Finally fixing my alignment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Finally fixing my alignment

My 06 g35 coupe has non-adjustable front A-arm which is causing camber problem right now..
Finally i decided to get this, SPC Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms, from Forged performance. For some reason, this website put up the price for this as $425 WITH FREE SHIPPING.. All other websites put up the price as around $499 without free shipping.. I'm feeling lil weird about forged performance.
Has anyone used this website? do they have fast shipping?

My current front wheels have -.9 camber.

thx

Last edited by whoisthis; 03-13-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
-0.9° front camber is only .1° off the upper limit for stock camber specs. You really don't need a camber kit. That is still mild camber and shouldn't effect tire wear much at all, and handling will be improved.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by brandon1978
-0.9° front camber is only .1° off the upper limit for stock camber specs. You really don't need a camber kit. That is still mild camber and shouldn't effect tire wear much at all, and handling will be improved.
i already lost my inner side of front treads... i run 20" rims so tires are kinda expensive..

Or is it ok if i JUST get the adjustable upper arm instead of adjustable upper arm+ adjustable caster?
It's like half of price if i just get the adjustable upper arm

Old 03-13-2010, 11:23 PM
SPC seems to be the brand strongly recommended by other people on this forum, and I think they only make the kit with adjustable camber and caster.

How long after you installed your current front tires did you have it aligned? What was the before and after front toe?

Old 03-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by brandon1978
SPC seems to be the brand strongly recommended by other people on this forum, and I think they only make the kit with adjustable camber and caster.

How long after you installed your current front tires did you have it aligned? What was the before and after front toe?
i checked the align but they couldn't fix it. I did not know what Actual, Before, and specified range mean on this alignment paper.

i'm thinking of Kinetix front adjustable upper arm and SPC performance rear camber kit that comes with toe bolts. OR, should i get Kinetic racing F camber& R camber/traction package? They are pretty much same price. But i don't get what camber/TRACTION is..http://www.advancespeedshop.com/perf...0-p-12310.html
http://www.importpartspro.com/kifradcoarni.html

what happens if i get front camber kit without caster adjustability??
Here's the link for the align paper: http://www.flickr.com/photos/46474393@N08/4430571327/

Last edited by whoisthis; 03-14-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:32 PM
No wonder you are having problems. They set the front to toe out (a negative number means out). Our cars eat up the inside of the tire with any toe out. The front toe is supposed to be between 0" and .08", preferably .08". You can download the entire service manual for you car here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/faq-diy...e-manuals.html

-5/32" on your right front is -.16" out!!!

I'd have the alignment done at a different shop, if they can't tell the difference between toe out and toe in. Plus that printout looks old school, probably an old machine.

I was wrong when I said SPC is the most recommended, its SPL for the front. Check out this thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...er-camber.html

"i don't get what camber/TRACTION is": That is just what they call their adjustable camber kit.

I still think your camber is acceptable. You can have the front tires removed from the rim and swapped side-to-side to get more miles out of them.

I hope this helps.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:06 PM
-5/32" on your right front is -.16" out!!!

I'd have the alignment done at a different shop, if they can't tell the difference between toe out and toe in. Plus that printout looks old school, probably an old machine.

I was wrong when I said SPC is the most recommended, its SPL for the front. Check out this thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...er-camber.html

"i don't get what camber/TRACTION is": That is just what they call their adjustable camber kit.

I still think your camber is acceptable. You can have the front tires removed from the rim and swapped side-to-side to get more miles out of them.

I hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

I just called in that place an asked if -.06" toe is right and they said it is. They said it's just wear and tear stuff. What new part for Toe wear and tear part should i get?? ALso is the rear toe adjustable or do i need the rear toe adjustable BOLT KIT?

Last edited by whoisthis; 03-14-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by whoisthis
I just called in that place an asked if -.06" toe is right and they said it is. They said it's just wear and tear stuff. What new part for Toe wear and tear part should i get?? ALso is the rear toe adjustable or do i need the rear toe adjustable BOLT KIT?
I'd find a reputable shop and get a second opinion. If the fronts are toe out, your tires are going to wear fast. Hopefully another shop can also make the toe match side to side. I take mine to a race shop, because I know they will take the time to do it right. Rear toe is adjustable to a point; the toe kit allows for a wider range of adjustment. Your pics don't show the final settings for rear toe. I've attached the alignment I got last month.

Attached Thumbnails Finally fixing my alignment-g35sedanalign.jpg  
Old 03-14-2010, 06:53 PM
your front caster is 7.7 and 8.3. Mine are 78 and 8.3. I read an article that different degreesof casters from left to right will cause a car to move to one side. Did you fix your caster degrees so that they are both the same?
i have 3 year free align fix at Discount tire center, so i went there.
If i were to buy JUST adjusttable camber arm then do you think it will fix the caster also?
or should i buy both adjustable camber and caster?

Old 03-14-2010, 07:22 PM
On a stock car the caster is not adjustable at all. Mine tracks straight, and I'm not too concerned about the difference. Adjusting camber shouldn't change the caster. You should read some of the other posts about aftermarket upper arms to see which one you should get.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:33 PM
i just ordered SPC front camber/caster kit for $399 at ImportAutoPerformace...
i hope they wiill fix my problem..

Old 03-15-2010, 12:16 AM
i checked the Factory Service Manuals but it doesn't tell me the factory spec for 20 inch rims..is it same as 19 inch?

Old 03-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by whoisthis
i checked the Factory Service Manuals but it doesn't tell me the factory spec for 20 inch rims..is it same as 19 inch?
Affirmative

Old 03-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my toe is -.20 total up front. should it be +.20 total to prevent wear?

Old 03-20-2010, 11:24 AM
i think so

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally fixing my alignment