squeaky brakes in bay area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2008 | 01:52 PM
|
squeaky brakes in bay area

Is there anyone in the bay area that has resolved the squeaky brakes issue on 03 Coupes? I know there are plenty of threads on this forum about how to fix it and what brakes can be used for replacements.

I had my brakes and rotors replaced about 6 months ago and they have been squeaking ever since. I had it done at a brake and tire place and have brought it back in like 4 times and just gave up since they werent able to fix it.

I was hoping that the squeaking would get better as the pads got more wear on them but it doesnt look like its happening. The brakes basically squeak every day but I sort of just ignore it since I am so used to it and just blast my stereo. At this point I am thinking of just getting rid of this car and getting a Mini Cooper but in order to sell my car, I would probably need to get the brakes fixed first.

So if anyone in the bay area knows of a place or knows someone that has had experience fixing this issue, please let me know.

Thanks
-Alex

Old 12-15-2008 | 02:44 PM
Did you replace with factory pads and shims, or go aftermarket? If aftermarket, you need to make sure that the shop installed shims and used plenty of brake lube/anti-squeal. Is the car a 5AT or a 6MT?

Old 12-15-2008 | 02:48 PM
|
i double posted this so here is the other thread.

https://g35driver.com/forums/norther...-bay-area.html