Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

I'm 18 looking to buy a 04 g35 coupe.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lolik0
well not driving alot which is good, G35 wont be a bad first for u i think as long as u actually drive it like its meant to be driven. look up what higher mileage G's need etc and what to look for, and if possible have a mechanic take a look before u buy. GL
Thanks bro appreciated the help. Diffidently gonna get the car checked before buying.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
do it bro, you only live once lol....just drive normal and dont wild out and be careful in the rain

i say look for something with lesser miles

Old 06-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by racercris15
do it bro, you only live once lol....just drive normal and dont wild out and be careful in the rain

i say look for something with lesser miles
I been trying been checking and looking around for couple months.So far that the best one i found at that price range near my area.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
I am currently 18 heading onto 19 and the G is my first car. What I can tell you is that with any car... for example a 130hp honda or a 300hp G..anyone can drive it into a wall or another car, its all about the driver so dont listen to anyone saying that BS. Like mentioned above, if you can respect the power and no WHEN and HOW to use it, you should be fine. Maintenance.. its a damn nissan, this car has been all sorts of reliable for me, since I got it (used) at 49k miles all ive done was changed the oil and clean my window motor.. 53k miles and all im gunna do now is change the oil again. Oh and that being said, throughout the life of its car the previous owner only took it to get serviced, nothing went wrong with it. Now that being said, still play it smart and have your money set aside for any freak accident that may send your car under the knife but all my "repair" money has gone into mods haha. Have fun, this is a great first car and youll notice the amount of attention youll get when you drive it.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Yeah, but we don't just mean things that break, but rather maintenance stuff. Such as tires. Tires are not fun on the wallet and don't last long on Gs. Insurance (as mustang stated), gas, brakes, etc.

It being older its not unlikely that the radiator could crack (mine just did for seemingly no reason other than age), the shocks could be leaking, the bushings could be gone, end links and ball joints could be shot..the list goes on.

When I bought mine I spent $2300 on new parts (some performance however) in the first 2 weeks. New tires, shocks, end links, exhaust (obviously wasn't "necessary, but c'mon..)

The car costs a lot to own. I mean, yeah, you can drive it into the ground and just ride on old worn crap, but if that's your plan then why even buy a G?
it all depends mr scraggle. if you have a g thats 11 years old with still under 50,000 kms on the motor, it seems to me like the driver barely drove it and took good care

Old 03-07-2015, 03:36 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by vic1616
it all depends mr scraggle. if you have a g thats 11 years old with still under 50,000 kms on the motor, it seems to me like the driver barely drove it and took good care
Not really. Tires have little to do with mileage once they get to a certain age. You should never drive on tires older than 4 years old. Bushings too. There's thousands of pounds sitting on them for a decade or more. Not everything on a car has to do with mileage unless its in a humidity controlled environment and under suspended animation. Everything falls victim to age and weather.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:05 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Not really. Tires have little to do with mileage once they get to a certain age. You should never drive on tires older than 4 years old. Bushings too. There's thousands of pounds sitting on them for a decade or more. Not everything on a car has to do with mileage unless its in a humidity controlled environment and under suspended animation. Everything falls victim to age and weather.
Exactly. Low mileage cars that sit aren't all the best either. Tires have dated lifespans, belts, and vacuum lines can dry rot, seals can dry up and start to leak once the car begins moving again. If the cars a LONG time with used oil in it, that oil could contains acids that could attack bearings and other engine internals over time.

EVERY car needs to be looked over carefully, and buying something with low miles does NOT garantee a well-cared for vehicle.

I'm about to return my 2012 Mercedes Benz lease vehicle with just under 20K miles on it. It's shiney, still smells new and looks good. Some new buyer will think it was a garage queen. I can assure you that every one of those 20,000 miles were HARD. I beat the ever living **** out of that car every time I drove it because I knew it would be someone else's problem. Just three weeks ago I was banging the engine off the rev limiter as I was doing donuts in the snow with it in a parking lot. I put the bare minimum amount of $$ into maintanence just to meet my lease obligation, make sure i do not damagethe interior and exterior and honestly could care less about the car. I'm sure the dealer will clean it up well and advertise it as "low miles" and make a good profit of it from someone who thinks they got a well-cared for vehicle. And if i see my old car out there on the road one day, driven by a nice middle aged couple, i'll let them know how well it does donuts!

