Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

New car Decision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New car Decision

I have a big decision coming up soon, and I wanted to get some opinions. I have currently a 2005 G35 coupe, and I live near philly, and its just not practical anymore since I have two children, and winters make having the car not worth it. I have been looking into trading it in for a more family midsize luxury sedan. I have been contemplating two cars: 2009 A4 2.0T and the Mercedes C300 4matic. Both around the same price, and both AWD. This is my thinking for both: I'm not a fan of the G37 sedan, love the engine, but exterior does not impress me. BMW 3 series is ok, but insurance would be crazy, its a more expensive, and they look blah, unless its a coupe, more specifically the 335xi coupe which isnt practical and too expensive. The Lexus 250AWD is way to slow, and too blah in terms of styling. I like American cars, but I just cant drive one, for personal reasons, and driving one, your constantly reminded that your driving American. Just my opinion. My reasoning for the Audi A4 is the styling to me, is great, interior is great, AWD, and 4 doors. Its slow but I can always change that with a chip. I question the reliability of the Audi though. The Mercedes is also good looking and it has more power, and its a AWD 4door sedan. From research Mercedes seem pretty reliable, and my wife's father works for the Mercedes dealership that i would be buying from so If i had any issue it wouldn't be a hassle. I like the Audi styling more than the Merc, and I like the Audi has more aftermarket customizable options like chipping, and other styling options, that I don't think the Merc, could pull off if. I'm looking for helpful opinions and experiences. Thank you.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
Sounds like you have it all worked out. Whatever you decide between just make sure you get the maximum amount of time possible covered under warranty. German cars are sadly not that reliable and quite expensive to repair. I wld personally go with the Audi as I prefer their new styling compared to the C Class.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Have you considered keeping it in the family, look at a G or an M or Maybe an FX.
Also have you considered the Maxima or Altima
If you are stuck on these 2 cars tho i wouldnt do A4, after that warranty expires i wouldnt want to have to pay to replace the turbo so id go with the C300 yuck i cant believe i just said that! No get a G37 and stop bullshyttin or just get a beater until the redesigned G comes out

Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
even though it's an American company... have you looked at the new Buick Regal GS?

It was my 2nd choice before I went with the G35. The plus side, it's mainly german engineered, styling in my opinion is stellar, and you get a 4cyl Turbo with 240hp. They keep hinting at a AWD option but nothing is set in stone yet.

If the idea of driving a Buick upsets you, I vote Audi A4