HELP with alignment specs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP with alignment specs

So a few months ago I had my coupe dropped in 350z H-techs with SPC rear camber kit, springmount mod, and got it aligned.
I never looked at the spec sheet too closely but recently I've been thinkin about dropping it a little lower, so looked at the specs to see if I'll need the FRONT camber kit if I go any lower.

Heres the spec sheet (excuse me for the crappy pic- its from my phone)

I was expecting to see all green's so they are IN spec, but apparently theyre not??
I am more worried because I ran into a few problems with the guy that did it for me and now im afraid he slacked off on the job.

HOPEFULLy im just being noob and missed something.. need some help guys!

Old 03-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I may be too blind to read the blur, but does your cross caster say -6.4?

Anyway, I hate to say it, but based on the horrid front camber values (0.9 and 1.3) alone, I'd have to say the guy was jacking off while aligning it for you. I'd think they she never be more the 0.1 or 0.2 at most degrees off from each other.

Well, looking again, at least the toes front and back are okay. You'll get most your wear from improper toe in.

If you look in the FSM, they'll give you the proper ranges for camber/caster/toe. I don't think the values in the specified range column are for the G. . .but anyway, I'd look into a bit more.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
go get an alignment right now. your front (camber, caster, cross caster) and rear (camber, cross camber) are way out. you can't do much with front camber without having aftermarket arms, but there shouldn't be that much a differential between right and left.

factory alignment specs: https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-tires/203207-factory-alignment-specifications-specs.html

Old 03-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Drewer

Yea the front cross caster does say -6.4

After the argument i had with the alignment guy i DID get a discount to $50 for the alignment, but I guess he did a sh!tty $50 alignment

Thanks bigc for the reference sheet.

Well what's the worst that could've happened in the last 4k miles with these specs? I checked the tires recently and they seemed to be ok.

I'm also thinking about getting lower springs, possibly the RS*R down springs cuz I wasnt able to completely get rid of the uneven drop from the 350z h-techs even with the springmount mod.

Looking at the spec sheet can I go any lower in the front without the front camber kit?

Last edited by lniivedl; 03-10-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Also anyone have more info on the RS*R down springs?

RSR 350Z linear springs .6”/.6” drop on 350Z G35 drops will be higher
Spring rates in LBS 345/417

RSR G35 coupe progressive springs 1”/1” G35 coupe drop
Spring rates in LBS 315/315

So the RSR 350z springs on the coupe would give around an inch drop all around, with pretty close springrates with OEM, which is what im looking for (given the front OEM camber arms would work with it) The RSR g35 springs look decent too.

Anyone have them on their coupes?

Old 03-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Drewer

Anyway, I hate to say it, but based on the horrid front camber values (0.9 and 1.3) alone, I'd have to say the guy was jacking off while aligning it for you. I'd think they she never be more the 0.1 or 0.2 at most degrees off from each other.

Well, looking again, at least the toes front and back are okay. You'll get most your wear from improper toe in.

If you look in the FSM, they'll give you the proper ranges for camber/caster/toe. I don't think the values in the specified range column are for the G. . .but anyway, I'd look into a bit more.
The front camber is not adjustable which is why the numbers did not change and why they are off from one another. Were you in the car while the alignment was done? If not, then the front camber will end up being pretty even with you in it, however all your other values will change slightly. Its best to have the alignment done with you in the car or at least a weight ballast in the driver's seat equal to your weight so the car is set up for your normal driving conditions

Old 03-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Well I wasnt in the car when I got it done, so I guess that can justify the huge differences in the left/right, especially for the front.

But i still have POSITIVE camber in the front somehow and NEGATIVE on the caster???

Since I'm thinking about going lower, I know itll make the camber more negative, which is good since i have POSITIVE camber right now, but can I do anything about the caster?

Old 03-10-2008, 06:31 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
somethings not right here.... unless you got in a crash, there's no way that your car would have positive camber and no FUKCING way that your caster could be that bad after lowering the car, let alone from the factory. Based on experience i'm going to have to say that the tech did NOT set up the machine right at all. There's clearly something else going on here.

With that cross caster your car would pull like a son of a B on the freeway and virtually be un-driveable.
-GP-

Last edited by Gdup35sedan; 03-10-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
somethings not right here.... unless you got in a crash, there's no way that your car would have positive camber and no FUKCING way that your caster could be that bad after lowering the car, let alone from the factory. Based on experience i'm going to have to say that the tech did NOT set up the machine right at all. There's clearly something else going on here.

With that cross caster your car would pull like a son of a B on the freeway and virtually be un-driveable.
-GP-

fuuuk I knew I shouldve gone to a better place for the alignment.
Anyways Gdup35sedan you work at firestone in san diego right? I've been thinking about going there for the next alignment. Do you think you can check it out soon? (today even if youre available) I'd much rather talk in person about all this suspension.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redlude97
The front camber is not adjustable which is why the numbers did not change and why they are off from one another. Were you in the car while the alignment was done? If not, then the front camber will end up being pretty even with you in it, however all your other values will change slightly. Its best to have the alignment done with you in the car or at least a weight ballast in the driver's seat equal to your weight so the car is set up for your normal driving conditions
Oops @ me. Hai's the guru. . .and yes, the front camber isn't adjustable at all with the OEM setup. I guess I was reading your "before camber" on the rear and saw positive and was like Disregard what I said. . .

Old 03-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
The front camber is not adjustable which is why the numbers did not change and why they are off from one another.
So since the OEM camber arms are not adjustable does that mean I cant fix the front camber/caster without new arms?
I honestly cant see how I can have POSITIVe camber and NEGATIVe caster unless the alignment guy didnt know how to calibrate the machine