G35 Front Strut Tower brace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:13 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by wa2good
Its possible, I will try to show up. Someone please remind me, call or text me around 5PM or so on thursday.
lol i'll tell grant to since i dont have your number

Old 02-02-2007, 06:02 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still Selling And Still Going Strong

These G35 Front Strut Tower Braces are still available, still selling well, and have been proven on over 36 cars, and some for over a year of hard driven track days.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Scott,

How's the powder coating coming along? I'm anxious to receive this...

Thanks!

Old 02-02-2007, 04:58 PM
almost ready for a test-fit on the vortech scott?

Old 02-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by rcdash
Scott,

How's the powder coating coming along? I'm anxious to receive this...

Thanks!
i hope they are done by mid week, then I will ship to you ASAP, thanks a ton for your patience.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
almost ready for a test-fit on the vortech scott?
Pretty soon, I will PM you and let you know.....

Old 02-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interested in knowing about the vortech test fit. was wondering... if there is a need for a different/modified STB for the vortech. will that same one for the vortech fit on a engine with cai?

planning on vortech, but dont want to have to end up buying a regular VRT STB then buy a vortech one later.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by johnjayb
interested in knowing about the vortech test fit. was wondering... if there is a need for a different/modified STB for the vortech. will that same one for the vortech fit on a engine with cai?

planning on vortech, but dont want to have to end up buying a regular VRT STB then buy a vortech one later.
I understand your concern. I sometimes get a customer who wants, for example) a STB on their car that has a CAI only, and they want a JWT TT kit later but dont want to get a whole different STB, so I get them one that will work both with their car now, and with the TT kit later. If This brace will work on the Vortech's without much fuss, or I make a version that does, then I am pretty sure that that version brace will work with your car without the Vortech SC.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:21 PM
ok... subscribing to find out. is sundeviljay gonna come in netime soon for test fitting?

Old 02-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Thumbs up

Since we on the topic of the VRT STB, I want I to say that without any reservation that Scott's VRT front tower strut bar is a high quality product, visually and functionally, and it's a surperb performer in my book.

I took by G recently to Willow Springs Raceway, big track. OMG, let me tell you, I was making very fast and tight turns all day with practically zero body rolling or swaying. I have no doubt that a major contributor was Scott's VRT front tower strut bar minimizing the flex of my G, keeping it tight and grabbing onto the road. I was still amazed how well and sharp my 03 coupe performed going through the corners and turns, making the apex.

I realized that I need more practical power that is also cost effective and reliable. Scott recommended me Stillen SC which served my needs. So, as I'm getting as Stillen Stage 4 SC installed on my G, Scott will REPLACE my front tower strut bar with a different VRT STB design that would accomodate the SC unit.

Scott's awesome product and customer service can't be beat. Not only that, I've made a new friend in the auto performance industry. Scott is down to earth, very approachable, and straightforward. The funny thing is that I was initially very doubtful that his TSB would make any difference, if at all in my G's handling. Man, I was wrong and pleasantly surprised.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:13 PM
does anyone know if this will fit the TN kit?

Old 02-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Good2Go
Since we on the topic of the VRT STB, I want I to say that without any reservation that Scott's VRT front tower strut bar is a high quality product, visually and functionally, and it's a surperb performer in my book.

I took by G recently to Willow Springs Raceway, big track. OMG, let me tell you, I was making very fast and tight turns all day with practically zero body rolling or swaying. I have no doubt that a major contributor was Scott's VRT front tower strut bar minimizing the flex of my G, keeping it tight and grabbing onto the road. I was still amazed how well and sharp my 03 coupe performed going through the corners and turns, making the apex.

I realized that I need more practical power that is also cost effective and reliable. Scott recommended me Stillen SC which served my needs. So, as I'm getting as Stillen Stage 4 SC installed on my G, Scott will REPLACE my front tower strut bar with a different VRT STB design that would accomodate the SC unit.

Scott's awesome product and customer service can't be beat. Not only that, I've made a new friend in the auto performance industry. Scott is down to earth, very approachable, and straightforward. The funny thing is that I was initially very doubtful that his TSB would make any difference, if at all in my G's handling. Man, I was wrong and pleasantly surprised.
+1 here. I was an early advocate of the VRT STB, and my enthusiasm has not waned. This only goes to prove the adage, you get what you pay for. The VRT truly works, and I would not to back to the stock handling on my coupe. The combination of my Nismo wheels, Dunlop SportMaxx tires and the VRT provide truly amazing handling and a real tossable car. In short, this is a great mod.

Lou

Attached Thumbnails G35 Front Strut Tower brace-stb01.jpg  
Old 02-17-2007, 05:33 PM
its $400 for a strut bar? ouch...

Old 02-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by ryman546
its $400 for a strut bar? ouch...
this is the best "value", hands down for the G35 - that's why i bit the bullet and went for this over the arc and over the replica... performance, aesthetics, and price factored in.

it's also a small price to pay when you consider it's effect on handling and the cost of other suspension related upgrades - VRT strut bar plus upgraded sways on a stock G suspension are the critical must-do's in my opinion.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:56 PM
just got mine in - whohoo! made to order, to fit stock airbox and prepped for JWT TT in the future. looks sharp!

too bad i have to go out of town the day after it arrives - will have to wait for the weekend to install. will post a review up in the review section when installed and tested.

thanks Scott!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Front Strut Tower brace