Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Those in the market for a G, just pass, trust me

Old 02-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those in the market for a G, just pass, trust me

The G35 is a very clean, generally nice car... but I'd feel like I wasnt doing a dis-service if I didnt point out that they are junk... and hopefully save ONE person, or at least help point them into the direction of doing a bit of research and know what they are getting into.

My 2005 G35 coupe is a lemon. No, not literally, and not even the lemon law definition, it just has a lot of problems I cant seem to get anyone to acknowledge, let alone fix.

The top problems are the following... OIL CONSUMPTION OIL CONSUMPTION OIL CONSUMPTION (every 3kmi oil change I get MAYBE 1.5-2qt out tops. Just search for G35 oil consumption on google, you'll be amazed.), Engine Noise (sounds like it spun a bearing and is running without a motor mount... lots of vibrational feedback), extreme clattering at high rpms under load (getting on to freeway), usual pinging everyone experiences, squeaky/dangerously sticking clutch pedal, and finally an unusual popping sound coming from rear suspension on occasion.

I've been to "Santa Barbara Auto Group" on a NUMBER of occasions (its the closest and ITS nearly 100mi away). All of the items I've taken it in for the dealership claims are perfectly normal, and entertains the idea of an oil consumption test. I take the car after the oil change put about 1500mi on it, and return for the check up. I checked the oil after warming it up that morning, a slight BLACK line well below empty. Proceeded to take a picture of that, and took it in. They called me back to show me that the dipstick was past full with bright yellow oil. (no leak... riiiiiiiight).

I was out of commission as far as any time I could dedicate to this car goes for a while, and begun to get the fire in me again (hoping that something could/would change here) and after making appropriate calls to consumer affairs (per recommendations of a dealer in northern California that were a lot less sleazy), I called to make an appointment (apparently only one person there makes the appt's anymore...) with Ken.

Ken is clearly one of the biggest sources of this dealers douchebaggery. Ken remembered my situation, and smugly asked if I was going to take it to Fresno (which is perhaps 50mi further away). He didn't book an actual appointment, but rather said just bring it by tomorrow. I have no illusions of what tomorrows visit is going to net me ultimately. I've dealt with Ken... like I said douchebaggery and sleaze at its best. I have no doubt everything will be in "tip top shape, and nothing needs looking at, at all".

Moral of this story is, while buying a car buying there may not be a terrible idea (I dont know any sales people, nor have I purchased a car there), do not buy with the intent of having any service, repairs, or maintenance done at that dealer.

I'd like to make my story a bit better known, I definitely feel like I am getting the run around on a car that should have never had these problems in the first place. I have to say I've owned nissans, and "premium" brand cars, and honestly of ALL my cars I've owned, this is honestly the most disappointing experience I've ever had. I've had 70's chevys, hyundais, other nissans, bmw's, hondas etc. I've got no recourse... and I hope to get something out of this situation, so I am going to do the best I can to go against my usual beliefs and make my experiences known... let everyone know what they can expect from 40-45k car in the Nissan world. Do the smart thing and buy something else... I know for the foreseeable future, Nissan will not even be remotely near anything I will even bother considering for purchase.

Consumer affairs isn't doing anything, they don't care about their customers. I've been at this almost 2 years, and not a single thing seriously even looked at.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Did you buy this car brand new back in '05? Sounds like you got a car some kid drove to sh*t. Your "dangerously sticking clutch" is probably just a master cylinder, maybe also the slave. If your under warranty still, tell them to fix the master and to look around at the other components while there.

I just bought an '06 M6 and the clutch was sticking just above the catch point. Took it to the dealership and they fixed it with no questions asked.

I feel bad for your situation, but you can't tell people ALL G's are crap because you got an abused one.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
just cuz your car suks doesnt mean mine does ! you just dont know how to ride it !

Old 02-27-2009, 11:23 AM
no no, I am complaining because they wont fix it, they wont even look into it because the clutch sticking is intermittent (they wont even look at the cylinders etc) I dont want a new car... I want this one fixed... but like I said, I've talked to infiniti CA, and have two cases, and they arent doing ANYTHING at all.

