Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Help: 2004 Coupe with 122k worth 10,500?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
Wow. Clearly you don't understand how markets work.

You are stating your OPINION. We are not talking about mod queens selling cars. Lolololololo

We're talking about a business. Lololololol
A business that does infact devalue a car that has been modded. I know cuz I asked if I could trade my rims for another Gs on the lot and they said absolutely not even tho mine are worth more. Lololololololo

And its funny how YOU have not accepted that kbb is the standard of car value, cuz the rest of the world seems to agree on their system. Lolololololol

So, go buy as many low priced, low mileage Gs you want, your opinion doesn't change the market. Lololololol
My opinion? It takes a quick google search to see what others say about KBB
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2005108AAD1fbx

NOONE FOLLOWS IT. Your ignorance is really showing tbh, a suspension isnt visible from the outside so the dealer did not even know about it and listed it as stock. 06-07 is a OEM product(incase you didnt know). OEM products will NOT make the price go down. From the looks of it, it sounds like you paid around 11k for a 120k miled 10 year old car as well lmfao

Old 03-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Back on topic, instead of argueing with a complete idiot who knows nothing about the real price of a g35
OP check cars.com
Heres the prices for the G's around the tristate area
http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...=GN_REFINEMENT

You will find g's from dealers at around 120k miles for around 6k. You can really do A LOT more with 11k. Good luck

Old 03-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by g35fnatic
My opinion? It takes a quick google search to see what others say about KBB
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2005108AAD1fbx

NOONE FOLLOWS IT. Your ignorance is really showing tbh, a suspension isnt visible from the outside so the dealer did not even know about it and listed it as stock. 06-07 is a OEM product(incase you didnt know). OEM products will NOT make the price go down. From the looks of it, it sounds like you paid around 11k for a 120k miled 10 year old car as well lmfao
Actually I bought my car years ago with 70k

But I digress. You're right. You must own a company bigger than kbb. How could I be so ignorant? I'm talking to a mogul apparently.

And it doesn't matter if its OEM. It wasn't OEM for that year. Do you even know what OEM means? Something about original equipment...? I don't recall any 04 Gs having projectors as original equipment. They are indeed 06-07 OEM. But on an 04 they must have been put on...um..after..the fact. After...um...market! Weird how that works.

Dealers don't like everyday buyers asking weird questions about why there are parts from one yr that didn't come on the car they're selling. See? Understand? Both sets of rims (in my case) were OEM for their respective years, but they would not have been OEM if they were switched.

So, again, chucklehead, do what you want. You do not run the market, homeboy. Lmmfgdpltfao.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good prices.

He is correct. Dealers rarely fool with cars that are n po t stock or original. I don't want one that's not stock. It normally means it's had the crap ran out of it. Raced etc.

My zip 36571 all are around 10k price. I'm so torn.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Actually I bought my car years ago with 70k

But I digress. You're right. You must own a company bigger than kbb. How could I be so ignorant? I'm talking to a mogul apparently.

And it doesn't matter if its OEM. It wasn't OEM for that year. Do you even know what OEM means? Something about original equipment...? I don't recall any 04 Gs having projectors as original equipment. They are indeed 06-07 OEM. But on an 04 they must have been put on...um..after..the fact. After...um...market! Weird how that works.

Dealers don't like everyday buyers asking weird questions about why there are parts from one yr that didn't come on the car they're selling. See? Understand? Both sets of rims (in my case) were OEM for their respective years, but they would not have been OEM.

So, again, chucklehead, do what you want. You do not run the market, homeboy. Lmmfgdpltfao.
This just shows how much you know about cars LOL. Yeah 06-07 Projectors are AFTERMARKET! Noone uses those terms that way, its oem products, then its aftermarket products. Projectors are CLEARLY oem because they're just plug and play, nothing more to it.
I love the fact you resort to questioning me about owning a company bigger than KBB, its obvious I dont, its obvious you dont it, and its also obvious that you're stupid enough to follow KBB prices and get raped by those prices lmao. Please just do some research with your free time and you'll realize KBB is nothing but false prices.

