G35 slip overly sensitive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
G35 slip overly sensitive

Just got my G about a month ago and Iv noticed the slip is a little over active. I hit a very slight bump in the road as Im turning on to the interstate, a large loop, and it always kicks in unless Im going under 40mph.

I was just curious if theres a way to adjust how sensitive it is, so it doesnt activate so easily.

I had a 350z for over 4 years and it wasnt near as touchy, even at stock ride height and rims.

I was thinking maybe I was just use to having a dropped car, wider tires, and lower center of gravity. I cant imagine the difference being that drastic thoug.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I feel as if I have the same issue, but my car slips even when I make a left or right turn at an intersection. I'm not even giving it much gas and it starts to slip I also feel like its going to cause an accident for an example:

I'm sitting at an intersection waiting to make a left turn. I see an opening, but it's tight. I go for it, my slip light comes on and i guess the brakes are activated and so while I'm trying to hurry through the turn, my car starts to almost sputter. Or whatever it does to stop the slipping.

I'ma die one day because of this ish. Who drives with VDC off all the time? Thinking I might go this route.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I had asked a related question how to have VDC off as the baseline, when you start up the car. Someone linked a product, roughly $99, that would do this. Can't recall the name of it, but if you can't change the slip parameters in the ECU (are they even there?), maybe be something to look into.

I feel it's too sensitive too. Or rather the car breaks the tires a bit too easily.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Zerafian
Just got my G about a month ago and Iv noticed the slip is a little over active. I hit a very slight bump in the road as Im turning on to the interstate, a large loop, and it always kicks in unless Im going under 40mph.

I was just curious if theres a way to adjust how sensitive it is, so it doesnt activate so easily.

I had a 350z for over 4 years and it wasnt near as touchy, even at stock ride height and rims.

I was thinking maybe I was just use to having a dropped car, wider tires, and lower center of gravity. I cant imagine the difference being that drastic thoug.
There's no way to adjust the VDC limits, and it really shouldn't be coming on over 40mph unless you have it wide open over a substantial bump or have bad tires.
BTW nice 350

Originally Posted by MUMM RA
I feel as if I have the same issue, but my car slips even when I make a left or right turn at an intersection. I'm not even giving it much gas and it starts to slip I also feel like its going to cause an accident for an example:

I'm sitting at an intersection waiting to make a left turn. I see an opening, but it's tight. I go for it, my slip light comes on and i guess the brakes are activated and so while I'm trying to hurry through the turn, my car starts to almost sputter. Or whatever it does to stop the slipping.

I'ma die one day because of this ish. Who drives with VDC off all the time? Thinking I might go this route.
You might want to learn the limits of rear wheel drive cars, chances are you'd spin this car out making that hard of a left turn. Take it to a track day and learn how to drive it within it's and your ability.

Originally Posted by jstudrawa
I had asked a related question how to have VDC off as the baseline, when you start up the car. Someone linked a product, roughly $99, that would do this. Can't recall the name of it, but if you can't change the slip parameters in the ECU (are they even there?), maybe be something to look into.

I feel it's too sensitive too. Or rather the car breaks the tires a bit too easily.
KP Technologies, it just sets it to normally off, you can do the same thing with a switch in the yaw sensor wire, search it on here.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
That's interesting...I'm having almost a similar problem to where vdc turns on to easily....every morning I take an on ramp to the freeway and for the year and a half that I've had it I've been taking it at 40mph no slipping no losing traction etc....but now for the past week (haven't done any mods lately) and its slipping going 30mph....the front drivers side wheel locks up/slides until it slows the car down to like 15mph

Old 02-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Since it is driven by wheel speed differential, back to front, you can adjust sensitivity by altering tire size. Look at stock tire sizes and see how far off you are from it.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:45 PM
It could be the tires...I mean the fronts are at 50% and the rears are brand new*shrugs*.

The same place it always happens is a HUGE loop, not a tight turn at all. I took it at 40mph today and it didnt activate.

None the less its sensitive enough to scare me a little when Im driving on the interest state going around bins, or changing lanes if the road isnt straight, or if the surface changes and the level is different. I mean you guys know what it does, around a large bin or loop it jerks my steering wheel to try and go straight which is fukin dangerous. I could have sworn the slip still activated even with the VDC turned off,

I dont believe it should be that touchy.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Mine does it too scares the **** out of me sometimes and I don't drive hard or fast

Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Just my opinion, but even track junkies that know what they are doing lose control. Lapses of judgement, poor conditions, hitting a bump mid-turn. My VDC has saved me a couple times. I'm not having any problems with 245/35/19 front and 255/40/19 rear and i'm 50% through vredestein sessanta ultracs. My coilovers are in the garage waiting to be installed. I'll bump this from the dead if it changes VDC.

You can always disable the VDC completely and install a race logic unit and have more control over parameters, but that's a couple thousand pus install.
http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product...roductid=17429

Old 02-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Make sure your front and rear tires are withing 3% of each other's sizes. If it's above that 3% mark you'll have problems, the closer it is to the 3% you'll be more likely to have issues. A truly awful alignment will cause VDC to pop on as well (I had it after I installed the 2nd set of coils, but it was even on straights so probably not your issue) but if you've never had it aligned it's just a good idea in general. Nothing else to add that hasn't already been mentioned.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by jomamahama
Just my opinion, but even track junkies that know what they are doing lose control. Lapses of judgement, poor conditions, hitting a bump mid-turn. My VDC has saved me a couple times. I'm not having any problems with 245/35/19 front and 255/40/19 rear and i'm 50% through vredestein sessanta ultracs. My coilovers are in the garage waiting to be installed. I'll bump this from the dead if it changes VDC.

You can always disable the VDC completely and install a race logic unit and have more control over parameters, but that's a couple thousand pus install.
http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product...roductid=17429
Its not even that...in completely dry conditions in a 1/2 mile gradual loop(essentially a 1/4 circle of road .5 miles long, getting from road to interstate) the car can tap an uneven part of road and the slip will engage and cause me to pull hard in the opposite direction im going in the loop.

I remember taking my 04' 350z on much tighter loops, completely stock, at 10-15mph faster and never having an issue with the slip.

I know the G35 rides a little higher but its heavier as well...Im just at a loss.

Im just going to turn off my VDC as long as its not raining because its to the point Im timid to hit bumps on the interstate during a gradual turn in the road.

VERY SERIOUS.

I just got the car a month ago and the dealership put new tires on the rear. I now feel compelled to see if they put the right sizes on. Like the fronts are 225/50 and the rears are 235/40 or something like that.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by jstudrawa

More like 5 bucks

https://g35driver.com/forums/drivetr...-vdc-real.html

Old 02-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Zerafian
I now feel compelled to see if they put the right sizes on. Like the fronts are 225/50 and the rears are 235/40 or something like that.
Post the actual sizes

Old 02-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Post the actual sizes
Definitely will in the morning

Old 02-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Your VDC is acting up because of two reasons, totally mismatched tires with a UTQG in the 600+ neighborhood (compound too hard) or your tires are bald and lack grip....Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 slip overly sensitive