HELP, Front calipers lock up, after ABS module replacement.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP, Front calipers lock up, after ABS module replacement.

Recently, my VDC, SLIP, ABS lights came on. So I drove it home and waited until the next morning to take it to the dealership. One thing I noticed when I was driving it the next day, the car felt like it wasn't putting out hardly any power to the wheel and the brakes where really stiff. I took it to the Nissan dealership and they stated that it is my VDC actuator going bad. A new ABS module, which includes the VDC actuator cost $1400, plus $400 labor = $1800. I decided to buy a used ABS module for them to install. Well after they installed it, bleed the brakes line.....they state that when they drive the car the front brake calipers lock up every time. They have been trying to figure out what could be the cause of this......for the pass few days....but with no luck. Does anyone have an ideas I can suggest to the dealer to try?

Old 08-16-2018, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by gregip1
Recently, my VDC, SLIP, ABS lights came on. So I drove it home and waited until the next morning to take it to the dealership. One thing I noticed when I was driving it the next day, the car felt like it wasn't putting out hardly any power to the wheel and the brakes where really stiff. I took it to the Nissan dealership and they stated that it is my VDC actuator going bad. A new ABS module, which includes the VDC actuator cost $1400, plus $400 labor = $1800. I decided to buy a used ABS module for them to install. Well after they installed it, bleed the brakes line.....they state that when they drive the car the front brake calipers lock up every time. They have been trying to figure out what could be the cause of this......for the pass few days....but with no luck. Does anyone have an ideas I can suggest to the dealer to try?
Replace the ABS module with a OEM new one

Telcoman

Old 08-16-2018, 11:12 AM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Do you have any proof the used ABS module was working before they installed it?

Old 08-16-2018, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by LexD
Do you have any proof the used ABS module was working before they installed it?
It probably doesn't matter because it was cheap?

Telcoman