Fed up! Cannot get an even ride height with BC coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Fed up! Cannot get an even ride height with BC coilovers

Hey guys, I've got BC BR coilovers...and I can NOT seem to get an even ride height. I've tried two separate sets of springs, and i made sure they were dead even to the mm.

Right now, i've got a 12k 230mm spring, both set as low as they can go, and the passenger's side is almost a half an inch higher than the drivers. Is the drivers side heavier by any means? I couldn't imagine so, unless the steering wheel, the pedals and drivers seat are that much more heavy than the passengers side. (and the passengers side has the gas tank too!). I tried it with the 8k spring, but it was just too low.

It probably looks even lower when I'm in the car due to an extra 200 lbs on the drivers side.

If anyone has any insight, please let me know. I know they are installed correctly, and both very even. I am at a loss of how to get this damn car to ride evenly.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Received 309 Likes on 210 Posts
I don't see what the problem is. First, you don't set your height based off number of threads showing or maxing the coils out - its so rare for it to be even by simply maxing them out. you set them by measuring your fender to ground height. that's it.

my custom stance gr+ pro with swift springs aren't that way - the driver side has a few more threads showing even though both fender heights are identical, and I know Marcus/candlestick park who has BCs as well has one aide maxed out, and the other about an inch of thread showing - it's just the way they're built in addition to the way the car sits.

The following users liked this post:
alxmlr789 (03-19-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DrewDrew
I don't see what the problem is. First, you don't set your height based off number of threads showing or maxing the coils out - its so rare for it to be even by simply maxing them out. you set them by measuring your fender to ground height. that's it.

my custom stance gr+ pro with swift springs aren't that way - the driver side has a few more threads showing even though both fender heights are identical, and I know Marcus/candlestick park who has BCs as well has one aide maxed out, and the other about an inch of thread showing - it's just the way they're built in addition to the way the car sits.
This is interesting to me. I just would think i would be able to get them even, considering the passengers side is also maxed out, but i want it to go lower. I guess i might be taking the top ring mount out.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my car is on KWs one side is maxed out in the rear, the other has 3 turns. they measure even fender to ground.

edit: its just the way the cars are, i dont think with the stock springs and all the wheel well gap its as easy to notice. when you start closing the gap it becomes obvious