g35x seden suspension question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g35x seden suspension question.

Does any one knows if g35 seden and g35x are the same height of the ground? If not, what is the difference? I went for alignment at nissan and they told me that my car sits 1 1/2in higher then normal, I have 06 g35x. They also said that the rear of my car sits at 28 1/2 and it should be at 27in. I dont see it that its true, i think they are smoking something overthere. Any advice and isit posible?

Last edited by tolyD; 02-22-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:14 AM
bump.....

Old 02-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've never heard of a car sitting "higher" than normal unless someone raised it on purpose. Years ago kids used to jack up their mini-pickups to fit oversized tires. Did a previous owner do that to your car?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I thought the g35x did sit an inch or so taller than the regular G35. Let me go search and report back.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Bassman
I've never heard of a car sitting "higher" than normal unless someone raised it on purpose. Years ago kids used to jack up their mini-pickups to fit oversized tires. Did a previous owner do that to your car?
i doubt anyone did anything to it. i've checked it myslf and everthing is original and sits where its should be like the spring and all the components around it. The reason i took it in for alignment cause i had to change rear shocks and its very simple to do, other then that its all original and i am very sure that i have placed back where it should be. i just dont buy it what they have told me, i dont see how its even possible for a car to sit higer with original wheels, tires and parts.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by miltoda
I thought the g35x did sit an inch or so taller than the regular G35. Let me go search and report back.
thanks man thats what i was thinking. maybe they got their specs from a wrong model or sometrhing....

Old 02-22-2010, 11:55 AM
https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...de-height.html

Look at the service man if you have it for you car. I only have the coupe manual as that's all I could find for 'free' online. In it, it does call out vehicle ride height. I'm assuming the sedan one will do the same.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by miltoda
https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...de-height.html

Look at the service man if you have it for you car. I only have the coupe manual as that's all I could find for 'free' online. In it, it does call out vehicle ride height. I'm assuming the sedan one will do the same.
thanks, ill check that out later on today.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:15 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
tolyD, I know you're new here, but try searching first. There's a gigantic stickied thread relating to the AWD suspension in the Sedan section. It sounds to me like that Nissan mechanic doesn't know what he's talking about. If your car was an inch and a half higher than normal, you'd have some pretty serious alignment issues (positive camber). But you're not an inch and a half higher than normal.

I just measured my AWD and from the ground to the top of the wheel well measures 28". I have a stock suspension, but I do have slightly oversized tires (225/55-17), which if they were brand new would add about .4" to my height. But taking off the 7mm in wear, they're about .2" larger than stock, which would put the stock height at around 27.8", not the 27" the tech mentioned. That might be true for a RWD because it sits on springs that are about a half inch shorter than the AWD springs.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
tolyD, I know you're new here, but try searching first. There's a gigantic stickied thread relating to the AWD suspension in the Sedan section. It sounds to me like that Nissan mechanic doesn't know what he's talking about. If your car was an inch and a half higher than normal, you'd have some pretty serious alignment issues (positive camber). But you're not an inch and a half higher than normal.

I just measured my AWD and from the ground to the top of the wheel well measures 28". I have a stock suspension, but I do have slightly oversized tires (225/55-17), which if they were brand new would add about .4" to my height. But taking off the 7mm in wear, they're about .2" larger than stock, which would put the stock height at around 27.8", not the 27" the tech mentioned. That might be true for a RWD because it sits on springs that are about a half inch shorter than the AWD springs.
yeah i should have.., sorry. i do have new all 4 tires plus i remember when i brought my car in for alignment the car had empty tank and they didnt even chek that. i completley forgot to fill it up and i think thats additioal 160lbs or so.. When you meassured your car was it to the top of the wheels quarter panel that you had 28in????? thx for the help.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
From the ground to the highest exterior point on the wheel well arch was 28". I also had a nearly full tank of gas, so I don't know how much that would affect it (although the front was the same and that was definitely not affected by the full tank). But it doesn't really matter because I seriously doubt you're riding as high as the mechanic thinks you are (+1.5" over stock). Take a picture and post it here and I'm guessing it will look like every other stock AWD.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
From the ground to the highest exterior point on the wheel well arch was 28". I also had a nearly full tank of gas, so I don't know how much that would affect it (although the front was the same and that was definitely not affected by the full tank). But it doesn't really matter because I seriously doubt you're riding as high as the mechanic thinks you are (+1.5" over stock). Take a picture and post it here and I'm guessing it will look like every other stock AWD.
cool, thanks for all your help. my wife drives the car but ill try to pot some pics when i get a chance. I've measured it and like you said the car sits fine the way it should. i looked more in to it online and like you said its .5 or .6 in higher then rwd. Man these mechanics sometimes have no clue what they are talking about and can really mess up your day by telling you your car is all messed up when its not.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Straight from the service manual:

Wheelarch Height (Unladen*)
*: Fuel, engine coolant and lubricant are full. Spare tire, jack, hand tools and mats are in designated positions.

2006 Sedan RWD on Tire 215/55R17
Front (Hf)711 mm (27.99 in)
Rear (Hr)704 mm (27.72 in)

2006 Sedan RWD on Tire 235/45R18
714 mm (28.11 in)
705 mm (27.76 in)

2006 Sedan AWD 215/55R17
Front (Hf)709 mm (27.91 in)
Rear (Hr)694 mm (27.32 in)

Old 02-24-2010, 08:34 PM
^^^ doesn't that mean the AWD version sits lower, if only slightly. I really thought the AWD had a little more ground clearance.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
^^^ I was surprised as well. I copied and pasted that straight from the manual and double checked when I saw the specs. Maybe the springs are the same size, but the weight of the AWD causes it to sit just a bit lower.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35x seden suspension question.