Why are you guys getting the hi performance brakes & tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it's a very very good idea to upgrade your brakes especially when going to a larger (taller/wider/heavier) wheel. If someone wants to upgrade them for looks? I think it's their choice what to do with their vehicle. I rarely do such things, but can't criticize others for doing so.....

Also try going to an autocross or track day, run a few sessions, see what happens how it affects your factory brakes. Most races and best times not only come from smooth driving and techniques, but who can also break the latest going into a turn.

If you get wheels, yes, there are some die-hard "gear heads" or "enthusiasts" that do it soley on a performance aspect but for most, they get aftermarket wheels for looks. Everyone has different opinions on what looks good vs what doesn't. However, I think most can agree that brake calipers/rotors that fill up the space inside the wheels, look very clean. There is nothing worse than seeing nice wheels with small brakes inside making a huge gap.

Last edited by SloG35; 06-29-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
It seems most get these because 'they look cool'. I didn't see too many saying how they drive where the upgrades are needed to save their a$$e$.

The OEM G35 was rated No 2 in Car & Driver for stoping distance. Why the whinning that they're poo? I push mine. 2nd set of brakes in 30k mi. Losing the back end at 70mph in tight turns, all illegal & unsafe, of course.

I was hoping to hear about more G35drivers who take their drives to the outer limits.

Kinda sick of the "Hey look at my wheels" posts.

Old 07-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JimG35
It seems most get these because 'they look cool'. I didn't see too many saying how they drive where the upgrades are needed to save their a$$e$.

The OEM G35 was rated No 2 in Car & Driver for stoping distance. Why the whinning that they're poo? I push mine. 2nd set of brakes in 30k mi. Losing the back end at 70mph in tight turns, all illegal & unsafe, of course.

I was hoping to hear about more G35drivers who take their drives to the outer limits.

Kinda sick of the "Hey look at my wheels" posts.
Jimg35

First off its not cool about speeding and breaking the law. Some things you just do not talk about. In my opinion I just do not trust stock brakes. I have always installed upgraded brakes on my cars for a reason. I know for a fact they have saved my life. And as you said they were rated # 2. That's not good enough for me. I want the best money can buy.
You only live once. The plus side is they look good and you get to look at them.
All BBK are a good investment. Live for another day.
Pasta