Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

mustang GT vs G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 11:56 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Unlike most on here I've always been an american muscle guy. Never liked imports til i happened upon the G. I've always been into Chevy since my first camaro, and LOVE old camaros and muscle cars, but dodge has always been second for me. I think Dodge is winning for me right now tho since the Challenger reissue. More because Chevy has been putting out crap lately. The 2014 camaro styling tweaks are god awful and they offer very little greatness other than the new stingray. Dodge is the only one I feel is really trying anymore. Govt shoulda just let Chevy die out.

I'm down with the challenger. Hopefully they'll put out a "new" plum crazy purple cuda. Haha

Old 07-28-2014, 01:10 AM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
Unlike most on here I've always been an american muscle guy. Never liked imports til i happened upon the G. I've always been into Chevy since my first camaro, and LOVE old camaros and muscle cars, but dodge has always been second for me. I think Dodge is winning for me right now tho since the Challenger reissue. More because Chevy has been putting out crap lately. The 2014 camaro styling tweaks are god awful and they offer very little greatness other than the new stingray. Dodge is the only one I feel is really trying anymore. Govt shoulda just let Chevy die out.

I'm down with the challenger. Hopefully they'll put out a "new" plum crazy purple cuda. Haha
I'm just glad Dodge finally stepped their game up. All they need is a legitimate track sports car. The chally is more of a drag warrior, whereas the ugly camaro(What were they thinking) and stang are more well rounded.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by Spartan268
I'm just glad Dodge finally stepped their game up. All they need is a legitimate track sports car. The chally is more of a drag warrior, whereas the ugly camaro(What were they thinking) and stang are more well rounded.
Well, when the camaro first came back, I gotta admit it was a great step in the right direction, but it got old fast. The "new" mustang has held up better. The Camaro was cool for a bit, but suffered from overexposure and lack of affordable performance (which is a pony car "must"). As a result, there's a lot of cheap shitty V6 camaros out there that look like V8s (unnecessary/ornamental dual exhaust) and then some $50k super sports that are kinda just "OK".

Only problem I have with Dodge is that they have like 4 or 5 cars that are really just one car. They're all the same chassis with the same exact engine options. The challenger, 300, charger and magnum (discontinued) are all the same car. Its one great car tho, except for its weight. The Challenger just has the best skin.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Well, when the camaro first came back, I gotta admit it was a great step in the right direction, but it got old fast. The "new" mustang has held up better. The Camaro was cool for a bit, but suffered from overexposure and lack of affordable performance (which is a pony car "must"). As a result, there's a lot of cheap shitty V6 camaros out there that look like V8s (unnecessary/ornamental dual exhaust) and then some $50k super sports that are kinda just "OK".

Only problem I have with Dodge is that they have like 4 or 5 cars that are really just one car. They're all the same chassis with the same exact engine options. The challenger, 300, charger and magnum (discontinued) are all the same car. Its one great car tho, except for its weight. The Challenger just has the best skin.
Agreed. Thanks to the transformer movie it had every young blood running off saying "I want a camaro", good marketing have to admit though.

Sadly dodge has been a one trick pony with the same engine options and similar chasis. I originally wanted the Charger so badly, but couldn't afford it. Although the dart is a step in the right direction, performance is decent for a compact (SRT4 PLEASE) and the tech in there seems interesting. I'll rather have a dart than a garbage civic or corolla.

They need a mid-size competitor or atleast give the dam charger a diet.. Freaking 4000 pounds of fat !

Old 07-28-2014, 02:01 AM
I was thinking that was gonna be their new srt-4 too, but I dislike the lack of performance from the dart. I also hate that they brought it back as a compact. I used to drive a 69 dat custom 4-door, and it has no compact lineage. It's like they just wanted to bring back a semi familiar name.

Either way tho, dodge is a company I'm rooting for in an underdog kinda way. I had a caliber sxt for a couple months when it first came out and actually kind liked it. They do good things, but they need better marketing. Not enough people pay attention to them.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:00 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by ronnieballgame
I think they look nice, and should handle better without a live axle....I have read that they will be heavier than the outgoing model. They need to do something crazy with the next SVT model to keep up with the hellcat.

