350Z Tien H Techs...Drivers side settled lower then passangers side.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350Z Tien H Techs...Drivers side settled lower then passangers side.

Yep, i got 350Z Tien H Tech springs installed about 2 weeks ago at Street Image. I just noticed today that the drivers side is noticably lower then the passanger side. At first i thought maybe the ground was uneven, but i turned the car around, parked in the exact same spot, and the drivers side was still lower.

I called Street Image to tell them one side was lower and the first thing they said was "is it the drivers side that is lower" im like yep, and they said thats normal because of the extra weight from the driver. I asked if it will even out eventually with having a passanger on the side. He said it will, but i dont think it will even out that much.

I thought about the situation and realized that maybe i can switch the springs from one side to the other when i get my Tokico D Spec Shocks installed. I called Performance Nissan because Street Image had already closed and told Performance Nissan my situation, i asked them if it was possible to switch the springs from one side to the other, it turns out i can switch out the rear springs but not the fronts. Thats okay by me because its the rear that is noticable.

Anyone else notice there drivers side is lower after installing lowering springs?

I had always planned on getting Tokico Shocks a couple weeks after the spring installation. Now im just glad i didnt install everything at the same time.

For anyone who is going to install springs and shocks i recommend you do the springs first, let the springs settle for a couple weeks. And when you get the shocks installed after the springs have settled switch the springs from one side to the other.

Tomorrow ill call Street Image and schedule the Shock installation, and the switching of the rear springs.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'll need to remember this when I install the exact same set-up, as you. Thanks!

Old 04-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You can switch the fronts as well. Not sure why they are saying that. The springs are not labeled left and right.

Old 04-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by khsonic03
You can switch the fronts as well. Not sure why they are saying that. The springs are not labeled left and right.
Performance Nissan said the fronts are directional. Ill call Street Image and see what they say.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Ohio G Club Member
I noticed the same with my H-Techs. I hope your shocks take care of it.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
I noticed the same with my H-Techs. I hope your shocks take care of it.
Well its not the shocks that will take care of it. It's switching the drivers side springs to the passengers side, and the passengers side springs to the drivers side that will even it out. At first it will be the passengers side that will be lower, but my weight will even it out eventually.

And BTW, Street Image said i could switch the front springs too, not just the back ones...Hmmm weird..

Old 06-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had my Z H-Techs for about 3 weeks now and I noticed the same problem since day one. I was hoping it would settle and even out but it hasn't. The driver side is a perfect drop...1-1.5 finger gap in the front, and less than a finger in the back. The passenger side is about 2 fingers in the front and 1.5 in the back.

Did you have your springs switched yet? I thought about the same thing myself but didn't want to spend the money not knowing if it was going to fix it.

If you've switched them and it's evened out since, let me know. I'd like to do the same.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:08 AM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Man, I'm glad someone else brought this up. I noticed a difference with my stock springs but, like OC 350, I figured it was the driveway. Anyway, I lowered a few months ago. Just got the new wheels a few weeks ago and the difference was really noticeable because of the width of the back wheels. I took out a tape measure and measured the distance from the ground to the wheel well. 26.5 driver's side and 27.5 passenger side! There is no way this happened from the springs "settling" - something else is going on here. (I don't weight that much [175 lbs].)

Last edited by sliderg35; 06-04-2006 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just put on my springs two days ago. The fronts look about even. But the rears do not. I also measured from the ground to the fender lip. Driver's side was 26 3/4, passenger's side 27 3/4.

Old 06-04-2006, 01:22 PM
OK, I think we can safely say that "settling" is out. WTF?!?!?!

Old 06-04-2006, 02:26 PM
The weird thing is that with the stock springs, it was 27 1/2" on both sides. So it ended up higher than stock on the passenger side. Both times I measured with a full tank of gas.

I'm thinking of taking 1/2" off of the bump stop on the passenger side only.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
Speaking of the bump stops . . . Did everyone cut the bump stops, as per the instructions? I am just curious about that.

Edit: Can I assume that everyone is measuring the heights with the proper cold air tire inflation pressures?

Last edited by Andy2434; 06-04-2006 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:36 PM
The springs are all the same size right? So, is it possible to put in the spring in different ways that would cause a difference in height? (The dealer installed mine so I don't know what is involved.) I'm thinking that if the spring is rotated in the mount, it may affect the height.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator
Hmmmm . . . I have my Z Tein H-Techs sitting in the garage. After reading about the issues with the Teins, I just bought a set of '06 - 350Z springs. The revised Z spring rates are identical to my existing sport tuned suspension. I hope these settle evenly.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:00 PM
I may have been mistaken with the terms that I was using. I guess the bump stop is actually part of the shock assembly. I have not cut those.

I was actually referring to the spring upper seat mount. Here is the thread on cutting it.

https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-tires/44778-5-drop-rear-without-springs.html

Apparent it will lower the height depending on how much you cut off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 350Z Tien H Techs...Drivers side settled lower then passangers side.