View Poll Results: What should I do
New Big Brakes
0%
Brake/Suspension Combo
60.00%
Just fix rear brakes and save money for future car that can fly and travel in time
40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Brake and Suspension Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake and Suspension Poll

I am needing new rear brakes so I decided to go ahead and get a big brake kit. Question is should I go all out and get a nice brake kit (Stoptech, Rotora, etc..) or should I go with the Akebono Kit and get KW suspension with SPC Camber kit. I have my mind pretty much made up I think (brake/ suspension combo) but hey maybe y'all can change my mind if you got a good argument with just brakes. I was planning on doing suspension next on the car but like I said brakes are getting close to the end. The last meet I went to my car did look like it had a life because every G/Z was lowered

Old 07-16-2009, 04:09 PM
I spoke with a shop earlier today and told them about what brakes I was thinking about going with. He told me that the G37 while they are bigger wouldn't perform any better then my oems on my 06 coupe. He told me to upgrade the fronts and just fix the rears and call it a day? Thoughts on this. I know most braking is done with the front so the rears are not that important but are the Akebono not even comparable at all to stoptech or another aftermarket one?

Old 07-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Big brakes on a non tracked G or Z is about as big a waste of money as you can get. Brake bling to show off does nothing for you except empty your wallet and give you less money to spend on the things you really should. These car's were delivered with exceptional brakes for the street, fix the rear and move on. Any shop that suggest's upgrade's other then pad's is lining their pocket at your expence.

I vote for a suspension only upgrade and fix the rear brakes.

What suspension to get depend's on what you want out of the car with the part's installed and your budget. Kw Variant 2 is a very good coilover, provided you keep them in the lower damping settings, going towards half stiff becomes less desireable, going higher then that should be avoided. Bilstein Pss10 is another good system, same deal, run them at full soft and no higher then 5 on the dial. HKS III is another good choice, but more costly.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Gsedan35
Big brakes on a non tracked G or Z is about as big a waste of money as you can get. Brake bling to show off does nothing for you except empty your wallet and give you less money to spend on the things you really should. These car's were delivered with exceptional brakes for the street, fix the rear and move on. Any shop that suggest's upgrade's other then pad's is lining their pocket at your expence.

I vote for a suspension only upgrade and fix the rear brakes.

What suspension to get depend's on what you want out of the car with the part's installed and your budget. Kw Variant 2 is a very good coilover, provided you keep them in the lower damping settings, going towards half stiff becomes less desireable, going higher then that should be avoided. Bilstein Pss10 is another good system, same deal, run them at full soft and no higher then 5 on the dial. HKS III is another good choice, but more costly.
Thanks for the input. I really do not plan to track my car much if any. I have been known to open it up on a long clear stretch of highway if there is no traffic but thats about it. I was originally was going with the V1 set up but thought about just going with V2.

There website says with the V1,
"The ideal systems for customers wishing to rely on the experience of our engineers yet determine their own degree of lowering. In extensive driving tests our engineers have set the dampers for the best balance between sporty driving, comfort and safety."

Think that will be good since I am not planning to track my car.