I honestly cant believe im talking to someone who considers 06-07 OEM projectors aftermarket when put on a different year g hahahahaha, they're still a oem product buddy

Old 03-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Old 03-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by g35fnatic
This just shows how much you know about cars LOL. Yeah 06-07 Projectors are AFTERMARKET! Noone uses those terms that way, its oem products, then its aftermarket products. Projectors are CLEARLY oem because they're just plug and play, nothing more to it.
I love the fact you resort to questioning me about owning a company bigger than KBB, its obvious I dont, its obvious you dont it, and its also obvious that you're stupid enough to follow KBB prices and get raped by those prices lmao. Please just do some research with your free time and you'll realize KBB is nothing but false prices.

I honestly cant believe im talking to someone who considers 06-07 OEM projectors aftermarket when put on a different year g hahahahaha, they're still a oem product buddy
Actually, I got a better deal on mine than you did on yours respective to when it was bought. I got $4000 off the kbb fair market value and it was completely stock with decent mileage. See, kbb isn't a price, its a reference for a baseline idea. Maybe one day UNICEF will start creating baselines for used cars, but until then kbb are the guys to see.

I can't believe I'm talking to someone who thinks projectors are original equipment on an 04. Your car must have gone 88mph, activated the flux capacitor and got future lights. That's pretty balling, brah..

Old 03-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Well, I'm very happy for you, but a lot goes into the price of a car other than what YOU would pay for it.

First of all your region. Maybe no one wants a G where you're from and the lot wanted to get rid of it.
Second: yours is a year older, and does it have all options like he said his does?
Third: aftermarket parts can easily make a cars value go down on a lot. Car lots sell Infinitis, or Fords, or Mercedes. They don't sell "Frankies custom hot rod" which may or may not have shoddy work done to it.

So, just for fun I looked up a fair market value at kbb.com on my car (2004, all options, 123k miles) and guess what? Fair market avg was $10,200. And retail (car lot) was actually above that at $10,820. So there ya go. It is a fair price.
http://clearbook.truecar.com usually has the most accurate value in my experience. Maybe a little higher than what they say. KBB is usually very high and Edmunds is usually pretty low.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Those cars up north sell for less because of rust. Salt on the roads etc. Your undercarriage and suspension takes a beating.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by dondante
Those cars up north sell for less because of rust. Salt on the roads etc. Your undercarriage and suspension takes a beating.
Yeah, I'm in SoCal, so $6k round here for any coupe is a salvage title. I saw a coupe one time with somethin like 260k miles goin for more than $6k. But, yeah, I don't need any pb blaster to get suspension bolts or bushings off or anything. They just come off like it was made yesterday so you make a good point.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we cant stop u if u wanna buy it, we just letting u know that the price feels on the high end, be patient and hopefully something better shows up, best of luck in ur search!

Old 03-09-2014, 01:39 AM
Honestly, I don't understand why you guys are hating so hard. Miles are not everything, and for the year its actually very modest mileage. I've bought many cars with high mileage that I brought back up to spec that ran great until I sold them. Dude, If the car runs well, you are good to go. Could you find one for a few hundred less? Sure, there's always one. But it will have its drawbacks too. Maybe you'll have to pay cash, maybe other things will be wrong with it, maybe it will have been in an accident, etc.

It's a fair price for a great car. That's the bottom line. It's not a GREAT price, but its fair. Just weigh the pros and cons. Knowing what I know now about the car I drive I would have paid more than what I did because I LOVE this car. It suits me perfectly, and I don't plan on ever getting rid of it, so money has very little influence. If its just a car you kinda like, then I would say its not worth it. If its something you've drooled over for awhile and you plan on swapping the engine when the original dies, repainting when the finish is dull, and rebuilding when the suspension is soft, it doesn't matter what you pay for it. This car is worth every penny I've spent on it and every minute I've worked on it, but that's merely my opinion.