Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Gcoupe buying advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gcoupe buying advice

Hi everybody!

I'm new here and though I don't actually own a G yet, I'm hoping to soon. But I need your help. I'm trying to decide on a few cars, among them, the G35 and 37.

Now, I know most, if not all, have a 35. Maybe some of you want a 37, don't care for them, etc.. but really, I'm hoping to get your thoughts.

Do you want a 37 (one day), and if so.. why? Have you tested one and found it better than the 35? If you're sticking with the 35, why? (aside from no cash. )

This is what I posted in the 37 forum:

"G35:
It might be weird to say, but I think I like the way the 35 looks better than the 37. I like the back of the 37, but the front looks kinda fat and family sedan-ish. But I remember when the new BMW 3 series came out, I thought I liked the E46 better but after a year or so, the 90/92 really grew on me. I'm thinking it's possible the front end of the 37 will grow on me too.

The 35 will be about 10/15 grand cheaper. With the economy the way it is, that's appealing for sure. Also, in the first year, the 37 will take a mean old hit on value. The 35 will drop too, but I'm thinking that first-year hit in this economy might be extra bad.

G37:
I love the rear end. I also love that it's the new body style so it'll last longer (looks-wise). The 37 will look fresh and new for at least 3-5 years while the 35's days are already numbered, so to speak. It's officially the previous model, yanno? Especially if the 37 grows on me and I end up liking it over the 35, I'll really appreciate it's like-new look for the next half decade! Zero miles is appealing, too. Is the oil consumption thing ironed out with the 37? I like that I can also option it the way I like and can probably pick the color, etc I want. With the 35, I'm limited to my search criteria (low miles, 6spd, etc)"

OK, so, I'm looking at this 35:
2006 Certified pre-owned (7 years, 100,000 miles drivetrain warranty) It was built at the end of '06; that'll make the warranty last a tad longer as far as date goes. It's the graphite grey color, has 30,000 miles. Drives like new! (I drove other G35s that just felt old) It's a 6spd, has all the options (sound, nav, etc... as far as I can tell, I think it's fully loaded with most, if not all options, but no spoiler)

Is $27.5 OTD a good price? The dealer won't budge. And I tried, really hard.

Doing searches... I think for it's condition and options, that's reasonable, but not a "steal." Or am I wrong?

Thanks for the help everybody!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:33 AM
DAMN !!!!! everyone ( dealers included ) are holding out for every last penny huh ?? must be a infiniti thing ,my dealer in beaverton OR. would not budge on price either ,and thats after driving away once !! i paid 19.5 for a 05 g-35 sedan , 6mt , loaded except nav . certified , hair over 40k on the ticker .
i know that prob doesnt help much ~!!! G-37 ?? hmmmm. for my taste , little to big for sporty driving . awsome cars , but , just my .02

Old 12-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Yeah! I don't like how big the G37s seem, too!

I guess the dealers are holding out or something. They refused to budge on $27.5 so I walked away (I was hoping he'd chase me out the door!) and they didn't call back; it's been four days! It felt like I got stood up because I was all sitting next to my phone hoping it would ring and be the sales guy! It was pathetic! I finally called again today and the sales guy was acting like he didn't even care! I swear I felt like the psycho-possessive girlfriend! I wanted to hear him care and try to help me!

Dang it. He was hot too. haha

Anyway. I might either keep looking (for other 35s and 37s until I fall in love with one) or I might walk back into the dealer and plop down the $27.5 he won't budge on.

Unless you guys say no!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forums

don't give up! patience (and knowing how to talk) is key to a good deal on the car you want!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have liked the 35's and when I saw pics of the 37's I put a $1k deposit on one and had it built the way I wanted it and when it came in it did not look as good in person as it did in the mags/pics..and then I sat in it and I did not fit..I am 6"1 235 lbs and just felt crapmed..the interior is gorgeous but I was not going to settle for being uncomfortbale coupled with I was not impressed with the looks got me my deposit back...

I bought an 07 G35, 15K, AT. Prem pack, Nav, Sport, Aero for $24700...so your price for an 06 with more miles is high..I checked Autotrader, cars.com, Ebay, craigslist for almost a month before getting this one and there are better deals out there..you may have to travel to get it so you will have to decide if that is worth it to you.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Thank you Law!

Gj,

So you got yours, AT for almost 25? is that out the door? The one I've looked at is 6MT and they wanted 25 before tax, title, etc. Oh, also, I'm in Cali... which I hear cars are usually more $$$ here.

Anybody else?

Old 12-17-2008, 11:46 PM
I went with the 35 over the 37 because for the price difference I could put a nice down payment on a house because houses here in az are pretty cheap.

If not you could always buy one here then take it to cali.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:49 PM
06 5AT 24k miles for 22K... if you can save a couple grand why not

http://infinitiofpeoria.com/index.cf...6_Infiniti_G35

Old 12-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GCoupegirl
Thank you Law!

Gj,

So you got yours, AT for almost 25? is that out the door? The one I've looked at is 6MT and they wanted 25 before tax, title, etc. Oh, also, I'm in Cali... which I hear cars are usually more $$$ here.

Anybody else?
It was $25K with the processing fee and I bought the car from AZ and will be registering it in VA..I have heard that CAL cars are more expensive..plus the AT was standard and the MT was an option so that may increase the price a little.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
$27.5 for an 06 is a bit much..i found a fully loaded 06 G35 COUPE ..EVERY option with only 33k..for $19,995.....

i love everything about the G37 i test drove it twice and it kills my G35 in terms of comfort and quality....but dont get me wrong i still love the G35..but the 37 is just a better refined car imo..right now im just saving up

Old 12-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
$27.5 is definitely too much... Check the KBB value and look to pay a little less for it...

Good luck and let us know on what you decide to do..

Old 12-23-2008, 12:16 AM
I just wanted to come back and say thanks to everyone that helped me out. I REALLY appreciated it!

I ended up going with my number one choice -- Porsche Boxster S. I figured if I was going to spend the money, I'd get something I've wanted for a very long time.

Thanks again guys! I think in a year or so I might get a Gcoupe to keep miles off my Porsche. I still like the car a lot. Who knows, we'll see.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone!

Old 12-23-2008, 12:20 AM
So now you have to change your screen name

Old 12-23-2008, 12:28 AM
But then you guys won't let me kick it.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by GCoupegirl
But then you guys won't let me kick it.
This site is 99.99% men I'm sure they'll let you "kick it"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gcoupe buying advice