Relentless Autosports Strut Bar - (NOT VRT!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
500 bucks for that thing? 99% of the strut tower braces on the market for the G use two mounting points, and for good reason. It is a simple and proven brace design that is on dozens of other cars as well. Having to put a car on jackstands to install a strut brace that doesn't even fit right is ridiculous. I don't think GTspec manufactures this for Scott. Their bar is shown here. http://shop.edoperformance.com/gtspe...n-p-12280.html

But who knows. One thing is for certain, A strut tower brace install should never be a lengthy and complicated thing. If you are willing to drop that much on this bar that has fitment issues, it would be much better off to go w/ an NRG bar for less than half the price, or throw in some more cash for an ARC.

Sephiroth,

I hope that everything works out for you. You should probably contact them/(him) about returning the bar and getting your money back.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:56 PM
You should arrange to return the bar to him. Telling you to bend brackets and such AFTER selling you the item w/ no mention of it beforehand is ridiculous. Noone has said anything about their fitment problems because they probably don't want to admit that they shelled out 500 for a strut brace that doesn't even fit, but thats the first step to rectifying the situation! Hope everyone here gets their money back.

Originally Posted by viceversa
^yes, i have spoke with him on the phone several times and he only told me its probably my car and that i should try and bend the bracket down. Brought it to 2 shops, both said they wouldn't try to bend that bracket and a new one should be made. I just finished up writing him an email with these pictures giving more detail of the problem and the corrections that need to be made to the passenger side bracket. He said on the phone he will be able to send me new bracket once he sees the problem im having.

I spoke with another member on the forums who bought this bar years ago from Scott and said he had the same exact problem with the passenger side bracket and had to get a new one made for him. I'm just wondering why the hell did I not read anything about all of these problems before i forked over $500????

Old 03-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$500 for that bar with all the fitment issue is a joke... I feel bad for all of you that are having problems with this poor designed product...

Old 03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
Guys, I want to be perfectly clear:

The primary stink I'm making is the fact that I won't be able to enjoy this bar now -- I have to wait until late late May to install this. It's really not Scott's fault, it's just the way that my schedule works out, since I don't have my car all the time with me.

I'll say it again -- all the reviews about the performance with this bar have been positive; I have yet to find a negative one. The only "con" it has is installation -- each car is different. The fact that it doesn't fit on every car is most likely a testament to why it's better than your average NRG or GT-Spec strut tower bar [IMO, at least]. Those bars are built to lower tolerances so they can fit all cars easily [even then, people have hood rubbing issues, which is no different than the problem I had].

I just got off the phone with Scott -- he'll make me a new bracket that'll be about ~1/2" lower. He was very polite and very accommodating.

I've seen all the threads bashing Scott, and I do not want my post(s) to be used as part of the bashing. If I see this, I'll be sure to have the basher take it down immediately.

So there it is. I'm just a little impatient, that's all. I just have to wait.

Edit:
My apologies for bringing this slightly OT, but, djamps, I see you in here; RETURN MY PM'S ABOUT THE STILLEN ENGINE DAMPER; I have sent you payment, send me the damper!

Name:  djampssss22.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  90.9 KB

Last edited by xx7sephiroth7xx; 03-25-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:53 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Arc ftw

Old 03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
From my experience, for the absolute best fitment, putting a car on jacks is recommended but as far as MANDATORY just for it to work, that's debateable.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
The fact that it doesn't fit every car is a testament to the fact that its tolerances are off. RA's bar is the only bar in the history of strut brace manfuacturing which requires testing on the car post-sale and then new parts to be fabricated for it! (Even 3 out of 15 is 20% which is a pretty big percentage for parts not to bolt right on) If you believe that this is a good thing, and you are happy w/ getting a bar like that, then I totally respect your opinion and more power to you. However, I think that others should be well aware that this might happen BEFORE they purchase, not after. : )

Old 03-25-2009, 02:14 PM
It's unreal that the bar has fitment issues after waiting so long for it. It's time to dispute the credit card billings.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a week of vacation coming up that I'm going to have to either take or loose. I really didn't have anything planned but looks like I could spend the entire week trying to install the RA strut bar on my G35,... I like to solve puzzles.

I want to be prepared so from reading this thread I've made the following list of tools I will need:

1. RA strut bar ($500)
2. Car jack with four stands ($125)
3. Arc welder (to modify RA brackets) - rented at Lowes for $175/day
4. Laser sight level (to level out bar mounting points) - $50

Total = $850 parts and tools, not counting labor

If I missed any needed tools, let me know.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by threatcon07
The fact that it doesn't fit every car is a testament to the fact that its tolerances are off. RA's bar is the only bar in the history of strut brace manfuacturing which requires testing on the car post-sale and then new parts to be fabricated for it! (Even 3 out of 15 is 20% which is a pretty big percentage for parts not to bolt right on) If you believe that this is a good thing, and you are happy w/ getting a bar like that, then I totally respect your opinion and more power to you. However, I think that others should be well aware that this might happen BEFORE they purchase, not after. : )
^^^ I don’t think all 15 have been installed... I'm afraid we're gonna see more than 3 not fitting (based on what's been posted so far) - I hope to be wrong; these guys have waited a long time for this bar… I will say though – a few members in this thread were talking abut how great this bar is before it was even made I don’t know how that could be determined prior to using the thing

Old 03-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
^Because this bar was made before. Other people have this bar prior to this group buy!!! Known as the VRT strut bar, but Scott isnt with that company anymore so now it relentless!

But still $500 for a bar with this many problems is ridiculous i'm glad i just stuck with the richie bar!!!

Old 03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ I don’t think all 15 have been installed... I'm afraid we're gonna see more than 3 not fitting (based on what's been posted so far) - I hope to be wrong; these guys have waited a long time for this bar… I will say though – a few members in this thread were talking abut how great this bar is before it was even made I don’t know how that could be determined prior to using the thing
its was previously made and this is the second batch of them

the first one also had fitment problems according to some of the reviews

Old 03-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I’m fully aware that there were a few made previously – however, there were people posting recently as if they have used this bar before – I’m not going to stir up drama by quoting, but there are specific posts stating things like “bump for a great bar” and “this is an amazing bar”, etc… from people that I know never used the thing.

I never recommend or encourage a mod that I haven’t tried first hand - but it doesn’t surprise me... this forum is riddled with people posting info that they never had first hand experience in.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I’m fully aware that there were a few made previously – however, there were people posting recently as if they have used this bar before – I’m not going to stir up drama by quoting, but there are specific posts stating things like “bump for a great bar” and “this is an amazing bar”, etc… from people that I know never used the thing.

I never recommend or encourage a mod that I haven’t tried first hand - but it doesn’t surprise me... this forum is riddled with people posting info that they never had first hand experience in.
oh ok, i wasnt sure what you meant

but yes this forum is full of that, but i think most forums are full of that too though

Old 03-25-2009, 04:00 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ToastZ
I have a week of vacation coming up that I'm going to have to either take or loose. I really didn't have anything planned but looks like I could spend the entire week trying to install the RA strut bar on my G35,... I like to solve puzzles.

I want to be prepared so from reading this thread I've made the following list of tools I will need:

1. RA strut bar ($500)
2. Car jack with four stands ($125)
3. Arc welder (to modify RA brackets) - rented at Lowes for $175/day
4. Laser sight level (to level out bar mounting points) - $50

Total = $850 parts and tools, not counting labor

If I missed any needed tools, let me know.

LMFAO

I think you forgot Jackhammer

Originally Posted by threatcon07

I agree !!!

Last edited by XKR; 03-25-2009 at 04:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports Strut Bar - (NOT VRT!)