G35 slip overly sensitive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Your VDC is acting up because of two reasons, totally mismatched tires with a UTQG in the 600+ neighborhood (compound too hard) or your tires are bald and lack grip....Gary
just bought the car, it has new rears and the fronts are at least at 50%

As for the brand of tire and how hard they are, that I cant be sure of. Iv never driven with tires that were different in the rear and front. Iv hoenstly only driven on Hankook ventus V12s...and the over priced Potenzas the dealership had on the z when i first bought it

From my last post am I painting a good picture of how touchy the slip is being?

If the tires were near 0% I could justify the slip but they arent. The other reasons seem like a stretch but believable. I would still say the slip of the G is WAY to sensitive if your explainations are reasons why. Just to be clear though, Im not saying your wrong at all.

I mean soon enough Ill be getting springs, camber and toe rods, and an alignment so Ill see if it changes any after that.

Last edited by Zerafian; 02-01-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
It shouldn't be that sensitive, there's something up with it. That's what we're trying to help you figure out.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by Leksikon
It shouldn't be that sensitive, there's something up with it. That's what we're trying to help you figure out.
true enough, I do appreciate it, Im just all aggravated hoping for a wonder solution I think

Old 02-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
I think it has to do more with the tires you have than anything else. I found out how sensitive my VDC was last spring when it almost threw me into a wall for no reason on my way to work. That was the last time I turned it on. Shortly after that, I broke it, drifting, and haven't looked back since. To my tire point, the previous owner had different size tires on front and rear and my slip light was always coming on for no apparent reason. It was actually scary which is why I left it off and have absolutely no intention whatsoever of ever figuring out how to fix it....and I drift so I don't care for it in the first place

Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Iv come to the conclusion its just sh*tty tires...the set up is fine, the tread is more then sufficient and unless theres a way to adjust the sensor manually on the car then Ill just have to wait until I get a drop and wider set rims and offsets to help alleviate the problem.

thanks for the help guys

Old 02-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Zerafian
Iv come to the conclusion its just sh*tty tires...the set up is fine, the tread is more then sufficient and unless theres a way to adjust the sensor manually on the car then Ill just have to wait until I get a drop and wider set rims and offsets to help alleviate the problem.

thanks for the help guys
a good alignment will help, i bet that car never had once since the factory.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problems with (vdc off & slip)

just bought the car about 3 days ago, almost every time on take off the car brakes on its own, and vdc off and slip light goes on. tires are the right size, speed sensors look good, just did the alignment, and noticed that the two lower control arms are pretty bad and make a clunk noise on take off or braking. do you think the lower control arms are the problem. please advise, any info would help.