Do I Need a Rear Lock Out Kit with Ichiba?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I Need a Rear Lock Out Kit with Ichiba?

OK, So I have installed the Ichiba rear camber arms along with the toe bolts that came in the package. I had my alignment done about 2 weeks after dropping it (Tein G35 S-techs/Tokcio HP Blues). The rear drivers side is now seriously cambered in while the passenger side still looks pretty good.

I did some searching and noticed some people mentioning the SPL Rear Camber Lock Out Kit/Plate and was wondering if anyone thought this was something I need? Is it the same bolts that came with the ichiba arms?

So I'm wondering if A) I need this kit, B) TiresPlus didn't tighten everything down correctly, C)Something else f'd-up, or D) I'm a cheap a$$ for buying the ichiba arms?

Thoughts anyone?

Old 05-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tri-GunSlingEr
OK, So I have installed the Ichiba rear camber arms along with the toe bolts that came in the package. I had my alignment done about 2 weeks after dropping it (Tein G35 S-techs/Tokcio HP Blues). The rear drivers side is now seriously cambered in while the passenger side still looks pretty good.

I did some searching and noticed some people mentioning the SPL Rear Camber Lock Out Kit/Plate and was wondering if anyone thought this was something I need? Is it the same bolts that came with the ichiba arms?

So I'm wondering if A) I need this kit, B) TiresPlus didn't tighten everything down correctly, C)Something else f'd-up, or D) I'm a cheap a$$ for buying the ichiba arms?

Thoughts anyone?

BTW- Its been about 6 weeks since the alignment and I do hit some corners hard

Old 05-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
pictures would help a little. having a hard time imagining... see if you could get some pics taken of the underside as well as side shot. It should help us get you some answers

Old 05-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm thinking it's B through D.

From what I know Ichibas don't offer a whole ton of positive adjustment as compared to the other products on the market, but it shouldn't be THAT bad.

I've never heard anybody that had to buy a camber lock out kit with my brief experience. I'd probably go take it somewhere else.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:09 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
The Ichiba front arms do not offer any more positive camber adjustment than OEM. The rears however offer a ton, I think up to 3 degrees.

However read what I posted earlier in another thread.

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I have only had a couple of Ichiba products on my car. I have 15 mm spacers from them and they seem to be good quality, the nuts are a little soft and easy to round off though. The RCAs do suck as a number of members on here have had the same issue that I had. They are supposed to be re-branded SPC arms, but I have never heard of anyone that has this issue with the SPC arms. Also the Ichiba rear toe bolts are cheap as **** and will strip on you quickly. Holding up an SPC and Ichiba TB side by side you can visually see the difference. Here are a couple of threads for you guys to read.

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...ghlight=ichiba

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...ghlight=ichiba

This was out of one of those threads.

Originally Posted by djamps

Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to try the SPC bolts since they are not too expensive and it needs to be realigned anyway.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to try the SPC bolts since they are not too expensive and it needs to be realigned anyway.

I'll post results after talking to the alignment peeps.