Time to buy front camber arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 813G-WHiP
i don't like the way the SPL are constructed.. they remind me of the bull**** rear cambers i bought and didnt fit.. SPC worked for me so i think that will be my choice
are you saying you prefer the design and construction on the left to the ones on the right?... design, quality, functionality and adjust-ability all favor the SPL... even the V1 is better, but especially V2 (as shown)

SPC may be a decent cheaper alternative, and for that reason they are fine... but 350Evo and SPL are better choice (albeit more expensive).

Attached Thumbnails Time to buy front camber arms-spc_camber_kit.jpg   Time to buy front camber arms-splfuaz33_1.jpg   Time to buy front camber arms-splfuaz33_4.jpg  
Old 01-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Back to front upper a-arms, SPC's do cost more but there's not another set on the market that will give you that much adjust ability needed for our G35s when lowered. Buy the right a-arms or suffer with poor handling and tire wear, your choice! Have you noticed the price of quality tires....Ouch!
Gary
Tire wear yes, but handling? The car is going to handle better in the -2 to -3 range...

p.s. those spl arms are sexy

Last edited by HwyDrftr; 01-23-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
that could be a number of things... low-pro tires could cause that, lowed suspension... I'm not familiar with your car so I dont know what wheel/tire or suspension you are running...

have you already diagnosed the compression rod bushing as being bad? Is that why you are considering replacement? In any event, it can be fixed for about $50 - $60...
I have 350z Hotchkis springs, 350z shocks, and stock 17" wheels.

It's tough to diagnose the problem. I just figure I should replace them because the right side rod will not separate from the car. Replacing the bushing would be a good idea.

I wish it was WARM outside so I felt like working on my car!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Are the SPL above hard to adjust? The design looks good with the two longer bolts, but what about the set screws?

Old 01-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Thanks for moving this thread! A lot of information!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you saying you prefer the design and construction on the left to the ones on the right?... design, quality, functionality and adjust-ability all favor the SPL... even the V1 is better, but especially V2 (as shown)

SPC may be a decent cheaper alternative, and for that reason they are fine... but 350Evo and SPL are better choice (albeit more expensive).
the 2 parts in the back i do not like.. i had rear camber kits like that and they would fall out or place trying to put them in and they were just too wide..

Old 01-23-2010, 01:13 AM
the 2 parts in the back i do not like.. i had rear camber kits like that and they would fall out or place trying to put them in and they were just too wide..
are you talking about the joints on the inside mount? - once it's bolted in it's a none issue...

One of the nice things about the V2 (and the evo) is the camber can be changed easily with the shims (really only benefit is for track use to road use)...

Also the SPL has caster adjustment (I dont know of any other A-Arms that do)...

The SPL are really the most versatile and multi-adjustable A-Arms for this car.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by AARONHL
Are the SPL above hard to adjust? The design looks good with the two longer bolts, but what about the set screws?
they are easy to adjust - I've had them on the car for a few months (but no track yet) - no problems...

Old 01-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The spc has a caster adjustment also. And I don't think you should have to deal with shims when you adjust frequently. I don't plan to ever take my car to a track so I mean the spl is a great product I'm sure. But it's too much of a product. It's over kill like a turbo on a Honda you don't need bc it's not going to do what it's intended for. The spc in my eyes is perfect for my car and my intentions

Old 01-23-2010, 01:15 PM
The spc has a caster adjustment also. And I don't think you should have to deal with shims when you adjust frequently. I don't plan to ever take my car to a track so I mean the spl is a great product I'm sure. But it's too much of a product. It's over kill like a turbo on a Honda you don't need bc it's not going to do what it's intended for. The spc in my eyes is perfect for my car and my intentions
are you certain there is caster adjustment? Just by looking at the design I dont see adjust-ability for caster...

My mentions of SPL is not to convince someone to buy them (I've already stated SPC is a decent cheaper alternative)... I am clarifying the previous mentions of "best". They are by no means the best.

BTW, V1 dont use shims to adjust camber - you simply lengthen or shorten bolt... I like it much better then the plate style (on many other types)... the shims on V2 are very convenient though and no chance of loosening (like the slider plate style).

Old 01-23-2010, 07:42 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
are you certain there is caster adjustment? Just by looking at the design I dont see adjust-ability for caster...

My mentions of SPL is not to convince someone to buy them (I've already stated SPC is a decent cheaper alternative)... I am clarifying the previous mentions of "best". They are by no means the best.

BTW, V1 dont use shims to adjust camber - you simply lengthen or shorten bolt... I like it much better then the plate style (on many other types)... the shims on V2 are very convenient though and no chance of loosening (like the slider plate style).
There is caster adjustment in the SPC. It's via the adjuster nut/bolt. You have to take the whole thing apart and rotate the bolt. The SPL is obviously a better design. The quality is second to none and the caster is corrected at the frame of the car like it should be unlike the SPC. If i ever end up getting A-Arms i'll be getting the SPL's purely because they hold the quality of the 350EVOs at almost half the price.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
There is caster adjustment in the SPC. It's via the adjuster nut/bolt. You have to take the whole thing apart and rotate the bolt. The SPL is obviously a better design. The quality is second to none and the caster is corrected at the frame of the car like it should be unlike the SPC. If i ever end up getting A-Arms i'll be getting the SPL's purely because they hold the quality of the 350EVOs at almost half the price.
350Evo have actually come down in price a bunch! (last time I looked anyway) - if they were that price when I bought the SPL I would have went with them instead... and they are incredibly light!!!

Old 01-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Awesome info guys!!

Old 01-24-2010, 01:36 AM
How do you adjust caster on the SPL?

Old 01-24-2010, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by AARONHL
How do you adjust caster on the SPL?
the chassis mount joints... they can be lengthened or shortened to adjust fwd or back...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time to buy front camber arms