OEM End Links

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM End Links

Does anyone know if there is a difference between sedan, coupe, and Z end links?

I had my Hotchkis sways on for less than 50 miles and my end links are making noise. They are not snapped but I choose to replace them right away. I have an 04 sedan and I decided to try OEM ones first since they have been revised and are hopefully better and should be adequate for my needs. When I ordered them I called and was told that the fronts are different for the coupe, sedan, and the Z. They had both the coupe and sedan in stock and for no good reason I ordered the coupe end links. Does anyone know if I ordered the wrong part or if there is any difference at all and if so did I order the wrong ones?

I should have them in a few days and will update this thread with my results.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Aftermarket endlinks are the best way to go, but as for OEM endlinks, there is a difference between the years (03-04, 05-06, the 05-06 being beefier), but not between models... as far as I'm aware of.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:31 PM
That is what I thought but there are different part numbers for the 05 sedan vs 05 coupe and the coupe ones are 20 cents or so more. I ordered 05 coupe ones (I think I assumed they would be for a stiffer suspension) so hopefully they will fit. I will probably go with aftermarket in the future if I stiffen up the suspension but for right now I don't have it set to high. When everything was still working properly the ride was great. If I can get back to the way it rode the first 50 miles I will be very happy.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Old 06-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dont waste your money with factory endlinks, i was going to get revised, and i went wiht the power grids, you will NOT be dissapointed.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by GF-4D-G35
That is what I thought but there are different part numbers for the 05 sedan vs 05 coupe and the coupe ones are 20 cents or so more. I ordered 05 coupe ones (I think I assumed they would be for a stiffer suspension) so hopefully they will fit. I will probably go with aftermarket in the future if I stiffen up the suspension but for right now I don't have it set to high. When everything was still working properly the ride was great. If I can get back to the way it rode the first 50 miles I will be very happy.
Fitment should be the same.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks, I have read that thread but was hoping to get away with revised since I don't push the car that hard.

Originally Posted by CreativeDesignZ
dont waste your money with factory endlinks, i was going to get revised, and i went wiht the power grids, you will NOT be dissapointed.
I already ordered the factory parts so I will have to try them out. I am in a bit of a pinch and made a hasty decision. I will update this thread in a while and let you all know how they work out. Otherwise if the coupe end links don't fit I will post up a note right away.

Originally Posted by dofu
Fitment should be the same.
I hope so but can't imagine why they have different parts and prices. I am hoping that the coupes will fit better (less pre-load) with the revised Z suspension. If they had them in stock I would have tried out the Z end links instead since I think my current suspension is much more like a Zs.

Trending Topics

Old 06-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by GF-4D-G35
I already ordered the factory parts so I will have to try them out. I am in a bit of a pinch and made a hasty decision. I will update this thread in a while and let you all know how they work out. Otherwise if the coupe end links don't fit I will post up a note right away.
Should have posted up a WTB thread... I would have sold you my OEM 05s for much less than what you paid for the 2...

Old 06-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
Should have posted up a WTB thread... I would have sold you my OEM 05s for much less than what you paid for the 2...
To be honest it didn't even occur to me, but I appreciate the offer. I want to get them on the car by Thursday night, I have a little driving to do on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. From what I have read there was no real danger in driving the car with the broken end links but since I am going to be a long ways from home I thought it was worth the 80 bucks (including 2nd day air) to replace all 4 with some new ones even though they might only be marginally better.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^+1 on the PowerGrid endlinks....

Old 07-04-2008, 01:00 AM
So I got my new OEM end links today. I was not able to tell a difference, maybe they sent me the old version or perhaps there is not much of a difference. I think I am going to do a little test if someone will sell me their non-broken OEM end links for cheap.

I am running on the lowest setting right now and will give that a try for a few weeks to make sure everything is working well. Then, if I have some replacements on hand, I will keep cranking up the stiffness until they break. At that time I will put on another set of OEM end links at the lowest setting and order myself some aftermarket (PowerGrid?) end links.

Is anyone willing to help me with this experiment? It would be nice to know what a brand new set of end links can stand up to for us guys that try to mod on the cheap. My rear end links are still okay and I have brand new OEM ones to test on so I would only need some assistance with the fronts.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if they dont look different u didnt get revised endlinks

Old 07-04-2008, 02:15 AM
if they dont look different u didnt get revised endlinks
I was thinking that I would hear that. I ordered the 05 end links which I thought were revised. Please correct me if I am wrong on that. Otherwise I am going to be pretty unhappy with everythingg35.com. If they sent me the wrong items do you think they will take back parts that have already been installed?

Old 08-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Update:

I am not sure if I got the revised but regardless I replaced the fronts on 7/3 and have been driving noise free since. Keep in mind that I do not have my front sway set all that stiff and I am not really slammed.

The rears have finally broken down and are making too much racket. I will be replacing them soon, hopefully today if I can find a spare hour or two.

IMO unless you have it set really stiff or are slammed getting new OEM end links is not a bad idea but time will tell for me. If you have the ability to swap them out yourself then it really only takes an hour and it might be worth the risk given the extreme difference in cost.

If you have your sways set to stiff and are slammed it would probably be best to get PowerGrid or SPL links. Not only are you more likely to have the joints break down (using OEM) but taking preload off will help the suspension perform better as well.

If you want to make sure you get revised check out ebay. Riverside Infiniti has listings for OEM end links and they will make sure that you get revised ones instead of whatever is sitting around.