SPECIFIC parts. in the "INDUSTRY" we help eachother out when we can...

NISSAN and other INFINITI dealers call me up all the time looking for part numbers for kits I have put together or even factory replacement parts! There are NISSAN dealers that call me up asking what oil filter a G35 uses! We all know they are the same between a 350Z and a G35 but there are some parts people who need a VIN number to look up an Oil Filter for a car!

Old 01-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
They are charging less than the local Infiniti dealer.. Sometimes significantly less.

I thought that was wierd too, but this specific dealer is advertising that they are authorized to do service and warranty repair on Infiniti. Never gone there for service myself, but that's what they're saying...

Because and as stated on the bottom of every price list:

and I quote:
"All dealers are free to sell at whatever price, mark-up, or margin of profit they may choose"

dont believe me I will show you... look at the bottom of the parts list master CD in blue...

Its amazing some things that dealers pull off, but its business...

Call up 10 different NISSAN dealers and ask for 16576-CD00A and you will get 10 Different prices... Same with INFINITI dealers...

Call me, you will always get a price SIGNIFICANTLY less!

For example...

Front brake pads... Off the top of my head, these pads fit: NISSAN 350Z 2006-2008 Front Non Brembo, G35 2005-2007 Coupe / 2005-2006 Sedan, 2006+ M35 & M45, NISSAN ALtima SE-R, NISSAN Maxima 2005-2007, etc etc...

41060-EG090

SAME part number for all those application and can be purchased at a NISSAN or INFINITI Dealer... The part MSRP's for $66.63. I sell for 25% off MSRP to forum members at a minimum, the higher dollar the price, I like to help out and discount a little more when I can... BUT, call up your local dealer, I bet you 99% of the time the price will be HIGHER then MSRP...

Some NISSAN dealers will sell the same part for higher then a INFINITI dealer, some INFINITI dealers will sell for Higher then a NISSAN dealer...

They are all independantly owned and opperated and set a specific price Menu based on the management...

The G35 / 350Z community has been lucky to have people at dealerships like myself and the other dealers that are sponsors on there... And one of the other dealerships that has a very strong presance on these message boards myself was a HUGE part of building their reputation...

Old 01-09-2008, 12:21 AM
It still seems wierd that the Infiniti Warranty Booklet will talk about Nismo, if Nismo parts aren't meant to be used with Infiniti vehicles....

Maybe I just work with too many lawyers everyday, (my profession involves reading/writing international specifications, for which I have to have lawyers on both sides read over and hassle me over what the implied liabilities/responsibilities are.)

But if it were me, and I had a G35 Coupe that didn't come equipped with 19" rims, and I bought 19" OEM rims for from the dealer for my car. And having the warranty booklet, which makes no mention in the "What is not covered" section about parts that were not installed on your vehicle at time of purchase, and then considering the section that says that as long as the parts were installed while under new car warranty, that the part will be covered the same as if it was installed at time of manufacture... Would imply to me that such a scenario means that the 19" rims would still be covered under new car warranty terms, not parts warranty terms....

I know you disagree becuase your software doesn't allow that, so I guess we can agree to disagree. But if I really were in that position, I can tell you, that I'd be bringing my attorney to the dealer, because like I said earlier... When I bought my car, I agreed to the terms of the contracts and documents that I was presented with at time of purchase... Not the terms as a result of any limitations and/or defects of any software currently in use by your organisation But it's ok, I understand how that goes too. Previous company I worked at got sued, because the service contract terms didn't align with how that company's support desk software was designed. (Let's just say the client thought they had lifetime free support credits, but the software wasn't designed that way, and was billing them after 10 years, but nobody caught on and figured that out for many many more years )

But anyways, I appreciate what you bring to the G community I wish my local Infiniti dealer was as nice as you... My local Infiniti dealer washed my car, when my service order said not to wash my car, which resulted in scratches (some of them deep) on every g'dam panel of my car. (I think the car washer was wearing a bracelet) They also backed my car into a curb earlier in the year when I was having warranty work done

