Stiffer spings on coilovers / 12k - 10k feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2010 | 05:14 PM
|
Originally Posted by AidanP
I'm looking for the best handling with the least body roll. From what Glex has said, it seems like the 14/12 would be worthwhile. The Tein flex are 14/14, so I don't think that BC's with 14/12 are unduly stiff as compared to other performance oriented setups out there. Am I wrong?
yea but this thread is related to stiffer spring for aggressive setup not if the stiffer spring is for better handling....

not mad at u though...

Old 03-02-2010 | 05:18 PM
That's fair. Sorry guys, I was hoping to consolidate the threads rather than starting my own.

Old 03-02-2010 | 05:20 PM
damn johnny when did you cop the meisters?

Old 03-02-2010 | 09:22 PM
I went with 12/10 for my BCs. The handling isn't bad, but sucky roads are annoying. That's why I think if I went with higher spring rates, it would be unbearable. Every bump I'd say "ouch". Also, the ride seems stiffer when I'm sitting passenger in my own car. Anyone feel that way too, or is it just me? Haha.

Old 03-02-2010 | 11:14 PM
|
Originally Posted by DrewTheSuit
damn johnny when did you cop the meisters?
havent got them yet, was just test fitting them to see if i like them. debating between them and some AME Shallen WX.

Originally Posted by gqraverice
I went with 12/10 for my BCs. The handling isn't bad, but sucky roads are annoying. That's why I think if I went with higher spring rates, it would be unbearable. Every bump I'd say "ouch". Also, the ride seems stiffer when I'm sitting passenger in my own car. Anyone feel that way too, or is it just me? Haha.
Yea i dont want to say ouch every time i hit a bump so im going with the std setup.

Old 03-03-2010 | 04:49 PM
|
Darn! The BC's are out of stock till 3/17.

Now I'm debating if i want to pick up the used Function & Form set that is a 4 hr drive for me...

Old 03-03-2010 | 08:12 PM
Get what you want, the worst thing you could do is settle. I've learned the hard way many times lol.

Old 03-03-2010 | 09:56 PM
saw the ame's you are talking about...stick with the meisters

Old 03-03-2010 | 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Johnnyone
Trying to get my fitment from this

To this

Had to borrow your pic there Dre, hope you don't mind.

so if u want that then just get the normal bc's that come with 10/8

my front is set to full stiff and my rear is like 5 clicks away from full stiff and they never rub, front does rub

u know what thought? for the price that bc's are function and form 2's and stance lx+ would be a better choice, just because of how low they allow you to go in relation to bc's

but if you are really set on bc's ill be selling mine come summer time ish, havent put many miles nor track nor hard driving so there is an option

Old 03-04-2010 | 09:34 AM
|
Originally Posted by eurodre
so if u want that then just get the normal bc's that come with 10/8

my front is set to full stiff and my rear is like 5 clicks away from full stiff and they never rub, front does rub

u know what thought? for the price that bc's are function and form 2's and stance lx+ would be a better choice, just because of how low they allow you to go in relation to bc's

but if you are really set on bc's ill be selling mine come summer time ish, havent put many miles nor track nor hard driving so there is an option
Do you ever have a full car load, meaning ppl in the back seat? I have a Sedan and ofter have ppl in the back seat.

I considered Stance GR+, a lot of the 350z guys run them but decided on BC cause they were a lil more affordable. Never considered LX+. Good thing about the LX+ is they are prob the most comfy coilovers from their line up.

Appreciate the offer on the BC's but i gotta get something in the next couple of weeks.

Old 03-04-2010 | 09:36 AM
|
Originally Posted by DrewTheSuit
saw the ame's you are talking about...stick with the meisters
Detering from AME's cause the wheels are discontinued but i still think they would like sick rolling...

Old 03-04-2010 | 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Johnnyone
Do you ever have a full car load, meaning ppl in the back seat? I have a Sedan and ofter have ppl in the back seat.

I considered Stance GR+, a lot of the 350z guys run them but decided on BC cause they were a lil more affordable. Never considered LX+. Good thing about the LX+ is they are prob the most comfy coilovers from their line up.

Appreciate the offer on the BC's but i gotta get something in the next couple of weeks.
This might help, I was under the impression that BC's were the happy medium of track and comfort, some people even said that it feels better than OEM. Maybe I'm just not use to it... but crap, the 10/8 feels really stiff at 20 clicks from soft. This stiffness is probably what prevents the tire from rubbing. Maybe I'm just getting old and can't get use to lowered cars anymore. Then again, I do have a pretty low setting since the tires are tucked. Anyone else feel this way with their Stance or with Form&Function coils?

I think coils, comfy, and full car load, might not work out too well together.

Old 03-04-2010 | 11:16 AM
^^you got it exactly

you can't have a full load of people in your car AND be close to full stiff to prevent rubbing AND have it be a comfortable ride it just doesn't work like that

and trust me 10/8 on the bc's is pretty damn stiff and not really comfortable

i see this case too often, people want aggressive stances but are not willing to realize the things they have to sacrifice, in this case it will be comfort to a certain extent
either that or you do a lot of fender work and put more negative camber so it doesn't rub

Old 03-04-2010 | 11:41 AM
|
Originally Posted by Deezflip
This might help, I was under the impression that BC's were the happy medium of track and comfort, some people even said that it feels better than OEM. Maybe I'm just not use to it... but crap, the 10/8 feels really stiff at 20 clicks from soft. This stiffness is probably what prevents the tire from rubbing. Maybe I'm just getting old and can't get use to lowered cars anymore. Then again, I do have a pretty low setting since the tires are tucked. Anyone else feel this way with their Stance or with Form&Function coils?

I think coils, comfy, and full car load, might not work out too well together.
Thxs for the feedback on the BC's

Originally Posted by eurodre
^^you got it exactly

you can't have a full load of people in your car AND be close to full stiff to prevent rubbing AND have it be a comfortable ride it just doesn't work like that

and trust me 10/8 on the bc's is pretty damn stiff and not really comfortable

i see this case too often, people want aggressive stances but are not willing to realize the things they have to sacrifice, in this case it will be comfort to a certain extent
either that or you do a lot of fender work and put more negative camber so it doesn't rub
Yea we want too much but it helps to know what we are giving up to achieve the look we are going for.

Getting my fenders worked on tonight so I guess im gonna get the guy to pull and roll them as flat as he can.

Decisions decisions...

Old 03-04-2010 | 11:44 AM
^^yeah exactly and the reason i suggested the stance's and f&f was for how much lower than they can go over bc's so just giving you more options there but yah at the end of the day it's what you're comfortable with

hope the info was helpful and good luck with your decisions

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stiffer spings on coilovers / 12k - 10k feedback