Tein H-Tech springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 05:35 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 118 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by OKStateG35
Did you put them on for those pictures or is that stock height?
he said he was undecided ... but to me it looks like it is lowered already and i think if its not lowered and you do that with a +30 in the rear you will rub !!

Old 04-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by g35snoop
he said he was undecided ... but to me it looks like it is lowered already and i think if its not lowered and you do that with a +30 in the rear you will rub !!
That's what I was thinking.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:41 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by Extirpate
Not meaning to hijack the thread but since this subject pertains to my question I figured might as well go ahead and ask. If this isn't appropriate and should be in the tech area I apologize and I'll move it ova

I've been doing some research on these, more specifically the 350z Htech springs for my 2006 6MT sedan, and I'm still a little confused. From what I've read you can simply put these springs on the car and achieve the drop you want but it'll mess with the camber settings and give uneven tire wear right? I've seen people say that you don't need to put stuff like camber arms and toe bolts on but it'll help in the long run?

Essentially my question is what all would you need to get to help eliminate/minimize the effects of the springs on the tires? Just front and rear camber arms and toe bolts or is there something else I'm missing?

you will need to get aftermarket camber kits SPC etc.. what ever the 350z h techs are you add +1'' to that no matter what ... you will be around -3* rear and -2* front cause I'm on 350z s techs and those are my camber numbers as we speak .. the min you get this done with that much of a drop go right down to get an alignment cause you TOE CASTER AND CAMBER will be all out of wack like mine was .. with the factory settings of camber front and rear i was able to get my TOE AND CASTER in sedan spec but not my camber

Last edited by SN00P; 04-19-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:45 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
That's what I was thinking.
Originally Posted by SILVERAZG35
Those of you with the H-techs, did you think that the drop was true to spec??? I am undecided if I want to put the rear springs on. It looks like they will rub bad if I put them on and I only have a little less than 1" gap in the rear now. A little less than two fingers. I have new 235/45/18 tires on 18 X 8 coupe rims with 30mm offset.
can you take some other pictures ... like before with all stock springs and now the way it is from the side

do you have the h-techs on the front as we speak ??

Old 04-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
can you take some other pictures ... like before with all stock springs and now the way it is from the side

They are not on the car yet....The FedEx tracker has them scheduled to arrive Tomorrow and I will have them put on Thursday. I will probably not do the rears though because I am pretty confident that it will rub by the looks of it. I really don't want to deal with rolling the fenders or having issues going over speed bumps.....we will see though 2 days is a long time for me to change my mind

Old 04-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the coupe H techs with full coupe suspension the ride is not bad but at all. I have my fenders rolled and I also did the spring mount mod camber kit is a must. im hoping here in a few months i will be on BC coils

Old 04-20-2010, 08:55 AM
They are not on the car yet....The FedEx tracker has them scheduled to arrive Tomorrow and I will have them put on Thursday. I will probably not do the rears though because I am pretty confident that it will rub by the looks of it. I really don't want to deal with rolling the fenders or having issues going over speed bumps.....we will see though 2 days is a long time for me to change my mind
So what springs do you have on in those pictures? Looks way too low to be stock.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:19 AM
So what springs do you have on in those pictures? Looks way too low to be stock.
it is my stock springs although my sub box is pretty heavy, but it sounds great.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:02 AM
it is my stock springs although my sub box is pretty heavy, but it sounds great.
Ahh, that makes more sense then. Yeah, if you are going to keep that sub box in there you would be sagging in the rear if you put on the H-Techs.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Playa24_7
You seriously can't have more than one person in your car? Somethings gotta be wrong, because it's not even a big drop at all with the H-Techs. I've had them on for 8 months and I have my car full of people all the time. I drive my car a lot for work as well and I've never had any problems at all, and it's never been bouncy. Maybe I got lucky but I doubt it.
cant have more then one person in the back..the ride is great...but id prefer stiffer in the rear which the H techs r softer then stock(in the rear)..the fronts are awsome so i want to jus get the sport coupe springs and struts for the rear to stiffin it up and give it a slight drop over stock..i got the stock 17s and have no issues of rubbing at all and my camber is off soo little its not really notible..it appears the rear is worse

Old 04-20-2010, 09:57 PM
you will need to get aftermarket camber kits SPC etc.. what ever the 350z h techs are you add +1'' to that no matter what ... you will be around -3* rear and -2* front cause I'm on 350z s techs and those are my camber numbers as we speak .. the min you get this done with that much of a drop go right down to get an alignment cause you TOE CASTER AND CAMBER will be all out of wack like mine was .. with the factory settings of camber front and rear i was able to get my TOE AND CASTER in sedan spec but not my camber
id wait a week or two cause if you go and get it done right away the cars going to settle (lower a little more) and your going to have to go and get it done again..if you get it for free then go for it but if not... ur not going to want to pay for a 4 wheel alignment twice i paid $90

Old 04-20-2010, 10:26 PM

Here are some pics before....I will post pics on Thursday when the springs are put on. 1st pic is the front wheel

Attached Thumbnails Tein H-Tech springs-p1080471.jpg   Tein H-Tech springs-p1080473.jpg   Tein H-Tech springs-p1080474.jpg  
Old 04-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkvl127
cant have more then one person in the back..the ride is great...but id prefer stiffer in the rear which the H techs r softer then stock(in the rear)..the fronts are awsome so i want to jus get the sport coupe springs and struts for the rear to stiffin it up and give it a slight drop over stock..i got the stock 17s and have no issues of rubbing at all and my camber is off soo little its not really notible..it appears the rear is worse
Do you have an AWD or RWD sedan?

Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Playa24_7
Do you have an AWD or RWD sedan?
awd

Old 04-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Had my H-Techs put on the front and am glad I did not put the rears on. It definitely leveled the car off better. I will try to take pics and pot tomorrow.... Anyone interested in buying my H-Tech rear springs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tein H-Tech springs