Maybe my stupidest questionet yet....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe my stupidest question yet....

Sorry. But I really AM this naive about G35 suspension. Took my car in for an alignment yesterday and, when I picked it up, the mechanic said that there was no camber adjustment capability for the front. He did adjust front toe, and rear camber/toe, but no front camber adjust.

My understanding has been that there is "some" front camber adjustability stock, and that this can increased with an aftermarket kit. What am I (or my mechanic) missing here?

-T

PS This guy has proven pretty capable in the past, so I don't want to make him out to be a moron. I'd prefer to presume the I'm the moron!

Last edited by Teeter; 11-15-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
The front camber has no adjustment on the G35.

Camber is dictated by the upper A arm which has no adjustment.

Aftermarket A arms are the only ones that adjust.

Attached Thumbnails Maybe my stupidest questionet yet....-front-susp.jpg  

Last edited by InTgr8r; 11-15-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Agreed ^

You can get aftermarket A-arms with camber adjustment such as Cusco, Stillen, 350Evo, Kinetix.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:32 PM
I've heard talk of front camber adjustment so often, it never occurred to me that people had added a kit.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by dklau33
Agreed ^

You can get aftermarket A-arms with camber adjustment such as Cusco, Stillen, 350Evo, Kinetix.
Anything critical to know before purchasing? It looks like the Stillen and 350EVO are considerably more expensive ($850) than the Kinetix or Cusco ($379).

Old 11-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by Teeter
Anything critical to know before purchasing? It looks like the Stillen and 350EVO are considerably more expensive ($850) than the Kinetix or Cusco ($379).
the reason they are so expensive is because they are made a little better and with more adjustability. I heard that the cusco does not really adjust to get you back into spec as much as the 350 evo. kinetix is extremely cheap because the construction of it is a little cheaper, not to say that it is a cheapo part in any way.
350evo would be the best way to go.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:04 AM
I have the Cuscos and I was able to get back to -1.4 with a drop of 1 1/8" in front. They are very good quality and fitment was excellent. They only offer about .5 positive adjustment though (without doing any modifications to the arm and your fender well). The 350 EVOs are probably the best in terms of quality and amount of positive camber adjustment you have. All depends on how much drop you have in front and where you're trying to get your camber to. There was a post a few days back about SPC going to work on some adjustable front camber arms - that might prove to be something to watch out for as well. The Kinetix I've not heard that many good things about. They make a lot of noise and they don't look like they're built that great, but they are inexpensive.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Do the front camber adjustment kits allow for adjusting the "relative" settings of the left and right? (In other words can I adjust left independently of right?)

Old 11-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Teeter
Do the front camber adjustment kits allow for adjusting the "relative" settings of the left and right? (In other words can I adjust left independently of right?)
Yes you can adjust them independently of one another. If you're looking for granular fine-tuned adjustment though, the 350EVOs are the ones you want. They have a sliding plate that allows you to dial-in exactly what you want. The Cuscos have a sliding plate as well, but that's only good if you want to add negative camber. The positive adjustment is a pre-drilled hole and you're basically stuck with what it gives you (unless you modify it). In my case, I just wanted to add as much positive camber back to get within specs and these did the job. If I were to do it over again, I'd probably spend the extra money and go with the EVOs. Not saying the Cuscos aren't a very good product, they just don't afford you as much positive camber adjustability. They're a great control arm for tracking and if you're looking for more negative camber.

Here's a couple links with more info and pics of the arms that hopefully clarify what I'm talking about:

Cusco
350 EVO