Last edited by avs007; 01-09-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:35 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
But if it were me, and I had a G35 Coupe that didn't come equipped with 19" rims, and I bought 19" OEM rims for from the dealer for my car. And having the warranty booklet, which makes no mention in the "What is not covered" section about parts that were not installed on your vehicle at time of purchase, and then considering the section that says that as long as the parts were installed while under new car warranty, that the part will be covered the same as if it was installed at time of manufacture... Would imply to me that such a scenario means that the 19" rims would still be covered under new car warranty terms, not parts warranty terms....
Thats the thing... If you buy the rims from your local infiniti dealer you will have a 1/12,000 warranty on them... But, you will also be paying atleast 900 PER Wheel...

your car may say "Bumper to Bumper Warranty" but reguardless of that, every specific part has to be looked up for warranty coverage...

The ORIGINAL Equipped battery is covered for 1 year 12,000 miles from IN SERVICE date of the vehicle.

The 2nd year or 24,000 miles from IN SERVICE date is a 50% prorated replacement.

The 3rd Year or 36,000 miles from IN SERVICE date is 25% prorated replacement.

However, the NEW battery purchased or replaced by INFINITI is covered for 8 years, with the first 2 years free and 3-8 year prorated replacement...

Some parts of the exhaust system are not covered at all!

But you must bring your car to the dealer, they look up the primary failed part and check the specific warranty coverage on that specific part number...

There are ways to "help a customer out" which if you get a good service writer or know someone (like me and are local to me), I can work things with INFINITI directly to help you out...

I am only trying to be as honest about everything as possible.

If there is something you feel conflicts and it does come up as an issue, please confront your local dealer! They will do what they can to help out (hopefully) and if not, call INFINITI CONSUMER AFFAIRS.

Infiniti Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin TN 37068-5003
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time / Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

They are who to call if a dealer gives you a hard time about getting something warrantied if you feel it needs to be covered...

Old 01-09-2008, 12:35 AM
Call me, you will always get a price SIGNIFICANTLY less!.
Even after I spent all these posts harassing/arguing with you?

Old 01-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
It is not so much that the software does not alow it... If you submit a warranty claim with a part number that does not apply to the vin, poof, rejected...

Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Even after I spent all these posts harassing/arguing with you?
Of course! I am here to help you! Make owning / maintaining / loving your car much easier!

Most may not know me as well as I was known in the 350Z world... but, I am first a musician, car lover / enthusiast second... I got into the online NISSAN parts world almost 5 years ago now helping out the community with good pricing, help finding parts to enhance your driving experience etc...

When it comes down to it, im a car lover before a salesmen, Id rather have my customer happy filled with good information and sell them a lesser expensive part, then sell a part thats more expensive that someone told them they NEED when they really do not...

Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 AM
your car may say "Bumper to Bumper Warranty" but reguardless of that, every specific part has to be looked up for warranty coverage...

The ORIGINAL Equipped battery is covered for 1 year 12,000 miles from IN SERVICE date of the vehicle.

The 2nd year or 24,000 miles from IN SERVICE date is a 50% prorated replacement.

The 3rd Year or 36,000 miles from IN SERVICE date is 25% prorated replacement.

However, the NEW battery purchased or replaced by INFINITI is covered for 8 years, with the first 2 years free and 3-8 year prorated replacement...

Some parts of the exhaust system are not covered at all!
Heh heh, oh yeah, I know all about the different warranty conditions for different parts.. I actually read all 56 pages of the warranty booklet... My wife thinks I'm crazy that way... Whenever we buy a car or a house or land or something like that, I don't just blindly sign the papers, I actually read the legal jargon. And if it's really fat, I tell them I'll be back the next day after I have my attorney read over the paperwork I guess that's what happens when every guy in my family tree going back 3 generations (except for my generation) are attorneys You should've seen the field day I had with the home-owners association papers....

Last edited by avs007; 01-09-2008 at 12:45 AM.