Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Should I buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 12:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should I buy

I found a couple of g35s near all rebuilt what do you guys think

He fixed the 02 sensor
the red sedan and coup are my favorites

Old 03-29-2018, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
^
Be very very careful when purchasing a vehicle with a salvage title. Hundreds of thousands of flood vehicles are out there that are going to have weird electrical problems with so many sensors on these vehicles. Many of these problems take time to show up due to corrosion in plugs/connectors in the wiring harness that may take hours to diagnose even with excellent electrical troubleshooting skills.
If you are very serious on the purchase of a particular vehicle have a local infiniti dealer thoroughly inspect the vehicle, run the VIN number, and provide you with a service history.
You can use any defects to negotiate the purchase price lower. Have the seller pay for any needed repairs to make the vehicle roadworthy.

Just my $.02

Telcoman

Old 03-30-2018, 05:32 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
^I totally agree, telcoman is spot on with his advice.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Prior to the purchase of any vehicle with a salvage title one should certainly contact their insurance agent with the VIN number. Insurance companies have much more knowledge regarding vehicles declared salvage. They may even refuse to provide insurance coverage on vehicles declared not road worthy.

Telcoman

Old 03-30-2018, 11:04 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,457 Likes on 2,151 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I wouldn't touch a salvage title unless it was just for parts. I understand the price tag can be VERY alluring but take my advice the time spent fixing random gremlins and other broken stuff (or finding things that are unfixable...) is NOT WORTH IT, just save up your money and wait another year to buy a real car instead of someones old smash box.

If you won't be dissuaded then at least take whichever vehicle you're interested in (stay far away from that grey coupe with all the mods it's probably been beaten to hell and back) to your local Nissan/Infiniti for a pre-purchase inspection and also pay extra to have them throw it on the alignment rack and see if they think the vehicle can be aligned straight again. Frame damage can be VERY hard to find sometimes and if it's not tracking straight you can just add $1000 per year onto the cost of the vehicle because it'll burn tires up every year or you can invest in an aftermarket front/rear camber and toe kit to get it as close as possible but that's about $800 as well.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 sensor is due to the cats going bad... just changed mine out about 3 months ago on my 08 Stock Sedan model. I also had to change out my AC Pump as they go out... Try to find a good shop to do this for you. The shop I went to here in North Carolina hooked me up and the total cost for the AC Pump w/ Labor was only $350, as we went with a used model due to the fact that I don't plan on getting rid of the car and will have to replace it again at some point.

If you are not getting one with a Bose system in it keep in mind that you cannot change the head unit at this time as there is no work around from the climate control system from what I was informed when putting some subs in mine.

I would also be weary of any model prior to 08 as they consumed oil and you need a catch can / continuously put oil in the car.

I love my G and have plans to upgrade exhaust, coil-overs stage III. I will keep mine until the car dies, then at that time I want to get a different crate motor to put in it that will support a stage III Turbo or Super Charger.

4 more years until I retire and will probably be spending all my time and money on my G to get it to that point if I am not there already.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you all for the help I ended up buying 05 coupe with 83k miles white with paint issues