Put the sedan on a diet.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Again leave it you and only you to come up with some ridiculous comparison. Did the maxima owner remove any stock safety features for braggin rights to random people online? For once in your years on this forum Jeff use common sense please. The debate is not if cars have gotten safer in 40 years, of course they have. The issue at hand is people who disable factory installed safety features on their family car so they can shake their e-***** online and brag about saving 5 lbs.
Family car? Bragging rights? Wow, it's like you created your own little story in your pathetic head and just went with it!

Old 02-13-2014, 12:13 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
I find it ironic that whosurbudieee is talking to anyone about "shaking their e-*****"

The following users liked this post:
Jeff92se (02-13-2014)
Old 02-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Again leave it you and only you to come up with some ridiculous comparison. Did the maxima owner remove any stock safety features for braggin rights to random people online? For once in your years on this forum Jeff use common sense please. The debate is not if cars have gotten safer in 40 years, of course they have. The issue at hand is people who disable factory installed safety features on their family car so they can shake their e-***** online and brag about saving 5 lbs.
Wrong. You assigning labels. Here's the bottom line. At the end of the day REGARDLESS OF WHEN THE CAR WAS BUILT,

Driving a 1992 maxima nets you ONE AIR BAG

Driving a classic muscle car nets you no airbags, no abs, hell probably not even disc brakes, poor crumple zones etc.. etc etc....

All cars that can are driven TODAY. If you wont' drive with a guy that only has one airbag, then there's no way in hell are you going to drive with a guy in a classic muscle car. Why? Because DESPITE what this guy did, it's still MILES safer than the muscle car.

You can get off your moral high horse and stop being a hypocrite

Old 02-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Are we talking about maximas or classics? Is OP driving a maxima or classic? No, the topic was OP ignorantly removing airbags from a G35 to shave 5 lbs.

Plus I never once said I wouldnt drive with someone (I own a 68 camaro and a Harley). I said it is stupid for anyone to remove/disable factory equipped safety devices for epenis bragging rights. You cannot change that simple fact with your BS justifications. It isnt a high moral horse, it is basic common sense.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 02-13-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Are we talking about maximas or classics? Is OP driving a maxima or classic? No, the topic was OP ignorantly removing airbags from a G35 to shave 5 lbs.

Plus I never once said I wouldnt drive with someone (I own a 68 camaro and a Harley). I said it is stupid for anyone to remove/disable factory equipped safety devices for epenis bragging rights. You cannot change that simple fact with your BS justifications. It isnt a high moral horse, it is basic common sense.
You and your "e-*****" references! Poor guy.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:42 PM
Red Card Crew

Removed airbags? I hope you dont even plan on taking it on a public road again. If you are willing to remove safety features to save 5 lbs, why not remove stereo, sunroof and full interior?
No you said this. If he cannot take his car on public roads (I assume because of safety), then any car with less safety features than his car cannot be on public roads according to you.

Nothing you can say can change the standard YOU assigned here. THAT'S common sense. Not the moral diatribe you are spewing. Where did he "brag"? You assume much in order to get on that high horse of yours?

Old 02-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
No you said this. If he cannot take his car on public roads (I assume because of safety), then any car with less safety features than his car cannot be on public roads according to you.

Nothing you can say can change the standard YOU assigned here. THAT'S common sense. Not the moral diatribe you are spewing. Where did he "brag"? You assume much in order to get on that high horse of yours?
I said he cannot take the car on public roads because it is illegal. (and dangerous) I wouldnt care if he removed driver side airbag, Darwin would agree people like that are better taken out of the gene pool, but only a morally bankrupt person would remove passenger side and risk their lives.

I said he must have removed them to stroke his e-*****, because there cannot be any other logical explanation. No sane person would remove an airbag, just to take 5lbs off a 3200lb family car.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 02-13-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:16 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
ok first off I don't know where you live, but it isn't illegal where I'm at, and even if it was they aren't going to take apart your interior to make sure you still have your airbags. 2nd while I agree that there isn't really much of a point in removing the airbags for such minimal weight savings, it's his f***in car he can do with it as he pleases, and passengers should know that they are riding at their own risk. 3rd I still find it ironic that the man who does nothing on this forum except for troll and stroke his own "e-*****" is calling someone out on stroking theirs (something the OP really wasn't doing anyway).

Old 02-14-2014, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by thegreatkwijibo
ok first off I don't know where you live, but it isn't illegal where I'm at, and even if it was they aren't going to take apart your interior to make sure you still have your airbags. 2nd while I agree that there isn't really much of a point in removing the airbags for such minimal weight savings, it's his f***in car he can do with it as he pleases, and passengers should know that they are riding at their own risk. 3rd I still find it ironic that the man who does nothing on this forum except for troll and stroke his own "e-*****" is calling someone out on stroking theirs (something the OP really wasn't doing anyway).
Very nice!

Old 02-14-2014, 12:33 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
semi entertaining thread

Old 02-14-2014, 01:15 AM
Red Card Crew

I said he cannot take the car on public roads because it is illegal. (and dangerous) I wouldnt care if he removed driver side airbag, Darwin would agree people like that are better taken out of the gene pool, but only a morally bankrupt person would remove passenger side and risk their lives.

I said he must have removed them to stroke his e-*****, because there cannot be any other logical explanation. No sane person would remove an airbag, just to take 5lbs off a 3200lb family car.
Nice deflection. You said NOTHING of the legality.

And I didn't see him BRAGGING about it. He just told what he did to remove weight.

Removed airbags? I hope you dont even plan on taking it on a public road again. If you are willing to remove safety features to save 5 lbs, why not remove stereo, sunroof and full interior?
I guess Darwin will take care of the classic car guy trying to stop with 4 wheel drums

The following users liked this post:
thegreatkwijibo (02-14-2014)