Who got squeeky breaks ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 10:48 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an 05 10500 miles and my brakes are squeking and the pedal is vibrating.
I hope i didnt warp the rotors.
Does any1 else with an 05-06 have this problem?

Old 08-02-2006, 09:39 PM
mine sqeak 2. i took it in 2 the dealer, they fixed it and it stop, but the next day it started again. i dont no what 2 do. its really embrassing b/c its a 40g car and people look at u and laugh like its a honda.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
18k miles and I get squeaking quite often as well (in reverse too).

I did have brake life checked around 500 mi ago, and found the rear brakes to be just fine while the front brakes showing some wear.

How long are the pads supposed to last? That is the only thing you change, right.....(as opposed to MB where the rotors are replaced also )

Old 08-18-2006, 03:40 PM
yeah

Oh yeah, I got squeeky brakes and I am not sure what to do about it.
I brought it into the dealer and they told me my brakes were fine and that it's normal and probably due to brake dust.

I sort of gotten used to it now but happens all the time at lower speeds and it's pretty loud. (not normal to me).

I currently have 22,000 miles on 2005 G35x sedan.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:14 PM
I had the noise problem too. but i upgraded my pads (ebc greenstuff) and rotors (crossed drilled and slotted) and applied grease in all the right places. check to see if your pads are scorned because that might be the cause. upgrade to crossdrilled and you will see and notice a big difference. one more thing i noticed is that the front pads hang over the top of the rotor so when your brakes wear down there is a small lip of brake pad left over. this could also create some noise. good luck guys.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:31 PM
my started after I changed the stock pads to HAWK.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:05 AM
My breaks squeal/squeaks too, But mostly when the car is loaded with passengers and it also vibrates. Very embarassing.
I took it to the dealer and they said it was break dust and sprayed it with break cleaner. i bought some break cleaners and cleaned the breaks myself also but it still sqeaks.
I have an 05 sedan with 28K miles.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
mine squeak when it has sat for a few hours. they just squeal without the brakes being applied. i have 24k miles on the car. goes away when brakes are applied and then starts back up....this is BS for a car in this price range. it stops eventually after a few miles, but is ridiculous. lokey infiniti says it's normal.......dust/rust or something ridiculous, like that. the car is garage kept.

stuff like this makes me wonder about these cars down the road. i don't see many kias with squeaky brakes.......i know..i know..apples and oranges, but at least their brakes are quiet!

Old 10-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Squeaky Brakes Resolved!!!!!

Hey everyone,

I finally found an answer to get rid of the squaky brakes on the G35's; brembo or non-brembo. Go to your local auto store and get Prematex's Brake Quiet. Make sure you put it on correctly else you will still get squealing. Spary the stuff on each set of pads; on the metal back of the pad (that goes onto the caliper). Let sit for like 15 minutes. It seems on my G35 the squealing comes from the back so I only did the back pads for now. Once dry, take for a test run. You may get a couple initial squeals, but should go away. I took it on a 5 mile test with intermittent stops (light braking stops). Backed up a few times. Poof!!!! My brakes are not squealing anymore.

Let me know how it works for everyone else. Later.

G-man

Old 10-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DaVeeD
Ok lets hear it... i know im not the only one with squeeky breaks !!! Stock breaks..Brembo or non-Brembo stock breaks, 05+ breaks, even BBK breaks... i wana know who has squeeky breaks... name what breaks you have... even if you upgraded pads/rotors

04 5AT coupe non-Brembo breaks... squeek at very slow slow speeds and same speed when baking up !!!

I have the 03 Brembo's w/ Brembo slotted rotors + Axxis Delux pads, Squeek at very low speeds and when backing up

Old 10-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine started to squeal about a month ago, still on original set of pads and rotors at 38k. I really didn't experience the squealing at low speeds so i guess i was lucky in that aspect but it's really annoying now.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by DaVeeD
Ok lets hear it... i know im not the only one with squeeky breaks !!! Stock breaks..Brembo or non-Brembo stock breaks, 05+ breaks, even BBK breaks... i wana know who has squeeky breaks... name what breaks you have... even if you upgraded pads/rotors

04 5AT coupe non-Brembo breaks... squeek at very slow slow speeds and same speed when baking up !!!
I have an '04 6MT and the breaks squeak everytime I hit the brakes when breaking or baking up or braking going forward on the breaks. But only at a stop light when braking in the cold or baking in my garage. Usually a cake....

BRAKE [brake] in technology, device to slow or stop the motion of a mechanism or vehicle. TypesFriction Brakes Friction brakes, the most common kind, operate on the principle that friction can be used to convert the mechanical energy of a moving object into heat energy.

break (brāk): To cause to separate into pieces suddenly or violently; smash.

To divide into pieces, as by bending or cutting: break crackers for a baby.
To separate into components or parts: broke the work into discrete tasks.

baking (′bāk·iŋ): (food engineering) The use of heat in an oven to convert flour, water, yeast, and such, into baked goods.

backed, back·ing, backs.:To cause to move backward or in a reverse direction: Back the car up and then make the turn.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:31 PM
I had squeek and dust problems just like everyone else, so I tried Hawk HPS with stock rotors and dust was gone but the noise got worse. So I changed all four rotors to drilled and slotted with new Hawk HPS pads and its all gone. Problem solved.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by hottnes35
mine sqeak 2. i took it in 2 the dealer, they fixed it and it stop, but the next day it started again. i dont no what 2 do. its really embrassing b/c its a 40g car and people look at u and laugh like its a honda.
I'm with you it's embarrassing to be driving in a 40g car and hearing squeaky brakes. I hardly open the sunroof because I don't want to hear them. Reminds me of my first car out of college except I paid about 7G. I've had the dealer look at them three times and it sounds good for a few days then squeaks again. I'm buying a new car in 6-9 months and it won't be another Infiniti. I'm going back to BMW. Next time I get my oil change, I'll walk around the lot like I'm a buyer and when he asks if I'm interested I'll bust his chops.