Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Just bought my G35 ((Awesome Story))

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:33 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up Just bought my G35 ((Awesome Story))

Ok, my dad once said be bold, be brief and be gone. So tonight I'll try to adopt that philosophy as I quickly share my G35 coupe buying experience that just finished about 2 hours ago haha

Ok...I've been searching for an 05 IP coupe forever. I found one in Milwaukee for 23K with 22K on the dash. I went up there to check it out 2 weeks ago with my boy.

We get there to the sellers ranch and he basically says here go the keys, there are some nice back roads behind my house enjoy!!!

So we did!!! Anyhow, I ended up falling in love with the car then and there only to have 2 problems,

1. I still had a 99 Lexus ES300 I had to sell because I owed more than the car is worth and 2. his front 19 OEM tires were worn to the point they sound like a helicopter is flying over the car.

After coming on here and reading up on the issue, I decided that I'd have him check out the noise at the dealer first ((just in case it could have been something else))

He gets back to me saying the car needs new tires now but he'll drop 1000 off the price! Keep in mind the car is fully loaded, clean title 05 Sport model with all the trimmings minus navi

Anyhow, I couldn't resist. So I went on a frenzy trying to sell my car. One lowball after another, and I started losing hope that I'd sell in time until this weekend when a
blessing came along and this very nice family bought my car on Saturday.

My bank finished all the paperwork but I still had a few hoops to jump through this afternoon. I also had to race against time as the seller told me he had someone flying in from Boston tomorrow morning who was bringing cash to pickup the car.

Anyhow, I beat him to the punch, I have to say God is awesome, I'm able to drive such a nice car and I cannot WAIT to join some of the ranks of the G35 elite here on this site!

I've been lurking long enough...its time to come out and join the party! When's the next Chi-town meet? I gotta show up for that.

I'll have some pics up sometime tomorrow. Guys I just want to say do NOT give up on your search. I hit up autotrader, cars.com, you name it. For months. Hell I was even willing to fly out to NYC and drive back to Chicago just to get the right deal. Thank God I didn't have to go that far because the best deal for me was waiting right around the corner

If you have questions or want to know more feel free to ask!!

G'night

Stay tuned for part 2...i have to share what happened and how I almost missed the Amtrak train to Milwaukee this evening by one minute. I also have to give props to my sister who drove 3 hours today just to pickup the check for me etc. ...man everything just came together today. I'm so happy and proud at the same time

Old 05-20-2008, 02:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha hey man i was the same as you wanting a g for the longest time and i work my *** off and then i came across mine and I love it !!!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Johnson, which one did you get?

Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Ok..here's part 2..((even shorter than part one))

I waited for my sister and boyfriend about 2 hours at the train station yesterday. Why did I do that...you may ask...well its because she had the check that my credit union refused to wire funds from my saving account there to my bank's checking account here in the city ((unnecessary long story)).

Get this, the seller of the car said some guy from Boston called him and told him he was flying up today to purchase the G35 from him first thing in the morning.

If that guy happens to read this someday...I'm sorry but I was too determined to give up and stopped at nothing to make sure I had the money to the seller first. The seller knew what was going on with the sale of my car and what I went through to make things happen for this deal that he gave me first priority with the sale and kept me posted on who what when etc when I came to showing his car.

To wrap things up, my sister arrived at Union Station about 7:56-7:58 ish from a 2 hour drive and got me the check about 4 mins before my train left for Wisconsin.

Boy was I relieved...I was 2 seconds from having them drive me up there if I missed the train...from Chicago its about another hour and a half

Sorry I'm rambling but I dammit this feels good right now so I'm going to ride this moment out and go for a drive first thing in the morning even if my front tire is noisy like a **** lol

Old 05-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Thumbs up Congrats

Congrats on your purchase. Determinaton is a beautiful thing isn't it? I too am looking for a G; either a coupe or sedan and I know when my car comes along, I'll stop at nothing to grab it.

Peace

Old 05-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by tiguy99
Johnson, which one did you get?
04 TB

Old 05-21-2008, 02:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, my dad once said be bold, be brief and be gone. So tonight I'll try to adopt that philosophy as I quickly share my G35 coupe buying experience that just finished about 2 hours ago haha

Ok...I've been searching for an 05 IP coupe forever. I found one in Milwaukee for 23K with 22K on the dash. I went up there to check it out 2 weeks ago with my boy.

We get there to the sellers ranch and he basically says here go the keys, there are some nice back roads behind my house enjoy!!!

So we did!!! Anyhow, I ended up falling in love with the car then and there only to have 2 problems,

1. I still had a 99 Lexus ES300 I had to sell because I owed more than the car is worth and 2. his front 19 OEM tires were worn to the point they sound like a helicopter is flying over the car.