I do personally think the vq motors are absolute ****, but what I am griping about specifically is that nobody is willing to do anything except pass the buck and tell me to go to a diff dealer (CA included).

Old 02-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Basically, I know its no maybach or Bentley, but one could assume with a premium brand such as a Infiniti, someone could give you a straight answer, someone could actually DO something. I dont know what reasoning they'd have to just ignore me... spend the couple days fixing the problem and get me off their back, or watch and laugh as I get to stroke level anger...

Old 02-27-2009, 11:43 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by ronnyek
no no, I am complaining because they wont fix it, they wont even look into it because the clutch sticking is intermittent (they wont even look at the cylinders etc) I dont want a new car... I want this one fixed... but like I said, I've talked to infiniti CA, and have two cases, and they arent doing ANYTHING at all.

I do personally think the vq motors are absolute ****, but what I am griping about specifically is that nobody is willing to do anything except pass the buck and tell me to go to a diff dealer (CA included).
LOL... that's why the VQ motor has been on the 10 best list for over 10 years straight right?

I would say your bad experience is more of one where the dealership wont fix what you need fixed. Take it to another dealership, a more reputable one. There might not be one in your area, but it would be worth it to take a drive to another dealership with a good reputation.
-GP-

Old 02-27-2009, 11:50 AM
http://www.google.com/search?q=g35+oil+consumption&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
dont know what or who they are paying for those awards.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:54 AM
not sure if your statement about Gs are true....yes our cars are flawed...what car isn't...

question is: did u buy it wihout warranty? are u trying to fix something under warranty?

car bought from an infiniti dealer? im assuming u bought it, left the lot, with no warranty?...and expect them to fix it after the fact it has problems?

wat kind of contract was signed upon buying the car? 30 day policy? XXX mileage warranty? or what???

just curious,
maybe DO take it to a NONE sleezy/douchbag of a place instead, i'd travel to a diff. dealership if i can't get what i want done, and if infiniti should get it done for free.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Everything is still under warranty... and yes should all be covered and free, but I keep getting run around from everyone... I cant be expected to drive 150mi 2-3 times for oil consumption tests... and what if joe blow next dealer decides they want to try and pull the same crap.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
I guess its partly my fault for not knowing where infiniti dealers were, let alone their reputations before buying

Old 02-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have nothing else just good to say about Infiniti and their service. I am on my second G with no problem at all. Only problem I had is the grill was pitting and they replaced it without any qustion.

I'd suggest to go to another Infiniti dealer and try it. Still easier than work yourself up and post nonsence.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Hmm well first of all you start off by saying all G's suck... and you conclude by saying the dealership service sucks. What exactly is the idea you're trying to impart? Secondly; no sh*t you got a bad reading on yur dip stick after letting the car warm up. You have to let the car sit for at least 20-30 minutes before checking the oil. I always check mine in the morning after sitting overnight. Yea, the location of the dip stick is really dumb and the way you have to check it is dumb too. The new VQ37 has resolved this issue. When I first bought my G I didn't realize you had to check the oil in this way... so try it this way and see what you get. Also if your opinion is that the VQ sucks your opinion isn't worth much unless you state why. Finally you can replace the clutch master cylinder fairly easily and cheaply on yur own. You shouldn't have to though cuz that is absolutely covered by warranty. If your dealer sucks that bad then take it up with Infiniti USA. I've been thoroughly impressed with the quality of my '06 G coupe and my dealership. I feel like a VIP every time I get my oil changed... free massages from a dealership while you wait?! That's pretty damn cool.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
this is stupid...it has nothing to do with ur car, it has to do with a dealership that isn't taking care of u...so the whole title and statements about the car being a pos is way off...and u prolly bought it used and someone else already drove the **** out of it...come on..

Old 02-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
posting that all G35's & VQ's are POS on "G35Driver.com" = EPIC FAIL!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 10:25 PM
This is why you have a personal tech at your disposal.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Those in the market for a G, just pass, trust me