Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

I'm 18 looking to buy a 04 g35 coupe.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm 18 looking to buy a 04 g35 coupe.

I'm a brand new driver just got my license 1 month ago been saving up for little over 10 months almost have enough to buy a 04 white g35 coupe. I been researching online saying it not a good first car i crash it with in a year. I'm really nervous e about making this purchase. Was anyone in this salutation before and tell me how it went and turn out. Will be a great help. I always wanted a g35 since i was 16. This will be my first car.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:30 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
A Lotta people are gonna tell you to go for it, but it's a bad idea. With the age of these cars exceeding 10 years now, you'll be working just to drive this thing. With maintenance, gas and repairs you will have no money left

Besides the fact that it's really easy up lose control of 300hp when you are an inexperienced driver. Not saying it WOULD happen, but practice on something a little easier.

The following users liked this post:
itztwinki3 (06-27-2014)
Old 06-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
vote for mods to check IP for trollers

Old 06-27-2014, 12:17 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
You might have enough to buy one but you won't be able to keep her happy like dirty 5 said. I don't wish this upon anyone haha. I work just to fix my car to get to work..

Old 06-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Well when i was 16 I owned a 300+ HP Mustang. I survived fine, and that car had no traction control or ABS or even airbags. In fact I still own the car.

How well you do depends on how much you respect the power. You don't need to drive the car with the pedal to the floor using all 300HP in the engine. If you are mature enough, you can handle the car just fine.

These cars are pretty easy to drive given you respect the power and don't drive out of control. I'm more concerned about the shock when you discover how much it is to insure a G35 coupe for an 18=year old. You might want to research that first. Also throw in maintainence costs, and the need to use premium fuel and the fact that this is a 10 year old car and oyu might need to throw another $1-2K into wear and tear like brakes, shocks, tires, etc.

The following users liked this post:
Justice06RR (03-17-2015)
Old 06-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
you have to ask yourself a few questions:
1. How far are you going to drive ( increases wear, maintenance, risk, etc)
2. Do u or ur parents pay insurance
3. Do u have money for expenses that may arise in the car ( this applies to any vehicle) I keep atleast 1-2k just for emergency repairs etc. U atleast need to have ur insurance deductible at hand at all times.

Next:
All cars are dangerous and also as long as u learn to drive ur actual car and dont drive like crazy ur fine. If u want to drive like crazy or irresponsibly u can die in a tank if u owned one. If ur in winter conditions alot, it is pretty dangerous but that again is any car this more then others i guess.
I had a Range Rover that went through a red light because of black ice, and also I spun it out once by hitting the throttle a little too hard when driving and those are 4x4 and meant for those conditions so again doesnt really matter the car. just dont be a dip **** no offense.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Find an 05' and higher and buy it. I'm 19, my car has 161k being an 05' and the only thing I have changed is my battery on the oil filter ring. And with it being 280+ hp just don't be stupid. Just be responsible.. atm I quit my job and I'm going to school. Out of the 6 months I've had it nothing big to worry about.
Maybe your door actuator will be out but you'll get used to locking it manually.
Good luck!

Old 06-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
I would check your insurance rates! Personally for a car your looking at a 2004 g35 coupe. Its 10 years old. If you get in any sort of a accident (which most 18 years olds with a fresh license do at least once!) its an easier car for the insurance to just total out. Now that goes for ANY car thats 10 years old not just the G35 coupe. But for it to be in most 18 year olds range that tosses it down under 10k which means high mileage. I wouldnt do it. You will spend a bit in repairs. Kinda like a BMW any time you go to the mechanic its about a grand. If your familiar with cars and know how to fix things then maybe.... But most dont anymore since shop class is gone in shcools..... IF IT WERE ME.... I wouldnt look at a "luxury sports" car for my first. Thats me.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by christopherv5
Find an 05' and higher and buy it. I'm 19, my car has 161k being an 05' and the only thing I have changed is my battery on the oil filter ring. And with it being 280+ hp just don't be stupid. Just be responsible.. atm I quit my job and I'm going to school. Out of the 6 months I've had it nothing big to worry about.
Maybe your door actuator will be out but you'll get used to locking it manually.
Good luck!
Yeah, but we don't just mean things that break, but rather maintenance stuff. Such as tires. Tires are not fun on the wallet and don't last long on Gs. Insurance (as mustang stated), gas, brakes, etc.