Unless you buy a car brand spanking new, you honestly have no idea what sort of life it's seen or what's been done to it. You just hope for the best.

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 03-13-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Exactly. Low mileage cars that sit aren't all the best either. Tires have dated lifespans, belts, and vacuum lines can dry rot, seals can dry up and start to leak once the car begins moving again. If the cars a LONG time with used oil in it, that oil could contains acids that could attack bearings and other engine internals over time.

EVERY car needs to be looked over carefully, and buying something with low miles does NOT garantee a well-cared for vehicle.

I'm about to return my 2012 Mercedes Benz lease vehicle with just under 20K miles on it. It's shiney, still smells new and looks good. Some new buyer will think it was a garage queen. I can assure you that every one of those 20,000 miles were HARD. I beat the ever living **** out of that car every time I drove it because I knew it would be someone else's problem. Just three weeks ago I was banging the engine off the rev limiter as I was doing donuts in the snow with it in a parking lot. I put the bare minimum amount of $$ into maintanence just to meet my lease obligation, make sure i do not damagethe interior and exterior and honestly could care less about the car. I'm sure the dealer will clean it up well and advertise it as "low miles" and make a good profit of it from someone who thinks they got a well-cared for vehicle. And if i see my old car out there on the road one day, driven by a nice middle aged couple, i'll let them know how well it does donuts!

Unless you buy a car brand spanking new, you honestly have no idea what sort of life it's seen or what's been done to it. You just hope for the best.
Would you disregard carproof if it showed its been driven 3500 kms/year? And if it showed it was legit owned by 1 owner? I got my car checked at infiniti and they said everything checked out and it was cared for well. Also drives fine. Maybe you just got a lemon? Or maybe cause its a mercedes and those are notoroious for problems and easy moneypits on maitenace.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by vic1616
Would you disregard carproof if it showed its been driven 3500 kms/year? And if it showed it was legit owned by 1 owner? I got my car checked at infiniti and they said everything checked out and it was cared for well. Also drives fine. Maybe you just got a lemon? Or maybe cause its a mercedes and those are notoroious for problems and easy moneypits on maitenace.
I think you need to reread my post. I'm returning the car because it's a lease and the term is up...not because of any problems. Since the car is going back, i've purposely been driving it VERY hard and basically abusing a $50K car I honestly don't care about because....well, it's a lease. But someone will look at it and see 6K miles per year and think they are getting a lightly driven garage queen.

My point was low miles mean nothing to me because you do not know how those miles were drive. You still need to do your due dilligence and inspect the car very well and look for signs of premature wear and tear and general use and wear items

I also own a 1-owner Ford Mustang as well that is driven a legit 125 miles per year. I can assure you, most of that 125 miles is spent heavy on the throttle...sometimes sideways.

Low miles does not equal easy miles

Old 03-17-2015, 05:24 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Mustang does have a point regarding mileage.

It goes both ways: a higher mileage car that was well taken care of can last a lifetime, while a low mileage/newer car that was abused can be a disaster. It all depends.

to the OP, Do your hw and make sure this is something that you want and can handle. We don't know your driving habits so you may be fine, or you may total it the first week.

Originally Posted by Mustang5L5

These cars are pretty easy to drive given you respect the power and don't drive out of control. I'm more concerned about the shock when you discover how much it is to insure a G35 coupe for an 18=year old. You might want to research that first. Also throw in maintainence costs, and the need to use premium fuel and the fact that this is a 10 year old car and oyu might need to throw another $1-2K into wear and tear like brakes, shocks, tires, etc.
Definitely look into the insurance costs and maintenance. These cars can cost a pretty penny even for minor service e.g. a few hundred $$ for brakes, tires, or suspension. Get one with a bad motor or tranny and you're looking at a few thousand $$.

Good luck.