06 Infiniti G35 M6 vdc, slip and abs light on as well as the abs pump!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 06 Infiniti G35 M6 vdc, slip and abs light on as well as the abs pump!!

Hey guys, i drive a 06 g35 coupe manual six speed. I recently dropped the suspension this winter. 1.9 in the front and 1.4 in the rear. Took the car out for a spin and noticed the vdc and slip light popped up as soon as i hit about 80kph. I shut the car off and restarted it and the lights would be off till i take it over 80 again. I had a 3D alignment done and seems like none of the lights come on anymore rides straight. im guessing it had something to do with the steering angle sensor also known as the yawn sensor.

Now heres the deal, yesterday which is a week after i got the alignment done to the car. Im driving down the on ramp at about 60 kph and the whole dash lit up like a Christmas tree! The VDC, SLIP & the ABS light came on this time. Now for the best part, i lower the radio down and all i hear in the wine from the ABS pump. I pulled over and turned the car off expecting the pump to stop functioning and it kept going! Im in the car saying wtfff, last resort i pulled around rushed back home to go disconnect the battery in turn to kill the pump before it burns the whole ABS system.

I`ve got the car in my garage now.... i hooked up the battery again. The pump doesnt come on but as i start the car those 3 abs,slip and vdc lights are still on.

Anyone have any idea wtf is up!! its stressing the hell out of me! Alot of people say it could be soo many things. The brake fluid is topped off, the rotors and pads are new. The car drives straight as an arrow, just a bit of negative camber, not much. The psi in the tires are all at 35psi. Im leaning towards a speed sensor.. one of the 4. Some people say it could be the brake stop switch attached to the brake pedal that is acting up. I checked the fuse box for the abs system and they all seem fine.

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks a bunch!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:58 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
just wondering if you fingured out what it was? I'm still having the issue with the all three lights on everytime I drive.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah any news on this. I just Experienced the same thing with mine. ???

Old 07-14-2011, 03:25 AM
Premier Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
dunno if u guys ever figured it out, but mine was fixed under warranty. it was a bad brake stop switch that went bad.. i hard braked a couple nights before and the abs went off.. then the following day the pedal went bad..

Old 03-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Hey Guys i just got the ABS Slip Vcd Off Lights and also My brakes lights will not come on when i step on the brakes so i 've replaced the brake pads because the rotors are in perfect conditions and drove the caar and the light still there the brake fluid is right belos the max line so its good i had it check by a really good mecanic and he couldnt figured it out he check the abs sensors and they are working perfectly and this are the erros codes i get C1116 - Stop Lamp circuit
C1142 ABS PRESSURE SENSOR
so i made an ap wiht the dealer on friday so hopefully it gets fixed but if anyone know the solution for this lplease let me know i like to work on my car my self and i dont like taking it to mechanic shops lol i fell like i cant trust them

Old 09-09-2012, 01:49 PM
ABS Sensor Lights On

Did u check out the spacing of the ABS speed sensors? The same thing happened with mine after installing SPC upper control arms and shim kit which pushed the central ABS ECU out further so the air gap need to be adjusted accordingly so that the "range" btween the ECU and the speed sensor is to spec. I had to just trial and error everything with diff amts. of washers and take off the factory rubber washer off to reduce the air gap. I chose not to use the ABS sensor retaining bolts included in the kit cuz the first time the head of the bolt broke completely off (both of them) and its not really metal. Its some type of composite metal. Very Low quality for such a company but they sent replacements but didnt want to chance it again so I just used some other bolts with same specs but made sure they were grade 8. Afetr to that u just drive it a bit "around the block" until the sensors read each other again and the lights will go off.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:16 AM
hey i got it fixed a while ago the only thing wrong wiht it was the crake switch stoped working

Old 01-30-2013, 12:41 AM
okay, my 2007 has been to the dealer 3 times for the slip, vdc and abs lights coming on. Have replaced brakes, tires and rotors so I'll rule those issues out. The first dx for the lights on issue was low brake fluid and battery. 3 months later they reappeared. I took it back to the dealer in early Jan 2013, and they said they had a batch of bad batteries and replaced same free of charge. 2 days later the lights came back on so I called the dealers service director and gave him an earful. They took it back and kept it for 7 days while I drove a loaner G37 type S. I would call every other day and they were still trying to dx the problem as they hadnt had the light issue come on but only one time and they reset the computer and it went away. Nonetheless, when I picked the car up, the car was on E and they had already prepared a quote for abs pump and labor for a whopping $2500 plus tax. Tonight, omw home, I had to brake hard unexpectedly and the lights came back on after I got home and subsequently left to gas it up. The abs pump then stayed on after the car was off so I called the dealer as it was 7 minutes left until the svc dept closed. The svc tech said "well I guess we know its the abs pump, when do you want to bring it in?" Interestingly, as I was about to disconnect the battery cable to cut off the abs pump, I noticed it had turned off by itself. (the abs pump staying on is what initially killed the battery 3 mos ago and I had to have it towed to the dealer.) I really think the dealer is full of hot air and dont feel confident that this will resolve the issue as the issue seems intermittent. By the way, I've been driving Infiniti's for 20 yrs and never had bs problems like this as well as other crazy issues like both seat motors and main computer going out. Seat motors were $2600 each and the main computer was $3100. Luckily those issues were replaced under warranty and now I feel like the dealer is getting their revenge on this abs issue by raping me for over $2500. Heck my old j30t had 198K miles and was still a strong car, never had issues requiring the dealer and it sold in 20 minutes on Craigslist. I only bought this model as my mother was dying of cancer at the time and didnt want any car breakdowns during the crisis. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS on the abs, vdc and slip lights on and what it might be? Is it dangerous?

Last edited by Delbert Trevino; 01-30-2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: typos
Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey whats up, im nowhere near a pro or have enough experience to know exactly what might be causing the lights to come on, but i recently had the same issue. The VDC/Slip/brake light came on. I went to go get my oilchange (500miles early) and an alignment. What the mechanic found was that the bushings on the Lower Control Arm and 2 Inner Tie rod ends needed to be replaced. I ended up replacing those parts Plus the ball joints on the compression rod + another alignment n it seems to have done the trick. The light are off now. Not sure if itll b the same for you, but it wouldnt hurt to have it checked. The checkup was free for me since i have lifetime aligent service. Best of luck man

Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM
hey i went threw hell wiht mine ok this is what you need to look out for and try this the soonest the lights come on, have your wife or kids step on the brake pedal and go behind the car to see if the stop lights some on, if they dont then you will have to replace the brake switch, that is arround 2xx.00 dollars that will be the main problem for your lights to come on, if that is not the problem well you will have to replace all of the abs sensors or figure out what sensor is going bad i have a snap-on computer scanner that usually the delaers have that will read everycode starting form abs service engine soon check engine light, and i was able to scan mine and found two problems, 1 was the brake switch and 2nd was the abs but replacing the brake switch solve the problem.