d specs w/ sprint springs vs tein basics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
d specs w/ sprint springs vs tein basics

I'm getting close to having the cash to get one of the two. This will be the biggest mod ive done (by far), and i want to do it right if i do spend the cash. my concern with going with the springs is that im not sure they are going to be the size drop i want and im concerned about this. I have gotten so much conflicting information on the basics that i really am further from making a decision than when i began saving for this.. at the end of the week i should have the cash and im wondering a few things

1) someone told me the less i drop the car, the higher my spring rates are going to be.... the lower i go the lower the spring rates they said... is this right?

2) Anyone got pics of the sprint springs on a car to show me? Would someone advise against this for any reason? I want to get my car really low (get rid of wheel gap on stock 18s)

3) if i plan to get a camber kit, will it cost more to get that installed seperately or should i jsut save a little longer and get it all on at once?

4) would kenetix camber arms and front a-arms be sufficient to get my car back in spec and still slam the car as low as im wanting to?

i want to put be able to put my car back to stock for cheap when i sell the car, so thats why im gonna get the d-specs if i go with springs... if anyone has anything of value to me, say it.. im trying to learn as much as possible before i go off and do something half-as$ed

Old 10-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1) huh?

2) no picts, but i read they drop the car like 1.75". that's too low imho unless your car is a static model. i think the lowest i'd ever go is Prokits.

3) Get all at once if you're gonna go that low. you will need camber correction.

4) I dont use kinetix so don't know.

your final comment.... coilovers or doing springs/dampers separately, the amount of work needed to do the swap is the same unless the coilovers come with pillow mounts (which the Basic's don't come with) and you can do a direct swap.

You should study more before making the move as it is not a cheap mod once you start.

Old 10-26-2005, 02:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry you misunderstood a little of my post i think

1) im talking about the tein basics... someone said that the lower you drop the car the lower the spring rates

2) I want to tuck the front tire about 1/2 inch and have the rear get rid of all the gap between tire and wheel well

3) i was thinking if i got the basics before the camber correction of just lowering an inch or so, so that i can get back in spec. Then i would go lower when i got the cash to get camber correction

I know that the work will be the same (and im taking it to SGP here in houston anyways), but i was sayin gthat i dont want to put springs on stock shocks because i would like to be able to put my stock shocks back on the car when i sell it and them be okay

Old 10-26-2005, 05:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) because your decreasing rebound distance,you're likely going to bottom out. spring rate stays the same.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have you thought about the tien H techs(350z) with Dspecs? I hear thats not a bad set up and its a good drop.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Raznips
sorry you misunderstood a little of my post i think

1) im talking about the tein basics... someone said that the lower you drop the car the lower the spring rates

2) I want to tuck the front tire about 1/2 inch and have the rear get rid of all the gap between tire and wheel well

3) i was thinking if i got the basics before the camber correction of just lowering an inch or so, so that i can get back in spec. Then i would go lower when i got the cash to get camber correction

I know that the work will be the same (and im taking it to SGP here in houston anyways), but i was sayin gthat i dont want to put springs on stock shocks because i would like to be able to put my stock shocks back on the car when i sell it and them be okay
What I said to you before wasn't as well said as it could have been and I got some things wrong and it left the door open for misunderstanding. I was trying to understand my own experience and at the same time avoid being drawn into a discussion about my suspension setup.

Raising up the spring perch on any coilover to gain ride height, does not effect the spring rate.

But, when I raised up my front coilover setup 1", the behavior between the shock and spring was quite different. I had to go from 3/4 of total rebound control to full rebound control, even that wasn't enough. My front shocks are at Koni right now, for a possible solution. Might get TcKline DA's instead.

I do know of one G35 owner with Tein Basics that run's them set at the highest ride height settings possible. Here's his posted review, he's a nice guy so if you wanted to pm him I'm sure he wouldn't mind talking to you.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...highlight=tein