Brake Pad Recommendation...Please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
Brake Pad Recommendation...Please.

currently run Endless Vita Nuova with Stoptech cross-drilled rotors. front Stoptechs are warped and I am going to replace them all with the Stillen/DBA 4000 series rotors, but need a really good street pad to go with them. I would go with the Vita Nuova again, but they no longer make them.

the replacement Street Sports Series from Endless are way too expensive at $150 to $200 for each front or rear pair.

I am looking for a street use only pad that has no noise, virtually no dust, excellent bite from cold start and reasonable cost like the Vita Nuova.

any recommendations are appreciated. thanks in advance.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:48 AM
Judging from your list of exotic tuner brand brake parts you may not like my suggestion, but here it goes: Wagner Thermoquiet pads. It's very inexpensive from Rock Auto and works quite well in my fiance's Lexus ES330. They bite great first thing during a cold winter morning and can take a thrashing every once in a while. Dust is virtually undetectable even if you go a couple months without cleaning wheels. Oh, and no noise! It was a surprising find for me.

Last edited by VQdriver; 06-18-2010 at 02:50 AM. Reason: boredom
Old 06-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by VQdriver
Judging from your list of exotic tuner brand brake parts you may not like my suggestion, but here it goes: Wagner Thermoquiet pads. It's very inexpensive from Rock Auto and works quite well in my fiance's Lexus ES330. They bite great first thing during a cold winter morning and can take a thrashing every once in a while. Dust is virtually undetectable even if you go a couple months without cleaning wheels. Oh, and no noise! It was a surprising find for me.
exotic...funny. I do spend too much money on this car, but I also do not have any kids. this is my baby and I want to treat her right, but I am also looking for high value/high quality parts. money is a little tight this year...no bonus at work.

thanks for the suggestion. I will google these for more info.

only one response!?!? anybody else?

Old 06-18-2010, 03:26 PM
what about the OEM 05-08 pads? I forget how they performed. could anyone please chime in.

thanks.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get the hawk performance pads!!! very quiet and very little brake dust. on my second pair and so far way better than the brembo pads

Old 06-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by bag35
get the hawk performance pads!!! very quiet and very little brake dust. on my second pair and so far way better than the brembo pads
a lot of mixed reviews on the Hawk pads. which ones you talking about...HPS...Performance Ceramic...HP?

Old 06-18-2010, 09:32 PM
wagner

jus put some wagners from advance auto,good bite , lil to none dust, and haven't made a noise yet going on 2 months, oh these are on my rear brakes i think they werte like 40something a set

Old 06-19-2010, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by DRG35R
a lot of mixed reviews on the Hawk pads. which ones you talking about...HPS...Performance Ceramic...HP?
Lol I've been doing a lot "on the cheap." If you look through my old posts concerning brakes I did all 4 corners on my G coupe with 88 rotors slotted rotors (sprayed black), SS lines, Axxis ULT pads, and new fluid for under $380. I prefer to have my brakes on the grabby side. I would stay away from Hawks in general. Too many say they have poor initial bite. I love Axxis ULT pads for daily use. They dust a little less than oem. It might be too much dust for you.

Usually a lot of initial bite equates to more dust so you have to compromise. I was pleasantly surprised with the ceramic Wagner Thermoquiets. Don't know what was on the Lexus ES beforehand since we got it used, but these new pads bite nicely and almost NO visible dust.

As far as '05 oem pads are concerned, I believe they gripped nicely and would use them again if they were cheaper than the ULT pads. They did produce a lot of dust though.

I believe my next pad will be Stoptech street performance. I have read on Subaru forums they have even more bite than the ULT, similar price, but they do make moderate dusting however. You can't go wrong with any of these pads: Wagner Thermoquiet (ideal in your case) , Axxis/PBR ULT, Stoptech street performance (most aggressive/dust). Good luck and let us know what you choose and how it works for you.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Might I add that the Wagner Thermoquiets have been on her car for over a year now and still provide high bite, luxury feel, no noise and dust. If you DIY remember to use plenty of brake grease on the backing of the pads and on the caliper sliders.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:44 AM
ok, I am considering the Wagner ThermoQuiet, Akebono ProAct Ceramic and Satisfied Pro VS Ceramic. after many searches and threads read, the Hawks are not being considered. seems they tend to be more noisy and dusty then advertised. sure a lot of that has to do with proper bedding.

besides the Wagner's, anyone have any experience with the Akebono or Satisfied?

any other suggestions...anyone?

Old 06-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
We sell the Akebono brake pads and have them on a couple of out own personal Vehicles. On my co workers '97 M3 we did Brembo's all around with the Akebono's and he loves them. No break dust good bite and all around very pleased with them.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
what about the OEM 05-08 pads? I forget how they performed. could anyone please chime in.

thanks.
I am returning to OEM pads after using EBC "Green Stuff" and Hawk HPS pads. Both aftermarket pads performed very well in the dry heat, HPS SUCKED DONKEY ***** in the cold wet.

My OEM pads NEVER gave me a minutes trouble and very little dust.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I am returning to OEM pads after using EBC "Green Stuff" and Hawk HPS pads. Both aftermarket pads performed very well in the dry heat, HPS SUCKED DONKEY ***** in the cold wet.

My OEM pads NEVER gave me a minutes trouble and very little dust.
do you know if OEM changed formulation from 05-08 or are they all the same? I know they changed from 04 to 05 as 03-04's dusted like crazy.

my early 03 sedan was a mess and I swapped to the Endless Vita Nuova. when I got my 05 coupe I swapped pads to Endless immediately so I don't know how the OEM 05 pads performed.

I will miss my Endless pads.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
No, I don't know if there has been further changes. I do know that in 05' Infiniti made the change on the Sedans to the larger brakes from the M35. They are the same pads. In fact my box from EBC was marked M35.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:16 AM
do you know if OEM changed formulation from 05-08 or are they all the same? I know they changed from 04 to 05 as 03-04's dusted like crazy.

my early 03 sedan was a mess and I swapped to the Endless Vita Nuova. when I got my 05 coupe I swapped pads to Endless immediately so I don't know how the OEM 05 pads performed.

I will miss my Endless pads.
I wouldn't sweat it too much at this point. The '05 pads grabbed nicely with a little dust. Otherwise it's Thermoquiet pads by Wagner ftw. They might even still have a rebate if you get them online.

Splurge on stainless steel braided teflon lines if you don't already have them and have a true rotor surface with either new or turned rotors. Please followup with your experience.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brake Pad Recommendation...Please.