Relentless Autosports Strut Bar - (NOT VRT!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the makings of epic threads, many posts, website $$$$

1. We have drama?,... check.

2. We have popcorn?,... check.

3. We have movies?,....nope,...

Old 03-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Oh I didnt want one, i was just wondering how the reviews are for the 35 or the Z.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
I love mine... the difference is night and day, but I didn't have those crazy fitment issues either...

Last edited by dofu; 03-26-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:09 PM

I hope you guys get your bar fitment issues resolved. $500 for a ****ty product is unacceptable.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rcdash
That bar is sitting about 1/2 inch higher than my original "VRT" bar. My bar has about a 1 mm gap between the wiring over the timing cover. Your bar looks a good 1/2" above the wire loom.

I don't think this is a difference between cars Scott. This is lack of consistency in your manufacturing process.
Bingo!^^^^ Cars don't vary that much. If that argument were true, then every other strut bar on every single car(not only G35's) would have fitment issues. That is not logical.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-25-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
I love mine... the difference is night and day, and I didn't have those crazy fitment issues either...
Do you track your car ?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by ToastZ
Do you track your car ?
Not yet... I want to but never have time. I've planned track days and even paid for them but usually get stuck at work instead... We do have mountains everywhere here, and although I know it's bad, I'm up there a lot when I have time.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Not yet... I want to but never have time. I've planned track days and even paid for them but usually get stuck at work instead... We do have mountains everywhere here, and although I know it's bad, I'm up there a lot when I have time.
I hear you. I've never had my G35 on the track either. I had a strut bar on my G35 for 2 years after I bought it but took it off when I went FI in 2006,... never put it back on and honestly I could not tell the difference "with" vs. "without".

I'm not convinced strut bars are necessary at all for the daily driven cars,.... frequent track use I could definitely justify one since the car is put through hell on the track,... in fact a strut bar is only the beginning of the supsension mods if you really want to compete.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A strut brace should really be one of your last suspension mods after sway bars, coilover/shock/spring combo, and a good alignment for tracking. I'm pretty sure that taking high turn sweepers on the freeway isn't an accurate indication that your chassis is any stiffer w/ a new strut brace. On a car that doesn't see any track time this will pretty much be an aesthetic modification.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
You missed my point completely, which is fine. Regardless, whoever they sourced these from should not be in the manufacturing business in any capacity whatsoever!

The ones from this group buy were definitely made by someone else.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by threatcon07
A strut brace should really be one of your last suspension mods after sway bars, coilover/shock/spring combo, and a good alignment for tracking. I'm pretty sure that taking high turn sweepers on the freeway isn't an accurate indication that your chassis is any stiffer w/ a new strut brace. On a car that doesn't see any track time this will pretty much be an aesthetic modification.
Completely agree!!!! That's why I am struggling to figure out why so many did this $500 high dollar mod. Doesn't make sense to me

BTW, I bought HKS coilovers at the same time the Volks went on my car (dropped the car an inch) and I could definitely tell a difference with the coilovers installed vs. stock 6MT suspension Big difference, even with the stock sway bars.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i have the same gap as shown in the pics. What i will probably end up doing is dremmeling that part of the hood out so i can close it all the way. I agree with everyone that for the money we paid, it should fit just fine. I'm not selling my G i'm keeping it until it falls aprt so don't mind cutting the hood, but at the same time, i should not have to do that for the price it cost.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by G35sedan03
i have the same gap as shown in the pics. What i will probably end up doing is dremmeling that part of the hood out so i can close it all the way. I agree with everyone that for the money we paid, it should fit just fine. I'm not selling my G i'm keeping it until it falls aprt so don't mind cutting the hood, but at the same time, i should not have to do that for the price it cost.
OMG, please do not dremel the hood on your G35. That's against the law, modding law that is.

Call Scott@RA and GET YOUR MONEY BACK and keep/sale the strut bar just for the pain in the *** its been. This is ridiculous - Please don't saw up the hood on your car.

There are plenty of "customer comes first" vendors in this community that would never let a product issue rise to this level of pain for their customers.

Jack stands and dremel tools,... when does it ever end. I am sad.

Last edited by ToastZ; 03-25-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unless the hood you speak of is an aftermarket hood that is the source of the problem, you definitely should not dremel it especially if it is the RA bar's fault.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:54 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
OHHH LAWD ..... Riceville !!!!

I love mine... the difference is night and day, and I didn't have those crazy fitment issues either...
I dont get where you are coming from....Your STB was made by GT SPEC....a good company that knows how to make support bars. From what Redash has stated...the VRT version is around the same as the GT Spec version and the reason why there is no fitment issues. The OP is talking about the STB's that are now made by Scott/RA and ex-partner of VRT which in the pictures are poorly made...and the reason why people are now having major problems....

Last edited by XKR; 03-25-2009 at 11:02 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports Strut Bar - (NOT VRT!)