Toe Bolt help, Elongating Hole?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by releasedtruth
I'm glad I found this thread. I'm just about to Z H-techs and SPC rear time myself. Fronts, well, I may just let that slide and not do it depending on results. So no extension needed? I don't have the extender myself.
i clearly just stated in my last post that you MUST have the extension to elongate the holes correctly.
-GP-

Old 04-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
extension would make it easier in afterthought, but I did it just fine w a normal dremmel... but you have to be pretty good with it. It would take longer w/o extension too

Old 04-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah i used the extension for my dremmel, wow made it much easier. Kinda hard to get to especially if you have that big factory exhaust muffler in the way back there. I just finished my coilovers up and it wasn't bad at all really, fairly easy install. had no problems with the rear camber arms or toe bolt holes. Got a couple problems with the front control arms by spc but we are trying to fix it.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
you got rear control arms too? is that the other stick that looks like a toe bolt? you didn't actually replace the upper link right, like how you replace the front a-arm?

Old 04-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah I replaced the rear camber ARMS as well as the to bolts. These are the camber arms: http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/EIB572050k.htm and this was the front spc a arm install i did: https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/130848-my-spc-arm-installation.html I had alittle prlbmes with the stud bolt coming out of the bushing that bolt up; https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/218096-spc-arm-play-thread.html

Old 04-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Yeah, I got the rear toe and the front a-arms, but I am thinking of getting the rear arm camber adjuster since the toe can only do so much. However, I am well within factory specs on the back with just a toe bolt. Somehow I just don't feel right not having it done "perfectly" though so I might have to blow another $200 and a couple of hours on the garage floor for this.

BTW I got back to your other thread with the issue with your front a-arms. I think you might be missing the conical bushing in between the A-arm bolt and the caster. I had this exact same issue and had about 1 inch of free space. Then I found out you are either supposed to take off the old conical bushing off the stock a-arm (which is VERY hard/impossible) or just get a pair from the dealership for about $30 bucks.

I get my new bushings tomorrow and the car back before this weekend, I hope, so I'll install the A-arms and let you know how it works out, unless you get there first.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by pavelpg
Yeah, I got the rear toe and the front a-arms, but I am thinking of getting the rear arm camber adjuster since the toe can only do so much. However, I am well within factory specs on the back with just a toe bolt. Somehow I just don't feel right not having it done "perfectly" though so I might have to blow another $200 and a couple of hours on the garage floor for this.

BTW I got back to your other thread with the issue with your front a-arms. I think you might be missing the conical bushing in between the A-arm bolt and the caster. I had this exact same issue and had about 1 inch of free space. Then I found out you are either supposed to take off the old conical bushing off the stock a-arm (which is VERY hard/impossible) or just get a pair from the dealership for about $30 bucks.

I get my new bushings tomorrow and the car back before this weekend, I hope, so I'll install the A-arms and let you know how it works out, unless you get there first.
Nice! I checked.....I thought I heard something about a conical bushing before! Yeah def get the rear adj. camber arms they are very good sense of security to have and wont do anything but help. I got mine TOE BOLT AND COMPLETE ADJ ARMS FOR ONLY $150 BY SPC HERE: http://www.ajusa.com/browse/index/24...645f31c3dd11c9

Last edited by TurboDreamzG; 04-30-2008 at 06:39 AM.