KW Variant 3: Did I make the right choice???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KW Variant 3: Did I make the right choice???

Just want to get some feedback on these things before I install. I purchased these with a little under a 1000 miles on them from a sponsor in my350z.com which had them on there show car. Anyway, I did a lot of research on coilovers before I purchased and I decided to get these since I heard great feedback from people in a lot of threads. So 2 months later, I start thinking about it and searching more suspension threads and start to wonder if I over did it. Here are the facts:

- I own a 2005 G35 Sedan 6MT - Sports Model
- Purchased a set of Iforged Daytonas - 20" to ride on.
- Plan to drop maybe 1.75-2" in the front and 1.5" in the back.
- This is not a daily driver and mainly only sees 2 days of weekend action in
the street. Owned it since last April and only put 4000 miles on it.
- I wanted a coilover that was going to give me the best ride and a good
handling. But more for the ride quality as I live in New York.
- I will not be tracking my car at all and don't have any plans to in the future.

From what I was reading, everyone said these things have superb ride quality which is the reason I purchased but I am wondering if they were talking about to the extent of track use. My question is will I be able to get a comfortable ride out of these? I am considering selling and getting a set of Tein Comfort Sports or even HKS Hypermax LS coilovers. I really just want a suspension that will get me to as close a stock ride as possible with a drop.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Mike

Old 01-19-2008, 09:14 AM
i have v2's... my guess is, you will love the ride. i previously had s-techs on my coupe, and these are actually more comfortable than those. i have trouble describing it really... the ride feels more planted, but not jarring at all. the setup is very forgiving - using the recommended setup (in terms of dampening). on bumpy roads, they are soft enough to take most of the force (obviously harsher than stock, but comes w/ the territory), on highways and freeways, the ride is smooth and confident.

the only thing you may have trouble with is finding the right setting. those v3's have an infinite amount. i would recommend using the manufacturers suggested settings, and adjusting from there. since you're not tracking, i'm almost certain you'll find the manufactures recos to be perfect.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:43 PM
dut
I'm sure you didn't make the wrong choice and may be better than the other coilovers you mentioned.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Did you put them on?

If so what are your thoughts?

Old 06-16-2008, 10:17 PM
The kw's with separate rebound and compression damping are far superior to the other "name brand" alternatives you've named. Just don't slam it too low, and keep them in their recommended specs, adjust compression and rebound on the softer side for street ride and call it a day... The damping has more to do with the ride than spring rate, and kw's tend to have relatively low spring rates anyway.

imo JDM is overrated.