Best Drop?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Drop?

Ok so it's time to lower the G. What springs will give me the perfect drop with no rubbing and no fender rolling without killing my camber? I am running 19" volks with 35 series tires front and back.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Tein 350z htechs will give you a moderate drop..but i personally regret getting them..go with the tein s-techs from the beginning along with some camber kits.

or if you got the $$ get coilovers and you can adjust to whatever height you like.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:20 PM
how bad will the tread wear be if I don't get the camber kit? They are expensive.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
what if you get coilovers, do you still need front and/or rear camber kit? i am a nooB when it comes to suspension

Old 06-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lets just put it this way, you should get camber kit for any drop, but u dont have to if your comfortable spending money for new tires every 5-7k mi depending on your drop

Old 06-14-2008, 08:56 PM
EG3
Im also a noob when comes to this subject.. um what makes your tires eat away when you drop your car?

Old 06-15-2008, 02:22 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can't we just put a sticky up top that says:

"DROPS PRETTY MUCH ALL REQUIRE CAMBER KITS"...

If you mess with suspension, you need an alignment or the car will drive like ****. The stock adjustments are very limiting and won't get you very far. You will need front a-arms, rear lower adjustable links and rear toe bolts in most if not all cases to do the job right. It is misleading to tell people that they can drop and not get the car back into spec and it will be fine.. it wont.

Too much camber or toe will wear your tires like crazy and in my opinion is not safe. Lots of rear toe makes the rear of the car jump around off bumps and just feels like crap.

I bought SPC kits for front and rear, got it aligned and now its amazing, but otherwise its a mess. I was told that I could get close to spec without a camber kit with my Eibach pros... its B.S.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:28 AM
its hard to predict precisely how much your alignment specs will be off by since cars will drop differently even with the same springs..

for example most people on this site were able to get pretty close to the alignment specs without camber kits with the 350z htech drop, but I was pretty off in the front (i got the rear camber kit so the rears werent an issue). Think my tires will last me about 10k miles total..

So ill be getting the front camber kit + lower suspension..after im done i wouldve wasted a few hundred $$ on installs, alignments, parts, etc.

Since you got Volks id suggest a pretty aggressive drop to finish off the look.
Heres what you need to do

1. buy springs/coilovers (consider new shocks if youre getting springs)
2. buy front/rear camber kit
3. install yourself (save a few hundred bucks)
4. get an alignment FROM A REPUTABLE SHOP after a few weeks- I made the mistake of going to a regular shop and they messed up
5. be DONE!

If you do this ill guarantee youll save money in the long run if you keep modding the G. I made the mistake of trying to get things done the cheap way.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:33 AM
Originally Posted by dcityjatt
what if you get coilovers, do you still need front and/or rear camber kit? i am a nooB when it comes to suspension
the front/rear camber kits are needed according to how much of a drop you get (more drop = more chances of you needing the kits)

with the coilovers youll be able to adjust how much of a drop you want..and you can limit your drop to stay within the alignment specs.

BUT the G's camber kits only allow for a VERY small drop..and so if you want to stay within the specs without aftermarket camber kits its not worth getting coilovers

Old 06-15-2008, 04:35 AM
Originally Posted by EG3
Im also a noob when comes to this subject.. um what makes your tires eat away when you drop your car?
your change in alignment specs (camber, toe, etc) when you mess with suspension cause uneven tire wear. you need aftermarket camber kits to fix that.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EG3
pretty much its called negative camber the more negative camber means the more your tires sit on the inside of the tire which essentially means better handling but you go through tires like crazy.... when you put our cars back to spec there still is negative camber but minimal tire wear

Old 06-15-2008, 05:26 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Best drop is in the eyes of beholder.......

You gotta consider not only drop... you also need to consider what camber and toe you'd set at when you drop the car...

also the tire and wheel sizes play a big part...

Old 06-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a spring set that does a 10mm drop all the way around....the maker name escapes me right now. But you might be able to get away with just an alignment with a 10mm drop. They'll probably sag a bit too though so....

Old 06-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by EvolutionGSR
There is a spring set that does a 10mm drop all the way around....the maker name escapes me right now. But you might be able to get away with just an alignment with a 10mm drop. They'll probably sag a bit too though so....
I personally wouldnt waste time/money to drop it 10 mm

Old 06-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
bad camber doesn't necessarily mean your tires wont last long, you just have to spend the extra work by switching them around every so often miles

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Drop?