Compression Rods!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compression Rods!!!!

Just took my G into the dealership (not infiniti my warranty is up with them) and I took the service rep out with me and could only get a little creak out of it. I told him I could take him to a place where I here it every single time, but it would take about a half hour. Obviously he could not do that cause hes got to get back to work. Anyway they said they would do some research for a TSB for it, however they said they didn't find a TSB for it and resorted to lubricating my bushings. however, I just found a the TSB for it but it is for the 2003 G (I have 2004 I even printed them out the invoice that bythebay supplied us with to try and help them out. So my question is, are they just jerking my chain or is there really not a TSB out there yet and if I were to take it to my Infiniti dealership would they make me pay for it since if there is a TSB out for it. I called my Infiniti dealership to ask them about it immediately after leaving the shop, but I was talking to a guy who had only been there for a month. Could someone post a link or something to this it is really pissing me off for this is the second time I have had to go down there to try to get them to replace them. Thank you!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
feel your pain man.

I have loved my g35x for the year ive owned it. Its performance is amazing. However, it's very loud. My first problem was my compression rods. My dealership didn't even question it though. They just replaced them. Then I could hear the smaller noises. The door rattles in the front in back...the squeaking breaks, and the poor weatherstriping.

gl sorry i cant help you with the number though.