After coming on here and reading up on the issue, I decided that I'd have him check out the noise at the dealer first ((just in case it could have been something else))

He gets back to me saying the car needs new tires now but he'll drop 1000 off the price! Keep in mind the car is fully loaded, clean title 05 Sport model with all the trimmings minus navi

Anyhow, I couldn't resist. So I went on a frenzy trying to sell my car. One lowball after another, and I started losing hope that I'd sell in time until this weekend when a
blessing came along and this very nice family bought my car on Saturday.

My bank finished all the paperwork but I still had a few hoops to jump through this afternoon. I also had to race against time as the seller told me he had someone flying in from Boston tomorrow morning who was bringing cash to pickup the car.

Anyhow, I beat him to the punch, I have to say God is awesome, I'm able to drive such a nice car and I cannot WAIT to join some of the ranks of the G35 elite here on this site!

I've been lurking long enough...its time to come out and join the party! When's the next Chi-town meet? I gotta show up for that.

I'll have some pics up sometime tomorrow. Guys I just want to say do NOT give up on your search. I hit up autotrader, cars.com, you name it. For months. Hell I was even willing to fly out to NYC and drive back to Chicago just to get the right deal. Thank God I didn't have to go that far because the best deal for me was waiting right around the corner

If you have questions or want to know more feel free to ask!!

G'night

Stay tuned for part 2...i have to share what happened and how I almost missed the Amtrak train to Milwaukee this evening by one minute. I also have to give props to my sister who drove 3 hours today just to pickup the check for me etc. ...man everything just came together today. I'm so happy and proud at the same time
Your story has some similarities to mine. Glad things worked out for you. Welcome to the club.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by OctoMan
Your story has some similarities to mine. Glad things worked out for you. Welcome to the club.
Thanks! In some ways I snuck in over a year ago with various posts haha but it feels great to "officially" be in the club now. What kind of hazing can I expect as a new member of the G35 Driver club??

Originally Posted by G wishin
Congrats on your purchase. Determinaton is a beautiful thing isn't it? I too am looking for a G; either a coupe or sedan and I know when my car comes along, I'll stop at nothing to grab it.

Peace
I know how you feel G wishin. Man I was in your shoes for what seemed like forever. I had somethings in my personal life that needed to be sorted out first before I went and got the car. But I'm a firm believer in what's yours is yours and nothing can get in the way if something was meant for you.

Keep searching and prepping the make the deal you want come to fruition. It won't take long when the right car presents itself. You'll know it right away when it happens to you

Originally Posted by johnsonfire17
04 TB

Right on brotha!!! What's does TB mean??

Old 05-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Twilight Blue

Old 05-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Hey you learn something new everyday! On a side note, does the cup holder thing on the door really work? I'm scared to put a bottle or something there and have it spill while I'm driving. That would suck

Old 05-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Hey you learn something new everyday! On a side note, does the cup holder thing on the door really work? I'm scared to put a bottle or something there and have it spill while I'm driving. That would suck
It works good for bottles, but I wouldn't put a 7Eleven cup or anything cardboard there. The lid may pop off and there goes coffee all over the door jam, carpet, and side door panel. lol

Congrats on the awesome purchase; I too did some searching for a while until I scored an awesome deal. I was able to find the G I wanted for $7k less, just by asking questions, debating, and comparing prices from other sellers.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:21 PM
hey man, congrats on the G. Check out the chicagoz.com forum. Bunch of great guys with amazing G/Z's.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by G35_sylvi
hey man, congrats on the G. Check out the chicagoz.com forum. Bunch of great guys with amazing G/Z's.
Thanks guys I'll make my way over there and introduce myself to the Chicago gang and go from there

Originally Posted by aRT13
It works good for bottles, but I wouldn't put a 7Eleven cup or anything cardboard there. The lid may pop off and there goes coffee all over the door jam, carpet, and side door panel. lol

Congrats on the awesome purchase; I too did some searching for a while until I scored an awesome deal. I was able to find the G I wanted for $7k less, just by asking questions, debating, and comparing prices from other sellers.

Thanks Art! When did you pickup your Coupe?

Old 05-30-2008, 02:37 AM
i wish i was still excited about my g. im thinking about selling.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by spooze
i wish i was still excited about my g. im thinking about selling.
Time for new wheels I guess??

Originally Posted by Sportcoupe35

Haha j/p (( but you've gotta admit those look sick on a O.B. G ))Spooze when did you pickup your car and what's your story (( how you found your G )) if you don't mind me asking?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just bought my G35 ((Awesome Story))