Actually it's rumored to be a few hundred pounds lighter than the outgoing model.

So, IRS, some weight shaved off, and more HP should be interesting. Ford's trying to market this as a "world car" so it will be interesting to see where this goes.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Only time will tell. Anyone who buys one is gonna catch a lot of flak from the v8 guys and gonna have a lot of splaining ta do..

I don't think it would be that bad.

There were 4-banger turbo Mustangs in the 80's that could be modified pretty easily. When they show up at the drag strip or car show, very few people give those guys flak because their little 4-poppers were usually faster than the 5.0 Mustangs.

Honestly, i'm a die-hard V8 fan, but with a loaded GT topping $50K, I might consider the Ecoboost 4-banger model. At 310HP/320TQ, those are better peak numbers than the 2003 GT I bought new. So it shows promise, but I'd have to drive one first of course.

The only guys who really get a ton of flak are the ones that buy the base model V6 and then put fart cannons and huge spoilers and Cobra emblems on the side and drive around like asshats...but that really describes a lot of driver's in other cars too.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:17 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Spartan268
Agreed. Thanks to the transformer movie it had every young blood running off saying "I want a camaro", good marketing have to admit though.

Sadly dodge has been a one trick pony with the same engine options and similar chasis. I originally wanted the Charger so badly, but couldn't afford it. Although the dart is a step in the right direction, performance is decent for a compact (SRT4 PLEASE) and the tech in there seems interesting. I'll rather have a dart than a garbage civic or corolla.

They need a mid-size competitor or atleast give the dam charger a diet.. Freaking 4000 pounds of fat !
Actually Dodge already announced they are starting production on new Dart SRT, it will be a turbo 4 banger, awd with about 300hp. Planning direct competition with STI and Evo.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:19 AM
I am not a fan of the style at all. But will be a decent car.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I am not a fan of the style at all. But will be a decent car.

It's not bad. Just needs a little more of a bold stance/look that the rest of the Dodge line-up has. I'm expecting good things from the SRT4. It will be sad though cause it'll most likely be faster than my G (06' Auto)

Old 07-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Kinda looks like a 4-door RX-8 from that angle

Old 07-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5

There were 4-banger turbo Mustangs in the 80's that could be modified pretty easily. When they show up at the drag strip or car show, very few people give those guys flak because their little 4-poppers were usually faster than the 5.0 Mustangs.

Honestly, i'm a die-hard V8 fan, but with a loaded GT topping $50K, I might consider the Ecoboost 4-banger model. At 310HP/320TQ, those are better peak numbers than the 2003 GT I bought new. So it shows promise, but I'd have to drive one first of course.

The only guys who really get a ton of flak are the ones that buy the base model V6 and then put fart cannons and huge spoilers and Cobra emblems on the side and drive around like asshats...but that really describes a lot of driver's in other cars too.
Yup. The SVO Mustang had a 2.3 liter iron block and iron head putting out 215hp or so? But you could up the boost to some crazy levels because of the iron on iron feature.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by ronnieballgame
Not a dodge fan, but it's hard to hate on that motor. I'm sure people are lining up to pay a massive premium to buy one....not me though. I like discounts & factory rebates too much.
Rumor is that Dodge has forbid dealers from adding adjusted market value to the Hellcat and must sell at sticker.

We will see, lots of dealers have been jacking up Mustang prices for a decade . Even in 2005, one of the last triple black GT convertibles in SoCal went for $15,000 over sticker,

Old 07-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5

Hehe
Name:  11-431A36F8-1268195-960-100.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  13.0 KB

Old 07-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hatchman
Rumor is that Dodge has forbid dealers from adding adjusted market value to the Hellcat and must sell at sticker.

We will see, lots of dealers have been jacking up Mustang prices for a decade . Even in 2005, one of the last triple black GT convertibles in SoCal went for $15,000 over sticker,
Dealerships are independantly owned and will probably still mark up the Hellcat. Probably nothing crazy like when the GTR first dropped. Some were selling at double MSRP.

I am curious what they will price the Hellcat at. The 2015 Z06 is estimated to be in the 120k range. The base Challenger SRT starts at 47k. How much will that 230hp boost really cost?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: mustang GT vs G35