GT Spec Front tower strut bar//Install help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think because of the spacer, you have to replace the AC line metal retainer clamp with a longer bolt (M6x20) and 6 x 8mm washers. I think that's the only hurdle on this install. I saw the instructions from some website.

Is there anyone really done this kind of install before? I really like the GTspec front strut bars. I was just wondering, after installing the bar, do I have to re-align my ride?

Old 05-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Got Pics to help everyone to see...

Originally Posted by silverbulit
I think because of the spacer, you have to replace the AC line metal retainer clamp with a longer bolt (M6x20) and 6 x 8mm washers. I think that's the only hurdle on this install. I saw the instructions from some website.

Is there anyone really done this kind of install before? I really like the GTspec front strut bars. I was just wondering, after installing the bar, do I have to re-align my ride?
Hope this pics will aid everyone.

Attached Thumbnails GT Spec Front tower strut bar//Install help?-g35gtspecspacer1.jpg   GT Spec Front tower strut bar//Install help?-g35gtspecspacer.jpg   GT Spec Front tower strut bar//Install help?-g35gtspecspacer2.jpg  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by DrewTheSuit
10 minutes my @ss....hoses on the left side that needed to be moved first, pain in the **** a/c line clip that i struggled with on the right side, but was finally able to get the bracket on without having to disassemble my intake...of course, 5 of the 6 strut bolts came right off, but almost stripped the last one(that was after coating it in antiseize as well), sliced my hand open in that process too...finally after both brackets are on and i'm trying to install the bar i drop one of the nuts into my abyss of an engine bay, never hit the ground and i've tried backing out and pulling up 3 times to get it to fall, no luck...so both brackets are in but i will be making a trip to the local hardware store for a new nut that i'll probably have to take home and polish before installing the bar...that's just my luck, it could be raining pu$$y and i'm gonna get hit with a d!ck
LOL, sounds like one of my typical installs. Don't worry bro. Last month I almost broke my left hand changing out my brake pads, and I dropped a wrench socket into the compartment where the battery sits and have never been able to reach it since. Atleast you're not paying someone to do these easy a$$ instals for you

Old 05-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a question..to anyone running the gtspec front strut with the engine cover on and a 5/16 spacer will this fit without any rubbing issue?I don't want to take off my engine cover.I"ve read in a thread saying that it won't fit,but I email b2autodesigns and he told me it'll fit.so I want to here from anyone who is running this setup to see if it'll really fit..let me know guys..yes I've search and not found a thing on fitment regarding 5/16 spacer and engine cover..

Old 05-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Im not sure if GTSpec will clear that type of spacer. You might want to call that in to make sure before you buy it. You need to keep in mind that the factory Z tube will be a problem too. I need to replace my stock Z tube before I I install my GTspec F Strut Bar. Im going for looks, because I like the chrome finish of the Strut Bar of the GTspec. It will match with my Chrome Z tube that I bought online.

Yep, unfortunately the engine cover got to go, if your going to this type of install. Im planning to buy a used 350Z engine cover. I think theres a local dealership around my area selling 1 for $80-100. They also have the Nizmo cover and carbon fiber, but their expensive.

If you are really worry about the spacer and z tube clearance, go with Stillen. Stillen for sure will clear that problem.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:40 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blues
I have a question..to anyone running the gtspec front strut with the engine cover on and a 5/16 spacer will this fit without any rubbing issue?I don't want to take off my engine cover.I"ve read in a thread saying that it won't fit,but I email b2autodesigns and he told me it'll fit.so I want to here from anyone who is running this setup to see if it'll really fit..let me know guys..yes I've search and not found a thing on fitment regarding 5/16 spacer and engine cover..
it will fit. the Gt spec bar rises up and down, i also have a 5/16 spacer with cover.
only rubbing you will get but not an issue is the cover under the hood. slightly rubbs certain areas of the bar, but not a serious issue.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:44 PM
SIETESG

install and your done. also no longer bolts are required for install.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:46 PM
SIETESG

Hope this pics will aid everyone.

i dont understand whats your issue. just use some muscle and get all three holes on each stud.

I pushed back the ac lines as far as i could to get the strut bar in place then tightend all the bolts.

ac lines did bend a bit and my ac still works the same

Old 05-14-2009, 05:01 PM
thanks guy,but silverbuilt so you are saying it won't fit with the 5/16 spacer and engine cover?and lightsout you are saying it will fit?see this is what I was looking at I just want to be sure before I buy..I also email gtspec so hopefully they'll get back at me..I still prefer to hear from you guy who has it on there car just a clear answer,but thanks guy stll looking for an answer and more feedback..

Old 05-14-2009, 05:32 PM
SIETESG

Gt spec bar will fit

riverside infiniti in their strut bar fs thread have a pic of the bar with oem cover. it shows the clearance. but doesnt have the spacer.

remember the gt spec bar rises up and down to adjust for the spacer.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by DrewTheSuit
problem is i can't see it, and i don't have a telescoping magnet so i would have to drive to get one, and more than likely i will lose the nut in transit
Get a telescoping light with a LED in it There great!

Old 05-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Im not sure if GTSpec will clear that type of spacer. You might want to call that in to make sure before you buy it. You need to keep in mind that the factory Z tube will be a problem too. I need to replace my stock Z tube before I I install my GTspec F Strut Bar. Im going for looks, because I like the chrome finish of the Strut Bar of the GTspec. It will match with my Chrome Z tube that I bought online.

Yep, unfortunately the engine cover got to go, if your going to this type of install. Im planning to buy a used 350Z engine cover. I think theres a local dealership around my area selling 1 for $80-100. They also have the Nizmo cover and carbon fiber, but their expensive.

If you are really worry about the spacer and z tube clearance, go with Stillen. Stillen for sure will clear that problem.
What modifications need to be made for the GTSpec strut bar to fit if I have the z-tube? I do not have a spacer.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
What modifications need to be made for the GTSpec strut bar to fit if I have the z-tube? I do not have a spacer.
None. I have the GTSPEC strut bar with a Ztube and 5/16 spacer and it fits fine.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:23 AM
thanks for all the info guys..I'll be buying this in a few days..

Last edited by blues; 05-16-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Vrod-Mike
None. I have the GTSPEC strut bar with a Ztube and 5/16 spacer and it fits fine.
Thanks!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT Spec Front tower strut bar//Install help?