where to get the tein rear spring adjustable spring perches?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
where to get the tein rear spring adjustable spring perches?

I have seen that the tein basics and flex setups come with an adjustable upper spring perch for the rear springs. Can that adjustable spring perch be purchased separately. I have 350Z H-techon my sedan, and I would liek to raise the rear up about 1/2 an inch to level it out with the front fender gap.

Go to this link to see what I am talking about. It is on the last page of the .pdf file.
http://www.tein.com/ti/inst/lp26u.pdf

Thanks,

Andrew

Last edited by QuadCam; 01-09-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
first off, the basics and flex are coilovers, not perch type heigh adjustable system.

next, i looked at p8 of your attachment and do not see any 'perch' in the exploded view of the rear suspension. if you are referring to the coilovers
(the actual adjustment base and the spring seat and lock) you can
get them from www.groundcontrols.com... but not sure if they actually sell
ones for G's. ask them. you need to use their springs as they are shorter
than your h-techs.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:32 PM
kenchan, you need to look at page 9 of the pdf file. Page nine has the rear suspension. Page 8 is the front suspension.

Also, looking at the rear suspension diagram, I have to disagree with you. The rear spring uses an adjustment ring that sit between the spring and the stock upper bump rubber. The rear setup for the tein flex and basic ARE NOT coilovers.............at least that is what is shown in the picture. The springs are located in the stock spring location, and the shock is located in the stock shock location.

the front suspension is a coilover, just like stock.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:33 AM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are looking to even out the suspension, do a search under the user name Teeter. He started a thread about his suspension install, and used the same springs you have with a 3/8" spacer on the rears to even out the drop...

Old 01-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
I have seen that the tein basics and flex setups come with an adjustable upper spring perch for the rear springs. Can that adjustable spring perch be purchased separately. I have 350Z H-techon my sedan, and I would liek to raise the rear up about 1/2 an inch to level it out with the front fender gap.

Go to this link to see what I am talking about. It is on the last page of the .pdf file.
http://www.tein.com/ti/inst/lp26u.pdf

Thanks,

Andrew
Hey Andrew:

I looked at the diagram on page 9. As I suspected, I still stand behind my comment on the phone. Even if the perch is available, you can only lower the ride (i.e. compress the spring). Perch cannot be used to elongate springs; therefore, if the ride is low to begin with, then the perch is not going to be useful... Unless.. the whole assemlby/mechanism adds spacing (i.e. lenght) to the system enough that you can gain some ride height back.

My $2 cents!

-Ahsan

Old 01-20-2006, 09:08 AM
I got an email from Tein USA. Yes, the adjustable spring perches can be percahsed, but I'd have to buy new rear springs. The perches fit a different diameter spring than the H-tech or s-tech springs.

Ahsan, if it would have fit, i still think it could have been used to raise the car back up. Remember, my car is already lowered. Therefore, you are not really "raising" the car; you are only bringing it back up closer to stock height, but it would still be "lowered," compared to stock. Sounds odd, but do you see what I am saying?

Old 01-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i looked at your PDF again, but the last page you have is page 8. look at the bottom center for page number with TITLE: Assembly Diagram (Rear). i can tell just by looking at the assembly which is for the front and which is for the rear.

the rears are called threaded spring perch, if you want to get that **** about the terminology. coilovers are ones that wrap over the damper assembly.

typically perch types use a c-ring and only adjustable per fixed heights
on the shell. this is why by common naming, i noted that you want
the ones with the spring seat and collar.

looks like you found wat you want. congrats. but like i said on my
orignal post, you need shorter springs.

Originally Posted by QuadCam
kenchan, you need to look at page 9 of the pdf file. Page nine has the rear suspension. Page 8 is the front suspension.

Also, looking at the rear suspension diagram, I have to disagree with you. The rear spring uses an adjustment ring that sit between the spring and the stock upper bump rubber. The rear setup for the tein flex and basic ARE NOT coilovers.............at least that is what is shown in the picture. The springs are located in the stock spring location, and the shock is located in the stock shock location.

the front suspension is a coilover, just like stock.

Last edited by kenchan; 01-20-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Ahsan, if it would have fit, i still think it could have been used to raise the car back up. Remember, my car is already lowered. Therefore, you are not really "raising" the car; you are only bringing it back up closer to stock height, but it would still be "lowered," compared to stock. Sounds odd, but do you see what I am saying?[/QUOTE]

Andrew: How much are the perches? I am curious.
On a different note, we need to discuss some suspension stuff, especiall about the 350Z-H Tech springs change the balance of the car. I will call you sometime in the weekned.

-See ya.
Ahsan

Old 01-20-2006, 05:01 PM
As a Tein dealer, I've installed many of these. I don't think it would work on a standard spring. The springs are shorter on the coilover setups than a standard spring. You would probably end up raising your car rather than lowering it.

If you want them though, I can probably order it for you

Old 01-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by GReddySetGO
As a Tein dealer, I've installed many of these. I don't think it would work on a standard spring. The springs are shorter on the coilover setups than a standard spring. You would probably end up raising your car rather than lowering it.

If you want them though, I can probably order it for you
Tein dealer aeei!... May be you can help me. I have the '05 6MT sedan also. I think what my car needs is stiffer front springs; say in the ~+400lbs/in at front. And I need the rears close to stock stiffness (~342lbs/in).
Between these two combinations, I also want the car to lower ~1.0". Any combination of Tein springs I can use? I want them to be linear also.