It being older its not unlikely that the radiator could crack (mine just did for seemingly no reason other than age), the shocks could be leaking, the bushings could be gone, end links and ball joints could be shot..the list goes on.

When I bought mine I spent $2300 on new parts (some performance however) in the first 2 weeks. New tires, shocks, end links, exhaust (obviously wasn't "necessary, but c'mon..)

The car costs a lot to own. I mean, yeah, you can drive it into the ground and just ride on old worn crap, but if that's your plan then why even buy a G?

Old 06-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
Yeah, but we don't just mean things that break, but rather maintenance stuff. Such as tires. Tires are not fun on the wallet and don't last long on Gs. Insurance (as mustang stated), gas, brakes, etc.

It being older its not unlikely that the radiator could crack (mine just did for seemingly no reason other than age), the shocks could be leaking, the bushings could be gone, end links and ball joints could be shot..the list goes on.

When I bought mine I spent $2300 on new parts (some performance however) in the first 2 weeks. New tires, shocks, end links, exhaust (obviously wasn't "necessary, but c'mon..)

The car costs a lot to own. I mean, yeah, you can drive it into the ground and just ride on old worn crap, but if that's your plan then why even buy a G?
Well thats where you have to look at the car test it etc. When i went looking for a car it took me months, But i found one with the interior perfect, the tires had a lot of thread left and they were contipro contact ssr with stock wheels. You can't just go buy a G and expect it to be perfect, check the history. Take it to your local Infiniti dealer and ask them to run a Vin check on previous maintenance and so on.
Although i wasn't able to do a complete check on tune ups, so thats my next step to get a complete tuneup :P

Old 06-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Lolik0
you have to ask yourself a few questions:
1. How far are you going to drive ( increases wear, maintenance, risk, etc)
2. Do u or ur parents pay insurance
3. Do u have money for expenses that may arise in the car ( this applies to any vehicle) I keep atleast 1-2k just for emergency repairs etc. U atleast need to have ur insurance deductible at hand at all times.

Next:
All cars are dangerous and also as long as u learn to drive ur actual car and dont drive like crazy ur fine. If u want to drive like crazy or irresponsibly u can die in a tank if u owned one. If ur in winter conditions alot, it is pretty dangerous but that again is any car this more then others i guess.
I had a Range Rover that went through a red light because of black ice, and also I spun it out once by hitting the throttle a little too hard when driving and those are 4x4 and meant for those conditions so again doesnt really matter the car. just dont be a dip **** no offense.
Yea my parents are paying half my insurance. After i buy the car i will have around 3-4k to spare.I be driving to school most of the time which is around 13 miles to get there and back 3 times a week. I live in California Bay area it just cold weather that about it no heavy rain or any of that.I would need a car after summer anyways just thinking if I should follow through with this car.

Last edited by Zfasdger Asfasd; 06-27-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Zfasdger Asfasd
Yea my parents are paying half my insurance. After i buy the car i will have around 3-4k to spare.I be driving to school most of the time which is around 13 miles to get there and back 3 times a week. I live in California Bay area it just cold weather that about it no heavy rain or any of that.I would need a car after summer anyways just thinking if I should follow through with this car.
Stay in school.....

I gave you my 2 cents I wouldn't do it... Do you have one kind of lined up??? If so what is the year, mileage, auto/manual etc.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
Stay in school.....

I gave you my 2 cents I wouldn't do it... Do you have one kind of lined up??? If so what is the year, mileage, auto/manual etc.
What are you talking about I never say i was gonna leave school LOOL. The guy ask me how much will I be driving daily. Its a 04,117500 miles,auto. Clean title.Changed Mobil 1 extended performance oil and M1 oil filter 2k miles ago.
Only put Shell 91 gas
Tires with good tread
Brakes are OK.
The car looks great. I'm just worry because I'm a new driver.
for 8,000 flat. Good or look for something else.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:03 PM
I would pass.... 117500 is borrowed time...

Old 06-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Zfasdger Asfasd
well not driving alot which is good, G35 wont be a bad first for u i think as long as u actually drive it like its meant to be driven. look up what higher mileage G's need etc and what to look for, and if possible have a mechanic take a look before u buy. GL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm 18 looking to buy a 04 g35 coupe.