Phantom Cup Kit by Platinum VIP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
dam, some balling cup kits, if its still available when i get a vip project, ill hop on it

Old 03-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
any updates, i'm on the fence...

Old 03-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
any updates, i'm on the fence...
updates is that it cost a **** ton...

"The current promotion for front only setup is $2700 for front only and $3200 for front and rear. But since your coilovers does not allow you to do the rear, we have another package with our coilovers, which are $4100."

Old 03-05-2011, 04:51 PM
well, it say's they fit all types of normal coilovers, so w/other coils it'd just be the cup kit for $2700? not too bad compared to the Top Secret one.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Xet
well, it say's they fit all types of normal coilovers, so w/other coils it'd just be the cup kit for $2700? not too bad compared to the Top Secret one.
ya, definitely cheaper than top secret or roberta but at this price bags become another option for those prices.

I think they have to be true style coilovers, and even then I'm not 100% if their cup can fit everything

Old 03-05-2011, 05:22 PM
well, they only do fronts for our car so they'll be true type up there for sure.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Xet
well, they only do fronts for our car so they'll be true type up there for sure.
really? I got a different impression when I was talking to them. He offered me their coilover system with cup kits as you saw in my earlier quote.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
you poeple that order this kit have way to much extra money. this kit is fvkin stupid. such a waste of money. you are getting NOTHING special. compared to normal air ride. marketers are doing an awesome job of selling you guys **** i guess. and the fact that you guys pay so much for normal air ride kits is just as funny. all i have to say is DO SOME RESEARCH ON AIR RIDE. you have ALL payed WAY to much. sorry to break the bad news to you.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:23 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
^Care to elaborate Kenny? Not cool to make assertions like that without any facts or data to back it up.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Xet
Originally Posted by kennymo
you poeple that order this kit have way to much extra money. this kit is fvkin stupid. such a waste of money. you are getting NOTHING special. compared to normal air ride. marketers are doing an awesome job of selling you guys **** i guess. and the fact that you guys pay so much for normal air ride kits is just as funny. all i have to say is DO SOME RESEARCH ON AIR RIDE. you have ALL payed WAY to much. sorry to break the bad news to you.
And what evidence to you have to back up your statements? You are going to say that the ability to deflate a cup kit and ride on your coilovers is the exact same as just running a bag kit?

Old 03-05-2011, 08:31 PM
cup kit is used to get people that are already low on coils over speed bumps and into driveways. and thats pretty much it. normal air ride such as the UAS kit and the air zenith kit that strafe is selling can lay the car out, lift the car higher than the cup kit can, and go anywhere in height inbetween the 2. its also cheaper. and it can be used with stock struts OR COILOVERS.

thats my argument for why the cup kit is pointless. i can go into much more detail if you want.

now onto people paying way to much for normal kits...

if you look on sites that are air ride/suspension specific and look at there prices (for the exact same items) you will see that you can peice together your own kit for A LOT cheaper. and MOST of the time. the kits that i have seen being sold on here use no name chinese vavles. you can get much better qaulity (danz, smc, parker, etc) for cheaper. if people dont believe me that you can get the same parts for cheaper then let me know an EXACT quote of how much you paid for EVERYTHING other than the install. and i will post links to every peice you need to do the same thing on here and add up the price.

marcus im not trying to start an argument or anything and i might have came off kinda strong with my above post. but i feel like people need to be taught about air ride a little better on here before they go "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT CAR IT HAS AIR RIDE. OOOOOOHHHHH HOW MUCH THAT COST? 5 GRAND? OK ILL TAKE ONE"

Old 03-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Xet
And what evidence to you have to back up your statements? You are going to say that the ability to deflate a cup kit and ride on your coilovers is the exact same as just running a bag kit?
go with the UAS style kit and its even better than the "deflate a cup kit and ride on your coilovers" because it IS the exact same thing. for less than half the price

Old 03-05-2011, 08:35 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Its all good Kenny, I just wanted to you back up what you were saying versus making bold assertions. You clearly are knowledgeable about air ride suspensions, just was hoping you could share some of that knowledge/opinions with folks.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:39 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Are you able to ride around with the kit inflated? Or is it not recommended to drive around with air in the lines for the cup kit?

Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that with the cup kit, you are allowed to drive around on your true coilover set up, as previously stated. However, the cup kit only allows you to inflate your suspension, hence raising your car up to clear driveways and bumps. It doesn't allow you to "deflate" or dump your car to the ground, unless your coils are completely slammed.

But, I've heard it is not recommended to drive around with air in the lines / have your coilovers inflated while you are driving normally.

So in turn, you must drive around fully dumped all the time since you cannot inflate and drive normally with air in the lines.

Am I correct in this assumption or am I fully mistaken? I may add that I am not trying to bash or speak negatively about this product, I just want some clarification is all. I've met a representative from Phantom VIP out in Austin last summer during the Project 512 meet but I just wanted a bit more information on a set up like this is all.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:44 PM
ive never heard that before. riding around with air in the airline for the cup kit is the same thing as riding around in normal air ride with air in the line

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Phantom Cup Kit by Platinum VIP