Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Buying a G35 Coupe!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying a G35 Coupe!!

Hello everyone, new to the forums. I have been driving an accord for the past year, and my dad finally told me its time that I get a new car. I've been bouncing around with different cars for the past year, (sports car vs 4x4), and I have always loved the G35's I told my dad this is what I wanted, so we have been looking for different ones for sale. I'm borderline what color to get, I really like the Laser Red because it stands out, but Obsidian Black and White are still appealing because they are good looking if kept clean. It just seems like everyone has a black or white car, and I would kind of like to be different. I'm also debating what year to get. If I were to get an 03-04, it would definitely be 6MT, so I would also get the Brembo's. I know the interior got redesigned in 05, but is it that much nicer? I've heard about the problems with oil consumption in the RevUp, but I would like the extra 10 or 15 hp. Also, is the manual shift on the auto's any good at all? Here are links to two I am looking at, the first is a 03 6MT, the second is an 05 5AT.

http://www.milleniamotors.com/vehicl...lersite#ar_top

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...ema&listType=1

The nice thing about the first one is that it already has alot of mods to it, but the second one has ugly a** rims that are way to small and I would have to do something about quickly. I'd appreciate the advice with which years, packages to look for, but most importantly I am so blessed to be getting such an awesome car .

Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Old 08-08-2012, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's funny you mention Diamond Graphite, I was talking it over with my dad because that is probably my top choice now. I totally forgot about it, but after seeing one of the members rides on here, I think it was XiN, I had forgotten how beautiful that color is. Still lookin for that right deal to pounce on though.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I just got my G35 last month, Diamond Graphite, and love it. Went from driving a Honda Civic... non Si.

Mine's an 05 with AT, and honestly the manual mode is not very awesome...the downsshift response is faster when in Auto mode, than when I manuallly downshift in manual mode. I use it more on the highway so it doesn't downshift when I accelerate to pass or have to brake, hopefully helping the gas milage. I wanted an automatic though b/c I do get stuck in a lot of traffic and it's just easier.

If you don't NEED it, keep waiting for the right color/price you want, I waited a year for the one I just picked up and it has the 19" wheels, sunroof, bose stereo, a spare set of tires, and 59k miles.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an 04 6mt. Probably the most annoying thing about the 03/04 6mt's is the brake dust from the brembo's and the tear in the drivers seat that people get. Other then that the 03/04 have less HP but they do have more torque then the rev ups.... but i really think the difference between the two in performance is negligible