Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Interested in buying a G37 sedan.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2012 | 06:21 AM
|
Interested in buying a G37 sedan.

Hey guys. I've been into cars and modifying them for a long time, but I've decided to replace my current car (turbo E36 M3) with a G37 sedan. I am interested in the G37 because my mom drives a G35 and every experience I've had with her car has been great, apart from one major setback, the gas consumption. My M3 gets better mileage and it makes 420 whp & wtq.

I've grown weary of driving a fast, loud and impractical coupe. One thing I know for sure is that no modifications, of any kind, will go on the car I buy next. Been there, done that. I think the G37 is a perfect combination of speed and luxury that a daily driver should have.

I did not do a search, but hopefully you guys are not too opposed to answering some basic questions.

1) What are the biggest maintenance issues that need to be addressed within the first 60K miles?

2) If purchasing pre-owned, is it difficult to find a manual G37 sedan?

3) What are your biggest qualms with the car?

4) Most importantly, is the gas consumption any better on the G37 than the G35?

TIA

Old 08-23-2012 | 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by lemansgts
1) What are the biggest maintenance issues that need to be addressed within the first 60K miles?

TIA
1) No major maintenance issues. I replace filter elements (air and cabin) every 15k. I recommend doing the rear diff every 30k, coolant every 60k, manual trans at 60k as well, auto has no interval, but there are others who have had it done at 60k, that will be up to you.

2) Manual G37s are more rare, it would be easier to find a V36 body style G35S in manual, but the 37s are out there, just gotta look.

3) Low end torque, fuel economy. Other than that it is a fantastic car.

4) The difference would be marginal at best, it really depends on how you drive. Both are gas hogs.

Good luck!

Old 08-24-2012 | 12:29 AM
When you buy a g37 you wont have that oil problem. It was on the 04-05 i believe.

Old 08-29-2012 | 03:34 PM

TIA
I have a 2011 Journey

1. no major issues. Give it a quick look over and top off fluids
2. manuals are hard to find. If you look on autotrader you can click "manual transmission" as an option.
3. honestly, nothing major.
4. Gas mileage is better on paper but I dont see it. Its just a little worse. Not a major change

Old 09-04-2012 | 08:29 PM
Still looking for one?

Old 10-01-2012 | 12:50 PM
Hey guys. I've been into cars and modifying them for a long time, but I've decided to replace my current car (turbo E36 M3) with a G37 sedan. I am interested in the G37 because my mom drives a G35 and every experience I've had with her car has been great, apart from one major setback, the gas consumption. My M3 gets better mileage and it makes 420 whp & wtq.

I've grown weary of driving a fast, loud and impractical coupe. One thing I know for sure is that no modifications, of any kind, will go on the car I buy next. Been there, done that. I think the G37 is a perfect combination of speed and luxury that a daily driver should have.

I did not do a search, but hopefully you guys are not too opposed to answering some basic questions.

TIA
1. I don't take my car in for the scheduled interval checkups. They are basically expensive oil changes. I'm at 39k and no problems.
2. Yes, I bought mine new in 09 and was lucky to find one on the east coast. I'm in Dallas, TX.
3. I have the sport. The brakes are soft and spongy. I've had techs take it for a test drive and it is how it was designed. The brakes on my non-sport loaner car is better. The steering is too light compared to a non-sport. The clutch takes some getting used to. You have to let the clutch out almost halfway before it engages.
4. Not in the city but 6 - 8 mpg better on the highway.