Stance Coilovers/ Intense Motorsports issue...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stance Coilovers/ Intense Motorsports issue...

So this has been my fight with Intense/Stance thus far.

I placed a order for a set of Stance GR+ Pro's on 10/3 and was informed they are in stock and would ship out shortly. I PM'ed Peter in the afternoon of Monday the 6th to ask for status as I had not seen tracking numbers or a Order number. I received a vague answer about how the order had been sent to stance and he would get back with me. I checked again Tuesday afternoon and got the same answer and finally got a answer back on Wednesday afternoon when I requested the order be canceled if the item had not shipped. Well I got my e-mail they had been delivered by Fedex on Friday the 10th so I figured no problem.

I went to pick up the coilovers from the front office of my apt complex and opened the box to check them out quick to only find out I had been shipped the Gr+ and not the GR+ Pro's. I called Peter and he informed me that he would have the "Helper" springs sent out ASAP. I went ahead and installed the coilovers that Friday and figured I would install the helper springs at a later time. I very impressed with the ride and the quality.

Called Peter the next Monday to say if they helper springs had not shipped to just refund me the difference and I was happy with the GR+. He said they already shipped and they actually shipped out that Tuesday but figure whatever and went on with life. Well Friday came back around and I figured I would install the helpers and they rear adjustment extenders. Pulled the rear suspension and entire rear interior out of my G35 pulled the struts and springs apart and went to installing. First think I saw was it did not really look like I could set the car as low as I wanted with the helper because there was not enough shock body but figured I would put them on anyways. Went to reinstall the struts with the extender and the extender just came apart. I was like what the heck this is brand new and went on with the other side.

I got everything back together just after sun down and tired to set the ride height with the helper springs. There was not enough thread to get the car any lower than my eibach sportlines. Figured what the heck if the car rides as smooth as Peter told me it would I could live with the ride height. THE CAR RODE LIKE TOTAL CRAP!!! It was way too bouncy and if I would have installed the +Pro's from day one I probably would have taken the entire setup off. Rather pissed off at this point I went home and came back first thing the next morning to take the helper springs off. Everything was fine again, rode great handled great.

I called Peter first thing Monday morning 21st to inform him what happened. He said send me a picture of the broken part and I will see what I can do about getting you a refund on the helper springs. Figured it would be the least they could do after sending the wrong part and a part that broke as soon as I went to install it.

Well here we stand just over a week later. Peter will not return my e-mails and when I have called the shop the phone just rings. I still don't have the new Adjuster that I have to pull my car apart once again to install. Is this the kind of customer service you provide?

I am happy with the coilovers. They ride great but I wish I would not have been up sold to the pro's a product I don't think they ever had any personal testing on besides its more expensive so it must work better.

I think its only fair at this point I get my new extender and a Refund of the $70-$100? Whatever the upgrade cost is to the Gr+ pro's and I will even pay to ship them back.

Update 10/28

After making this post they finally contacted me and informed me they would see what they can do about a refund on the helper springs and get a new extender send out by priority mail. I took this post down in good faith that they would do what they said..... I was wrong

Update 11/7

Stance nor Intense care to discuss the ride issue I had with the helper springs and pretty much refuse to talk about it. I guess their standard business practice is to up sell someone on the fact it is more expensive so it must be better. I guess if that is the way they want to conduct their business. But best of all..... I STILL DO NOT HAVE A REPLACMENT ADJUSTER!
All in all I am pretty happy with the coilovers just not the customer service. My recommendation....... Go to a different vendor they will match intense's price.

Last edited by cwylie; 11-07-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Well I just spoke spoke with Stance and they are sending me out a new adjuster no questions asked. Props to Stance. Issues with Intense still unresolved.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:44 PM
any photos of your car drop on these?

Old 11-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My friends and I, also many different folks also had problem with Stasince's customer service.
You see, it is not the vendor's fault. My case, my friend's case, and many others actually bought the coilover from different vendors. But how it worked was vendor receive the money and Stance ship out the product directly from their warehouse somewhere at Illinois.

I came from the 240sx/S-chassis background, and we all know Stance are known to have bad customer service. they shipped me the wrong stuff at first and I have to fight for it to get them to work with me in timely manner.
When other people ordered their coilover, it took Stance forever to ship it out. they will be lucky to get the right stuff from the first try.

Not to talk trash about them, but their product is pretty good for the price. For entry to medium level coilover, they are above par. Damping characteristic is one of the advantage they have versus other "JDM" coilover.

I'm happy with mine for over a year of track use. I would still recommend them, and I wish Stance would change the way they do business and improve their customer service

Old 12-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
man i can't stand bad customer service. thats why i chose thmotorsports to get my stance coils. i don't mean to jack your thread OP, but i have a question for u. when you got your coils did it come with any NUT bolts? and was there a fitment issue in the rear? im asking because me n my cousin had a hard time getting the coilover into the spot it was suppose to be bolted down to. and they did not supply any NUT bolts. the box said its for the Z but its suppose to be the same right? thanks...

Old 12-13-2009, 09:32 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Stance took care of me very well, I could not be more happy with my dealings.